Mil Very Near End Of Life ??

Carara

May 19, 2013
West Mids,Uk
Mil has now taken to her bed for the last 2 days

Carers changed her this morning and it really upset her :( although they was very careful )

Don`t need onsie`s no more as she cant undress now (no strength)so put her in nightie

She was upset for quite a few minutes after they had gone,crying sound but no tears

She told her son (my hubby) that she loved him,her voice is so very croaky you can hardly hear what she`s saying

I calmed her down (she thinks Im her sister which is lovely ) by holding her hand,stroking her brow and asking her to have a little sleep for me

Her breathing is at 11 per min

She is very content at the moment sleeping

I cant see how she can go on much longer

Please God don`t let her suffer for days on end,I know she`s not been very nice with me but I just dont want her to suffer now

Here`s hoping for peace for her

x x

kingmidas1962

Jun 10, 2012
South Gloucs
She may not have been very nice to you but your presence is reassuring her now, whoever she thinks you are. Its a wonderful thing you're doing for her and I hope she passes peacefully too xxxx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Carara,

Your compassion shines through and how wonderful for your MIL to be surrounded by such love at the end of her journey through this life. I wish you continued strength as you share these moments with her and I wish your MIL a peaceful transition.

Love

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Wishing your MIL the peace she deserves and wishing you and your husband much strength. xx

grobertson62

Mar 7, 2011
Sheffield
Having recently been in this situation only very recently I know how difficult it can be
I hope her passing is gentle and peaceful
Gill

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Hello Carara,

I have followed you for so long now, and I was shocked at the news of your MIL.
It certainly seems as if she is content to slip away..... and you and your husband are obviously giving her just the support she needs to feel safe to let go.

Like the other posters, I wish her and you a continuation of peace and serenity.
I will keep you and MIL in my thoughts, and let us know how you are getting on.
Love BE

Carara

May 19, 2013
West Mids,Uk
Hi & Thankyou all

Mil is still with us as of yet

Her two daughters came to see her this afternoon,we think she was aware but not sure

Her other son is supposed to be coming tonight

I have been with her constantly all day and probably will be so through the night

Big Effort,This was a massive shock to us too as only last Saturday she was playing up big time :mad: yet as the week has gone on she has become weaker & weaker so much so that now she can`t even lift her head off the pillow
I have half turned her & made her comfy again and she`s now back asleep,breathing very shallow.

I just prey this doesn`t go on for days & days

Will keep you informed and Thanks again for all your kind words,it means so much

Where would we be without TP ?
(think I`d have lost the plot without it )

Thanks again x

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
Mil has now taken to her bed for the last 2 days

Carers changed her this morning and it really upset her :( although they was very careful )

Don`t need onsie`s no more as she cant undress now (no strength)so put her in nightie

She was upset for quite a few minutes after they had gone,crying sound but no tears

She told her son (my hubby) that she loved him,her voice is so very croaky you can hardly hear what she`s saying

I calmed her down (she thinks Im her sister which is lovely ) by holding her hand,stroking her brow and asking her to have a little sleep for me

Her breathing is at 11 per min

She is very content at the moment sleeping

I cant see how she can go on much longer

Please God don`t let her suffer for days on end,I know she`s not been very nice with me but I just dont want her to suffer now

Here`s hoping for peace for her

x x

Oh God, that is so sad:( you have tremendous strength, my thoughts are with you.

geum123

May 20, 2009
I'm so very sorry to hear about your Mil, Cara.

I hope the next part of her journey is peaceful and pain free.

Wishing you all strength.
xxxx

Laine5

Jun 15, 2013
So, so sad, wishing you all the strength in the world. Hope it is a peaceful passing.
Gill

Carara

May 19, 2013
West Mids,Uk
Just thought I would keep you lovely people informed

Mil still with us

Had quite a peaceful night

Today carers didn`t undress her,just changed her pad and gave her a wash

She was ok with it as they hardly moved her

Earlier though she was making a crying sound so went to her making sure she was ok,she said Sorry (I could hear that clearly) held my face on either side and your lovely :eek: (Didn`t think that last week for sure!!)
I had tears in my eyes :( but wouldnt let her see I was upset

When I asked her to have a sleep for me she said ok and goodbye,I said don`t you mean night night,she smiled

Right now she`s got this squeeky little voice and no one can understand what she`s trying to say.....basically she sounds like a very small baby

All her children have seen her now and her grandson & grand daughter in law will call in later..

x x

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
Carara, I hope your MIL passes peacefully, its strange that she should say sorry to you, my Nan said exactly the same to my Mum, her daugter in law , and she had been truly dreadful over the years to my Mum,but when she became ill and was dying of Cancer, it was my Mum she wanted, as I said she said sorry to my Mum and died a few hours later. You, like my Mum are extremely compassionate considering what you have been put through.Take care of yourself too during this time xx
ange

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Hi Carara,

Just checking in on you and MIL. I somehow managed to get myself logged out of TP.... no idea anymore of my password etc. but back on now to catch up with you all.

Hope MIL stays relaxed and comfortable again tonight. It sounds as if she really trusts your judgement, Carara, and she is at ease with you 'keeping watch'.

Glad the closest relatives are managing to visit, and also finding her at peace. And it sounds as if the care staff are gentle and considerate too.

Thinking of you..... none of us would ever choose it, yet we all are going to face it at some point. Sending you a sign of great peace:
peaceful_dove-7d07d4144cdf97df2681a872222f4917.jpg

As always, I hold you all in my thoughts. Big hug and gentle times ahead, BE

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Your MiL sounds content and peaceful and is obviously appreciating all your loving care. I hope she is calm and comfy and that you get some rest tonight.