So bizarre !

Spamar

(((((Hugs, Ann))))). Im so sorry for you with mil like this. I’m just glad my OH never got to that stage.
What to do? I have no idea, but I do know she is in the best place she could be. You have nothing to berate yourself about.
But it is so sad to see someone like that.
Go and have a good swim and enjoy your jacuzzi!

I went to fav cafe this morning. Spent nearly 2 hours chatting to fellow customers that I’ve met there. It’s that type of place! Staff joined in when they had time, which I guess is quite unusual.

Good day, everyone!

Kayoss

Mils delusions/confabulations are getting more and more extreme - though Thank god, she isn't finding them upsetting and they are not stressing her out at all. But the sheer 'strangeness' and the absolute lack of logic behind them is breathtaking.

Just yesterday, we had her asking when her next exercise session was - you know, the one where she and the dog go to the gym!

We had her frin herntically looking for the 'Christmas Mobile phone' she had bought - she showed it to me, she said - the red one, that she is allowed to use to phone her brother at Christmas.

Last night she leapt out ger seat to go and 'clean that room'. What room? The one upstairs, where we play ten pin bowling, apparently - oldest daughter caught that one - I walked in to find Mil demanding that daughter accompany her up the stairs so she could SHOW her the bowling alley, and Mil then insisted that I went too. She went in every bed room, bathroom too - even opened the landing cupboard - but wasn't that worried when it couldn't be found.

This morning, she is worried about getting to her job at the theatre on time - the theatre where she wears the blue dress on the stage and there are horses :confused:

Because she isn't upset, then it doesn't worry or upset me, and its not stressful to deal with - but I am seriously puzzled by where on earth these odd ideas come from!
I get the same from mum. I think with her it comes from 2 sources. First, i think she retains key words from several sentences over a couple of days. Eg.one day i suggested i stay with her for a few weeks. She said no as council will throw her out for having someone else in the flat. I tell her rubbish, you pay up in full you could have an elephant stay if you want! Later that day we talked about the garden shared between the 3 flats In her building and hers is the middle section. A few days later, while she was on phone fretting about something, she told me that there was an elephant downstairs! I know also that when she calls me in a panic asking if her rent is paid, i know she is watching Can't pay? We'll take it away on tv!

Kayoss

I get the same from mum. I think with her it comes from 2 sources. First, i think she retains key words from several sentences over a couple of days. Eg.one day i suggested i stay with her for a few weeks. She said no as council will throw her out for having someone else in the flat. I tell her rubbish, you pay up in full you could have an elephant stay if you want! Later that day we talked about the garden shared between the 3 flats In her building and hers is the middle section. A few days later, while she was on phone fretting about something, she told me that there was an elephant downstairs! I know also that when she calls me in a panic asking if her rent is paid, i know she is watching Can't pay? We'll take it away on tv!
Sorry, I am new to all this technology. Just replied to something you posted a while back! Oh dear. I wiil get used to it. My excuse is I am just about to hit 60. Lol

Spamar

Merely a youngster, Kayoss!
Morning all! Dull and cloudy, but no rain. Nothing planned! Though still things to do, though.
Lost 3 lb! That’s real loss not just fluid from being ill and not eating!
Have a good day, everyone

jugglingmum

Well done on the weight loss Spamar, 3lb is good going, and has required perseverance all week

Ann - I missed your post yesterday (blame fancing tournament). Sorry MIL was so upset. At least the staff understand how to read her and know how to deal with it, and take it in their stride. Not a great comfort to you, but it might help if you look at it this way. And also hard to do, but maybe need to check with the staff how she is when you arrive and if she is like this, then leave again, as it might be the best thing for her, less is more in terms of stimulation once dementia has passed a certain stage I think.

REd - sorry I'm not fully caught up on this post. Glad you are enjoying your granddaughter, hope that all is now well with mum and babe, and hope you get a good tutor marking your dissertation.

Ann - sorry you didn't get the job, good sign they want to keep in touch, however good you are someone else might be the ideal fit. I do hope you carry on looking for other jobs, I think you are being very unfairly treated in the current one, maybe a work to rule and don't travel to the meetings, not sure how productive you think they are. In my job travelling time is taken into account in overtime once it is beyond normal level plus half an hour, but an overnight stay, if the time is your own (Including eating with others) isn't considered overtime. Most of the time if wifi is working the staff tend to work well into the evening, as they will get paid, and there is nothing else to do, and means they will get away and home earlier.

The rule of having to take TOIL in the next week is in my opinion an unfair clause.

Spamar - Giro early rest day was due to long transfer from Israel, although the transfer from Scicily turned into an epic for some teams. We haven't managed to watch it all but did watch the stage where Simon Yates got the jersey, and that was an epic. Today's stage should be good as well I think. Think there is another rest day tomorrow.

Slugsta, I'm enjoying reading about your trips out, even if I don't comment.

I still have loads to update on here - not least teenager strops, will try and do later, but good gardening/cycling day here, and after working on Thursday need to try and do some cleaning.

Last edited:

Ann Mac

Morning everyone,

Well done on the 3lbs weight loss Spamar, as JM say's - that is really good going :) x

Hi Kayoss, and welcome to TP x I think you are right over the source of at least some of the delusions and confabulations that I (and others) encounter. Mil certainly came out with a lot of stuff that was obviously lifted from what she had been watching on the box. Sometimes that could be almost funny, but sadly the paranoia would more likely cause her to twist it into something scary or that would make her angry. Being pestered for several days to get a paternity test done on my 3 kids, after she had watched Jeremy Vile,definitely fell into the 'not remotely funny' catagory. I also know that something said to her could be retained for a short time at least, but would be invariably twisted and taken out of context - a very stupid eye consultant queried the need for Mil to be on anti-psychotic meds after Mil pulled out her best hostess mode and came across as articulate and sensible during an appointment. This was remembered for several weeks and translated into Mil being certain that 'the doctor/nurse' had told her she didn't need to take any of her meds - including the ones for her angina, copd and diabetes!

JM - sounds like you have been madly juggling as usual! It also sounds like the teen strops are still a major issue, sadly. I am really sorry to hear that. I know all we can do is ride it out, but when you are in the thick of 'em, thats a lot easier said than done - sending {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} xxx Here, youngest is hell bent on saving for a car (she is getting driving lessons for her 17th this week) and the only reason why the strops aren't featuring quite as often is that she is working all the hours she can to get the money together, and isn't home often enough for there to be lots of stroppy behaviour - though she can cram quite a bit of it into the short time we do see her some days!

Travel time is counted as part of work time, which I guess is something, in my current job, JM. And I get the idea behind not counting the evenings after meetings or taking part in events, as work too. But when the ammount of travelling, including overnight stays have increased massively, especially when you also have to do your 'actual' job besides and no allowances are made, it becomes a big issue. It impacts on your home life, leaving you struggling to keep up with the usual humdrum stuff you have to do, never mind leaving you little time for yourself. And it impacts on your work, because it boils down to you either working additional hours to stay on top of what you have to do anyway - hours which are often impossible claim back the next week, as is stipulated - or falling massively behind.

I'm OK over not getting the other job. I knew at interview, as I said, that I didn't have the experience needed for one area in particular - and as that particular area didn't really appeal anyway, you are all right in saying that it wasn't quite the right fit. That's OK - I'll just keep looking :)

I think the suggestion of checking how Mil is when I arrive at the CH, and deciding then if I should actually see her, is a good one. The staff do know - because we have made it very clear - that if we arrive and they think that there is a chance that we may stimulate her agitation or make it worse or harder for her to calm down, that there is no problem with them telling us that. However, I suspect that some may feel awkward with saying that to us, so we need to start making it clear when we visit and they tell us she is upset, that we are OK with them saying 'please don't go see her today'.

Had to juggle my 'off day' this week, to again fit in with work demands, and am taking it today. The weather looks to be good, so this afternoon OH may be kayaking, and I'll probably tag along with the camera - and a swim, jacuzzi and steam sesion to finish the day, I think.

Amy, 2 jays, Slugsta, Carolyn, Red and evryone else, hope you guys are all OK. Sending love to all xxxxx

2jays

Sorry to have been a bit distant... have had the little people to stay for a while...

Granny loves marshmallows.... she is very/ultra/childishly possessive of her supplies.....

This week.... The phantom marshmallow eaters visited and have been identified

They are the sweetie gremlins that visit occasionally

Using tactics that would put mission impossible to shame..... they have eaten ALL of granny’s marshmallow supplies....

No wonder they were so hyper :D

jugglingmum

Granny loves marshmallows.... she is very/ultra/childishly possessive of her supplies.....

This week.... The phantom marshmallow eaters visited and have been identified

They are the sweetie gremlins that visit occasionally

Using tactics that would put mission impossible to shame..... they have eaten ALL of granny’s marshmallow supplies....

No wonder they were so hyper :D

:D:eek:

I only like marshmallows when heated on a skewer over a BBQ/fire - otherwise they are the devil's work.

Next time you need to employ distraction techniques - I'm sure you've heard of them. In a bid to avoid the sugar high, you could leave some small toys in the hiding place, if you don't think this will work, other sweets to preserve your marshmallows. My children wouldn't dare take my sweets, they know they'd get the look.

Ann - enjoy your day off.

Spamar - hoped you enjoyed yesterday's Giro stage, we certainly did.

Dau was 17 a few weeks ago, she has started driving lessons, a few rows have arisen over that as if we say something she thinks is obvious she blows, if we mention something she'd rather hear from driving instructor, after asking us to explain it she blows, so neither of us feel we would like to take her out to drive just yet. Not that we have a suitable vehicle, got a quote to add her to insurance on our 12 year old skoda octoavia, over £3,000 for the 6 months remaining on the policy. We do intend to finally get rid of our blue VW van and replace it with a car we can insure her on, but inertia so far on that. Unless she has a secret fairy god mother she won't be getting her own car, as we have just bought her 2 new cyclocross bikes and they still need race wheels, she could have a car and insure it for a while for that money.

Spamar

My heart bleeds, granny! I’m sure supplies will be replaced today!

JM, didn’t get to see yesterday’s Giro until quest +1! F1 got in the way once again.
My surprise was all that snow! And the cleared roads. Then I had a look to see exactly where they were, all explained.
I hasten to add that Venice is the only part of Italy I’ve visited.

Ann, hope another job comes up quickly.

Weather here is windy, trying to be sunny, but not often succeeding!

See you later!

Ann Mac

Morning all,

2jays - you could always invite me to stay instead - I loathe marshmallows, so your supply would be safe with me :D

JM, you have summed up nicely my fears over the liklihood of even more meltdowns when dau starts her driving lessons! I just know its going to be horrendous - and I also know she is hoping that her Dad or I will take her out for practice. And that she will be able to go on our insurance and drive our cars. Er . . . . nope, doubt that either of those will happen. Too much potential for strops. For all she is claiming to save for insurance and her own car, and is working a lot at the moment, she has saved little enough so far. I know that when she meets her mates onve a week for lunch, that she - as the only one with a decent wage - is most likely paying for said lunch - and pizza or burgers for up to 7 people isn't cheap. She spent well over £100 this week alone, going to see a gig in Liverpool (Dan and Phil - youtubers she follows). She has a birch box delivered every month and there are regular parcels arriving from amazon. And I know that the stuff she asks me to pick up for her, for packed lunches, usually ends up in the bin as she tends to give in to temptation and join her workmates in trips to pizza places, and the like, for her meals instead. And it all adds up, and the 'savings' are not growing as she had planned. When I suggest that she needs to perhaps be more careful (usually that happens when she is asking to borrow £10 till payday!) I am told that it's her money and she can spend it how she likes.

She is also not returning to education until September next year. I am really not happy about this, and am fairly sure that an additional year earning what she is earning now will mean that she won't return at all. There have been 'discussions', which generally consist of her reminding us that she is 'old enough' and assuring us that she will go back (next year), and then getting stroppy when we tell her that OK, its her decision, but if she is chosing to work, then she will also have to take more financial and personal responsibility - us saying that falls under the heading of 'unfair', it seems. When I said that she would have to make more of an effort to keep on top of her own washing (mainly because I am sick of her just dumping stuff and leaving the the basket filled to the brim with uniform, towels and swim gear and having to ask her repeatedly to deal with it - which leads to me being accused of 'nagging') she actually reminded me that she 'works a lot of hours and doesn't have time to "do it all'' - me pointing out that both her Dad and I work a lot of hours too didn't go down well. Trying to get through to her that if she is old enough to work, she is old enough to pay her way gets us instant eye rolls and strops over us 'going on' at her. She has even fallen out with her adored big sister over not going back to education (Big sis is a teacher), which I never thought would happen. I can see some stormy times ahead - even without the additional stress of flipping driving lessons!

On the Mil front, had a phone call yesterday telling me she had been found on the floor in her room - possibly, she has 'thrown' herself out of her chair. She isn't injured (this time) but it's another issue for the CH to deal with, on top of everything else - which is worrying, obviously.

I had thought I was heading to Manchester today, but the dates had been changed, and somehow, though I had read the email it didn't register till I was checking some details this morning and saw a new email with the new dates (at first I thought they had changed it last minute, which had me steaming, lol). So, admin today, hopefully a chance to catch up!

Hope you all are OK, much love to you all xxxx

jugglingmum

On the dau front we seem to be having less strops in total. She really made me cross the other day and had a big talking to from her dad about it, and some of that went in.

I'd got some birthday cake left from my party and I wanted to save it for when my mum came round. She asked if she could have some and I said no that I was saving it for grandma to come round, she then said that she hadn't had any and we'd all had more than her (probably true as she buys cakes at lunchtime at school and then doesn't eat a cake at home), and I repeated that there wasn't much left and I wanted to save it for grandma's visit. She then looked at cake and said there was enough to have 6 pieces so could she have one as that would leave 5 for grandma's visit. I said I didn't think there was but if there was she could have one. Later I discovered that instead of cutting a piece of the side she had cut the remaining piece into 6 so the pattern wasn't really visible. Her version is that I said she could do it, my version is to avoid a melt down I gave in.

I think I was unreasonably upset as I really wanted my mum to my party but knew it wasn't an option, and then had planned to have her round on my actual birthday but as dau had demanded we discuss an issue from school etc the evening before, OH had to spend 2 hours fixing tandem inthe morning instead of the evening before so everything ran late and there wasn't time. I also knew this is the last 'big' birthday mum would be aware of, and probably alive for, although as I posted before she wasn't reallyaware it was a big birthday.

So I was cross about this for a few days, and mentioned her not listening to me a few times to which I got I'd said she could have some. OH also told me off for going on about something, anyway I finally managed to get through to him that she just ignored what I'd said and kept pushing until I gave in, and he went up and gave her a talking to.

The next day, she'd had lunch outside, and plate was still on table, on edge as ever, and she is clumsy and breaks things, but always leaves things at edge, so I asked her to move it, and she gave a trite answer that she was using it put some rubbish on from what she was now doing, I replied that that was answering back and not acceptable, to which I got a grumble and she moved the plate. Son was upset about us having words, to which daughter replied it was her fault because she'd answered me back - a min breakthrough and she has in total been better since, although we did have a major strop about driving on Thursday.

Ann - it is so hard to do, but borrowing £10 when she is earning so much money is just not acceptable, and the attitude that she's working a lot of hours so can't do things isn't fair either. In this house it would lead to a major row as OH would absolutely blow at her, even if I managed to keep my temper just to avoid the strop. Maybe increasing what she pays for her keep to a much higher level from Sept with warning now might get something into her head about education, and as so many stay on for A levels or further study now she will probably have to do it at some stage. I have seen children of friends just not carry on with education, in three cases over the years dropping out of uni, in one of those cases twice and now in late 20s or older they are all doing perfectly fine, and happy with their lives, although not in graduate level jobs they were perfectly capable of. Some people just aren't ready for that route in life, but it doesn't mean you prop her up financially.

Dau had mocks/end of year exams last week, and stress level were thankfully much lower than they have been for exams for a few years. The results of these exams are used for the predicted grades put on UCAS form so she worked reasonably hard for them, results will start trickling in today, anything below an A and she will be very disappointed, which could lead to a strop and she will only be happy if she gets an A*. She is determined to get 4 A*s at A level she said last night so I think she will study all sumnmer hols to achive this. She might yet add a 5th A level in(she was self studying for it last night), but only if she thinks she can get A/A* and it won't distract from the others. Decision to be made by start of Sept.

School are talking to them a lot about UCAS forms but I think dau has near enough decided what she wants to do and where she wants to go, we will do a couple of open day visits, but she is very much ahead of the curve and organised at the moment, which does help with her stress.

It might be that all the exam stress was caused by the fatigue from low iron levels, and not being able to be on top of everything as much as she wanted but some of it is classic high acheiver over pushing herself behaviour.

On the invisible brother front, I got a message via his ex partner's sister that he has now moved out of the family home, about 3 weeks beforehand. I feel really sad for him that he has thrown a lot of his life away but just can't see what I can do about it without being dragged down by him. As far as I know he isn't working and could come and see mum, and I suspect he will be devasted when she dies. We don't think all the issues in the relationship were caused by him, but you just don't know if both being miserable dragged both of them down. I hope for his sake he keeps in contact with his kids, but as my OH said, the way he is sometimes his kids might be better off without him. I haven't yet responded properly to message I got to say he had moved out and I don't know what to say, or do, and whether to contact his ex to try and keep in touch with her, contact him, but neither of them know that I know he has moved out. Oh what a mess we weave comes to mind.

Slugsta

Afternoon all,

Ann, I think the idea of checking with the staff before you actually go in and see MIL is a good one. The staff will still know that you are around and keeping an eye on things too!

Ann and Jm, I am so sorry that you are both still dealing with the melt-downs. This really is one thing where 'the only way out is through' - and I remember how little help that comment was when our son was behaving like that! :(

We didn't have too much of an issue with driving practice (although son chose not to have lessons until he was a bit older anyway). Dad's vehicle was a private hire vehicle and son could not be insured on that; I was driving a 2l automatic and simply refused to let son drive it until he had a lot more experience. It wouldn't have helped him much anyway as gear changes are such a big part of driving a manual car.

Work and keep was a difficult subject. We took the attitude that he could go to Uni and put some effort in, or he could leave education and pay us keep. There was nothing in between. He got a job and, after a bit of fuss, paid what we asked. That money was put away and given back to him as an allowance when we went to Uni - but only because we could afford to do that, it we had needed the money to make ends meet we would not have hesitated to use it.

Son simply wasn't ready for Uni at the age of 18. He left 6th form college (where he had messed around and wasted time) and worked at the big 'Barclay's International' in town. He did quite well there but it made him aware that he did not want to do that for the rest of his life. When he eventually went to Uni he was 22 and ready for it. He threw himself into the work, got a 1st, and is doing well in his chosen field - something I never thought possible when he was throwing teenage tantrums!

Spamar, well done on the weight loss, I know it is hard when you cannot be as active as you would like.

We have just got back from our trip to London. We visited Hughendon house on the way up (D'Israeli lived there for many years), saw 'Pointless' filmed yesterday and had dinner with our son yesterday evening. Neither of us slept very well while we were away, so we are glad to be home today.

The weather was pretty good on Sunday and yesterday, is very nice today (when we have spent hours in the car) but is set to change again tomorrow :(

(((hugs))) to all.

2jays

Oh Juggles. I’m sorry to read about your brother. There really is nothing you can do sadly. I guess an acknowledgement of the text is all you can do. It’s so difficult to know what to do isn’t it. I’ve not had contact with my sibling since February and that was just a thank you for the birthday card I sent her. Before that it was just after mum died. She hasn’t acknowledge the invite to sons wedding which has upset him as he thought they were close, despite her and my “relationship”

Well done Spamar, (have to think when I write your “name” as I always want to call you spamma :))

Ann kids and education - or not - we had that with son. A difficult time, on top of the other major niggles the little dharlinks create does not make for relaxing times. I can only send you hugs, and the banal “this will pass, and the tomorrows may surprise you in a good way” I do hope so
Oh so easy typed and hard to do xxxx

Slugs - what a busy day :)
Can you confirm that they film more than one episode of pointless in the day? I’m guessing it’s a long day watching the filming, but getting behind the scenes gossip would be my interest :D

Love to all. Sorry I’ve missed some. I will try to rectify that once I’ve sorted 1J. He’s got low sodium levels at the moment so can be a bit of a ...... [quick... think of a nice polite word ah yes] toad. Yes he is being a toad at the moment :rolleyes: :D

Slugsta

Afternoon all,

2Js, I am sorry that you a toad has taken up residence in your home (((hugs)))

We saw a 'celebrity' episode of Pointless. They do film more than 1 in a day, but we had tickets for just one (could have gone out and joined the queue and would probably have got in again but were glad to get out into the fresh air). I think it was just the 2 being filmed on Monday (don't know who the other celebs were going to be)When the non-celeb ones are filmed, the audience get to watch 2 and there is only a very short break between them.

There really isn't any chance for backstage gossip etc. The warm-up man kept us entertained at the start and between rounds, the presenters and celebs waved as they came on and off the stage. Lesley Garret was sweet and did say 'Thank you for coming' to us, that was about it!

Today is quite a bit cooler but, thus far, still bright and dry. Let's see how long that lasts!

Ann Mac

Morning all,

JM, I totally get why you were upset about the cake - I would have been too, for all the reasons you give, so I don't think you were 'unreasonably' upset. I just hope that the 'talking to' from your OH continues to have an effect.

About your brother - sad as it is, I think sometimes we have to make the decision to cut ties (or at least, keep them extremely loose) and step back from even close family relationships. I don't have contact with my brother at all - he has mental health issues which I can't help with - though God Knows, I spent years trying. I have one sister who is quite simply a horrible person, and no one in the family has any contact with her. And another sister who only gets in touch when she wants something - so no fall out, but don't see much of her. Its taken me years to get to the stage where I can accept this, but 2jays is right - its so difficult, but other than acknowledging the text, I don't see what you can do. You certainly dont have the time (or I would imagine the energy) to let yourself get dragged into a situation which you can do nothing about xxxx

We had the 'over-acheiving' issue with oldest - both OH and I used to worry about the outcome and her misery if she were to fail to get the grades she wanted. I don't think she was quite as bad as your dau, but I have some idea of the problems that high self-expectations can bring, and its horrible to cope with.

2jays - so sorry you have a 'toad' to contend with. What is it with chaps when they are poorly? My Gran used to say 'men - can't live with 'em, but it's illegal to shoot the bu66ers' - she had a point!

Slugsta, sounds like you had a lovely time in London, though I am not sure that I would have enjoyed seeing Pointless filmed, lol - Mil used to watch so many of that type of quiz show, that it pretty much put me off them all, tbh. Its the same with some other programmes, even now, they don't interest me - and even the likes of Mrs Browns boys (which I used to love) have me reaching for the remote control to turn over these days - I just had a complete bellyfull of it, after we went through a long period where it was our 'go to', to try and keep Mil entertained and agitation free!

Today is youngests 17th. She is still in bed. I was going to book today off, but she a week or so back announced that she is going into work - and is gleefully predicting that she is in for being 'chucked in the pool' amongst other things, clearly looking forward to it - and from there, she is going out for a meal with several of her mates, so won't be home till late tonight!. Her brother is home for the weekend (Complete with lovely GF, Patch the granddog and Bert the grandtortoise) so we will celebrate then, I guess. Feels very odd not to be going out for a family meal at least, but I guess that's what happens when they start to grow up! Being as she has made those arrangements, I'm slotting in a couple of projects late this afternoon and evening, meaning I can at least see her this morning. Hoping to avoid any meltdowns during the brief time I will see her for today - wish me luck!

I am hoping (against hope, I think) that she will head to uni for a foundation year, next year. I dreaded number 1 going, but discovered it to be not just good educationally wise, but such a valuable experience for her (and then for son too) in terms of it giving them some great experiences and the space to 'grow up' in a pretty safe setting. But, I can't force her - and to try would only make her dig her heels in, I think. She gleefully showed me her payslip for this month - she earned a few hundred more than me! Its a ridiculous wage for a 16/17 year old (though to be fair, she puts in a lot of aditonal hours outside of her contracted time of 12 hours, which means that for the bulk of the time, she is on an enhanced rate of pay) and I don't think having so much disposable cash, when she doesn't have fixed and firm obligations that will teach her budget is doing her any favours. She was paid on Tuesday, worked most of the day, but yesterday hit town with her friends before going into work, and came back last night ladened with shopping bags. I have no idea what she spent. She also came back without the money she had 'borrowed' from me last week (and it was £50 on that occasion) :mad: And when I reminded her, she said she would get it for me today - whilst also reminding me that today is her birthday, as though that somehow made it unfair! I will be doing what Jm (and I ) often do, if I have to remind her again this morning - saying as little as possible to keep the peace! Going to visit Mil later when dau has headed to work.

Have been watching the first of the starling fledglings being fed this morning, at my bird table - greedy, noisy bunch, but so funny to watch. we have 3 jackdaws that have been getting bolder over the last few months and one decided to land on the table whilst the starrling parents were busy feeding - for a few seconds it sounded like WWIII had broken out, before the starlings gave in and fled!

Right - birthday girl is up, so I'd better get cracking. Spamar, Amy, Carolyn, Amethyst and everyone else - hope you are all OK, love to all xxxxx

Slugsta

Morning all,

I am wishing Miss Mac a Very Happy Birthday and hoping that she is in a sweet and sunny mood throughout!

I remember how horrible it was having to constantly walk on eggshells, home felt like a battleground rather than a safe haven :( I agree that having so much disposable income is not helping teach Miss Mac about budgeting or financial responsibility - but it is what it is, for now.

Jm, I forgot to comment about the cake - but I completely understand why you were upset and agree that it was not 'unreasonable'.

I am an only child, OH is one of seven. It would be fair to say that they are not The Waltons!

Our rain arrived yesterday and the temperature fell further. It is quite cool in the flat (because much of it is below ground level) and I am still needing socks and a woolie inside. Here's hoping the boots don't have to make another come-back!

(((hugs))) to all.

jugglingmum

She also came back without the money she had 'borrowed' from me last week (and it was £50 on that occasion) :mad:

This would have me bouncing, and the comment you shouldn't remind her the day before her birthday, so annoying.

No melt downs here, another sly comment about not letting her go on a school trip she wanted to go on, it was to Nicaragua, now changed to Tanzania, and for lots of reasons we wouldn't even consider it.

As it's Thursday, I've played my normal game of hunt the dirty washing, put a load on when I went to bed last night, barely a full load, when I got up this morning there was more than a load, so at least no hunting, and I've found another load, sheet changes will be next load.

Dau has got desired results in mocks so far, made a comment of didn't work as hard as she will for real things. :rolleyes: at least these exams were stress free. She has done quite a bit of housework over last few days as well, partly as she still isn't doing that much training. We're just not sure if she is going to go back to it or not.