Mil Very Near End Of Life ??

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Thankyou Noorza

This is so hard and we`re so tired now

x x x

Are you going to make those calls to a hospice today, please try to do it early, hopefully you may get help for tonight so you may get some sleep.

Carara

May 19, 2013
West Mids,Uk
Hubby has rang GP so waiting for him to let me know what they`ve said

They`ll call this afternoon and give her something I know they will :mad:

If I havent had a GP in this house by 2.30pm I will ring them myself and also tell them I am going to ring around for hospice care staff who will help us

Thing is her Gp`s are funny as they only like talking to my hubby as he`s next of kin :confused:

I rang them a while back and they rang my hubby to make sure I was telling the truth :eek:

I do believe he catheter is irritating her,I asked her does she want it taking out and she nodded

IT WILL COME OUT TODAY :mad:
Seriously whats the use of it now anyway ???? nothing`s going in the bag :confused:

x x x

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Thinking of you all and sending supportive hugs. Hope you get some help from the Hospice to ease things for your Mum and you and hubby.

Take care

Celia
xx

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Carara - you can contact the Hospice directly - you don't have to go through the GP just to talk to them. xx

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Those catheters can be flipping painful if they use a tube too big or it is not fitted 100 percent correctly, this I know from personal experience sadly. If it is doing nothing, like you say it's pointless.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Get hubby to request a prescription for an anticipatory pack and syringe driver from the GP
http://www.palliativecareguidelines.scot.nhs.uk/documents/AnticipatoryPrescribingLastDays.pdf
It will contain the standard medications, plus any the GP thinks might be needed because of any special circumstances.
The packs are intended to make things as pleasant as possible for your MIL and your hubby and yourself, they can be regarded as 'just in case' medication, I had one a month before it was needed.
Thinking of the three of you.

Carara

May 19, 2013
West Mids,Uk
Ok hubby rang me

He` told GP whats going on and they are coming this afternoon to give her something either orally or injecting,they couldnt say which until they`ve seen her but said this is very normal

But have told him they are sending the district nurse asap to remove the catheter :D

Now I wonder why at 6 am this morning when I mentioned to hubby could he contact her Gp this morning he replied "why what for ":confused::confused::confused::confused:"Cos the fish needs some water you plonker" :D

x x x

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Man logic Carara, what else can I say?

Doctors don't just get people better they make the end of life more comfortable too but we know this just show this to hubby.

Carara

May 19, 2013
West Mids,Uk
Do you know what Noorza ??

Hubby actually said yesterday " I don`t know what I`d do without you "
(As I had just cleaned his mom up for the 27,00000 time)
I replied "I don`t either ":D

He certainly wouldn`t have managed his mother on his own thats a fact

Oh perish the thought of him becoming her victim like I was :D:D:D

and he would have been because he would have been her carer/servant/maid/punch bag or what ever you call it, it`s all the same

x x x

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
I don't respond often but I come on to see how you are. You are n my thoughts off and on during the whole day.

I hope today there is some resolution, or at least real help for you and your husband. .

Jeannette

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Hi Carara, yes ring the hospice, I did that with Mum. They will ring the GP if they want confirmation. I think you need some help. I do think the vocalisations are probably not something she is aware of. Some morphine would surely ease her suffering though and make her unaware of the catheter.
Poor you. You've had so much to put up with. Thinking of you all x

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
In a very sad kind of a way this is one of the most compassionate threads I've seen anywhere for a long long time. Posters coming back day after day to see how you are doing and I can feel their genuine concern from the posts. Some very good people on this site.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Do you know what Noorza ??

Hubby actually said yesterday " I don`t know what I`d do without you "
(As I had just cleaned his mom up for the 27,00000 time)
I replied "I don`t either ":D

He certainly wouldn`t have managed his mother on his own thats a fact

Oh perish the thought of him becoming her victim like I was :D:D:D

and he would have been because he would have been her carer/servant/maid/punch bag or what ever you call it, it`s all the same

x x x

I don't know how you've done it either Carara.

Take care

Love from Lyn T

jasmineflower

Aug 27, 2012
Hi Carara
I have followed all your posts especially when the aggression towards you was at its worst. To be witness to such compassion to your MIL is overwhelming. It never ceases to amaze me how much love and caring is on this forum, in all it's forms.
Wishing you, your OH and MIL a peaceful night.
J xx

Carara

May 19, 2013
West Mids,Uk
Thankyou so much everyone,

Noorza,
I couldnt do this without Tp,the members on here have been so helpful infact more help than family:)so TP are now my family :):):)

Well what a day :confused:

Heres the update

Doctor came and was lovely,said she hopes if she makes 91 she has a daughter in law like me:eek: I told her if she had dementia I wouldnt look after her :D:D

Anyway

Mil is now very settled
She has syringe driver fitted with morphene and something else to calm her down (its looking like its worked )
Catheter gone :eek: yes I told them take the darn thing out,its annoying her so they did :)
The district nurses will now call in twice daily and the carers once like before

Doctor asked did I want more care help.My reply was No Thankyou, by the time they get here I could have her changed.....
Plus How do they know what time she needs changing,Im here all the time so I will know :D makes sense to me ..

x x x x

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enticottdebbie