Say hello and introduce yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashanamarie

Hi everyone,

My name is LaShana Marie. my mom was diagnosed Summer of 2022. It has been a hard road so far. I pains me to see what this disease is doing to her. The outburts, hallucinations, the mean things she says, the self-harm. She is in a facility right now because I could not possibly care for her. Most days I am just so depressed.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Hi @lashanamarie welcome, this is a friendly and supportive place. It sounds as though you are in the USA and although this forum is UK based we do have quite a few members here from all over the world so you are very welcome. Although things like social and medical care differs, dementia is the same wherever you live. I'm sorry to hear about your mom but there often comes a time when a whole team of people are needed to provide care, rather than just one person, and it sound like your mom is in the right place to keep her safe. When a person goes into care it can cause a whole range of difficult feelings in the care giver, and it may be helpful for you to speak with your doctor about your depression. Keep posting here to too if it helps, it's a safe place to talk about how you are feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.