struggling to get my husband help

My Mum's Daughter

Feb 8, 2020
he already failed with a nurse at the house asking him question he doesn't remember that and thinks he's OK.. she referred him to memory clinic and when they rang he was the one to answer phone so refused the appointment now he's on 3 months waiting list again . I need to be able to get him diagnosed with out him knowing that what he's being seen for
And yet you're perfectly happy for him to have guns in the house???? Please contact the police in the morning and request that his licence is revoked and that these weapons are confiscated. There's no warning that a PWD turns violent, it's not their fault but it just happens and believe me, I've witnessed this.

My Mum's Daughter

Feb 8, 2020
C&P from another thread

he already failed with a nurse at the house asking him question he doesn't remember that and thinks he's OK.. she referred him to memory clinic and when they rang he was the one to answer phone so refused the appointment now he's on 3 months waiting list again . I need to be able to get him diagnosed with out him knowing that what he's being seen for
And yet you're perfectly happy for him to have guns in the house???? Please contact the police in the morning and request that his licence is revoked and that these weapons are confiscated. There's no warning that a PWD turns violent, it's not their fault but it just happens and believe me, I've witnessed this.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello Angela and welcome to the forum. This is a very complicated situation as guns and dementia do not mix. You need to contact the police urgently and ask them to remove the guns. I would also suggest that you contact the Alzheimer's Society's help desk as a matter of urgency. They are very experienced in dealing with all sorts of issues. I have attached details below.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello @Angela ford

Now that its morning you will probably be getting more replies as people wake up and I do hope that you come back to read them.

Looking at the time that you posted, though, I am wondering whether you are not actually in UK? We have members from several different countries and although this site is UK based it is not a problem if you are in a different country. However, it would be very useful if you could clarify which country you are in as what help is available and how you access it is different in different countries.