Mil Very Near End Of Life ??

Carara

May 19, 2013
West Mids,Uk
Hi Farmergirl,
I agree 100% at least we have TP and honestly I couldnt do this without TP

We`re the same as you as in the fact no-one wants to help etc
Its so sad because although Mil was not a good mom (come from her own children not me )and was basically nasty to extended family members its not her fault she`s got this vile illness

x x x

Shash7677

Sep 15, 2012
Nuneaton, warwickshire
Noorza, TP is what people call Talking Point for short.

I still now get confused with some of the shortening.

It's a great place to be, supportive, friendly, you can rant and rave, cry and know someone's on the other end to receive it all and understand.

Take care x x

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
Noorza there is a thread at the beginning of this forum which lists all abbreviations. I found this very helpful and am now remembering many of them

Jeannette

Pennie

Jun 16, 2013
Somerset
Hi Carara,

I'd just like to let you know that I am also thinking of you daily as you bear witness to the ending of this dread disease's hold on your MIL.

Hope you have a calm and peaceful day today and that you are managing to look after yourself and your husband too of course.

Sending love and thoughts...

Carara

May 19, 2013
West Mids,Uk
Thankyou Pennie & Kassy

Mil`s feet are so mottled up to her knees and so are her hands up to her elbows

The last 24 hrs :mad:

Don`t know how I cope myself sometimes :confused:

x x x

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Hi Carara,

Just got home (and this was a really tough day with Mum. Really Tough. There should be a TP abbreviation, RT, for those days when Dementia is to the fore), and logged in to see how the three of you are doing.

Clearly everything is still slowing down, a gradual slowing, slowing.... and eventually things come to a stop. What heartens me about Pied's and your thread, is that there can be a gentle letting go of life (yes, long and protracted for those who hang tight to life) and it isn't about Dementia at all any more. That is something I now hope for with Mum.

I hold you in my thoughts of course and you are all remarkable. You must feel this is endless. But it isn't. Sending you calm, patience and fortitude, Carara and that wonderful man of yours, BE

Carara

May 19, 2013
West Mids,Uk
Thankyou nicoise for your lovely words

Big Effort your posts are always so lovely Thankyou

The last 24 hours have been a nightmare with her :(

Please god without sounding terrible just come for her

x x x

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Ah dear Carara now that is exactly what I said just on Mum's last day. Up until then I think I had only half meant it when I said death would be a release, but on that last day when I hoped for release, I hoped for it with every fibre of my being, because I couldn't stand it any more. I know exactly where you're coming from.
I'm sorry this last day has been a trial. I think I can guess. Just keep on with the mouth care as much as you can and I am sure at this point it is probably harder for you and your hubby than it is for your MiL. Take breaks when you need to to recharge. The point where you are most tired is the point at which rest will come. And it will. Xxxx

Carara

May 19, 2013
West Mids,Uk
Thanks Pied,Sharon & JayJay

Mil breathing is at 4 large ones then very very shallow ones (where you cant see her moving )per min

But it could all change again and I maybe taking her shopping tomorrow :confused:

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
You're doing a great job and I'm sure your mum in law appreciates your presence. Have you tried asking her to give your love to your FiL, someone suggested that to me, and I think it might've helped Mum. It certainly helped me. Anyway I'm thinking of you as you go into this night. I don't know about you but I found the small hours the hardest. X