Please don't throw me away, breaking my promise

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
Kindred/Geraldine - your posts are such a joy to read, thank you so much x

Today J asked me several times what my name is - then he said, "My wife's name is the same as yours but she never comes to see me, hasn't been here for a long time"

Hope tomorrow is a better day.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Kindred/Geraldine - your posts are such a joy to read, thank you so much x

Today J asked me several times what my name is - then he said, "My wife's name is the same as yours but she never comes to see me, hasn't been here for a long time"

Hope tomorrow is a better day.
Oh my darling girl, I know and thank you so much for your loving encouragement, means the world. I know, how many times can our hearts be broken? with love and thankyou. Geraldiexx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Back again folks. And NO the lift isn't mended. They came this morning WITH PARTS, tried them but somehow the parts got churned up and it's back to square one ...
Meanwhile, a kind of alternative society is forming on each floor with the residents. It's not all bad BUT it is incredibly hard on the nurses keep on flogging up and down.
Keith met me by pointing at me and saying determinedly, IT'S A WIG!! Now, guys, I was pleased he used a noun but can assure you I have never even tried a wig on in my life. Once, when I was teaching boys, I felt a tug at the back of my hair and whirled round and they had put one little lad up to seeing if I wore a wig.
WHY??? I demanded and they explained earnestly because my hair was always the same.
I didn't bother to explain that hair styles were not something that much concerned me.
But why Keith should think I am wearing a wig now escapes me ...
Answers on a postcard!
Love and best, and thank you, Geraldinexxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Well, no. The lift got mended and broke again so is not reliable ... saga continues!
Went up to Keith who said as I entered the room, My problem is the arty farty roos. Question? why does Keith always come up with something astonishingly bizarre the moment he sees me.
So anyway, I made up a song about the arty farty roos, to a tune from the military marches. And then, in the silence that followed he said, I can't find my way ...
This from a man who was Mr mapread, astonishing navigator who once navigated us in a car across London using the direction of the sun ... Oh well, I know this is different, it's probably a metaphysical way. I reassured him I would always be here to guide him and thank God this is a promise I feel I can keep.
He was wearing a royal blue t shirt which made his lovely blue eyes even bluer.
Meanwhile, helped the carers in their treks up and down stairs by staying with the downstairs residents to free up the carers. My hip won't allow for too many trips upstairs.
One of the downstairs residents whispered across at me, All this is the fault of Mrs Thatcher.
Thoroughly agreed, thoroughly ...
Love, best and thanks guys. Talk to me sometimes? Kindred, aka Geraldinexxx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Well, no. The lift got mended and broke again so is not reliable ... saga continues!
Went up to Keith who said as I entered the room, My problem is the arty farty roos. Question? why does Keith always come up with something astonishingly bizarre the moment he sees me.
So anyway, I made up a song about the arty farty roos, to a tune from the military marches. And then, in the silence that followed he said, I can't find my way ...
This from a man who was Mr mapread, astonishing navigator who once navigated us in a car across London using the direction of the sun ... Oh well, I know this is different, it's probably a metaphysical way. I reassured him I would always be here to guide him and thank God this is a promise I feel I can keep.
He was wearing a royal blue t shirt which made his lovely blue eyes even bluer.
Meanwhile, helped the carers in their treks up and down stairs by staying with the downstairs residents to free up the carers. My hip won't allow for too many trips upstairs.
One of the downstairs residents whispered across at me, All this is the fault of Mrs Thatcher.
Thoroughly agreed, thoroughly ...
Love, best and thanks guys. Talk to me sometimes? Kindred, aka Geraldinexxx
Hey Geraldine. Time that flaming lift was sorted and as lovely and helpful as you are, you shouldn't be traipsing up and down stairs with that hip - seriously! You are certainly keeping your promise to your darling Blue Eyed Boy. Such wonderful devotion. All my Love Jan xxxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Hey Geraldine. Time that flaming lift was sorted and as lovely and helpful as you are, you shouldn't be traipsing up and down stairs with that hip - seriously! You are certainly keeping your promise to your darling Blue Eyed Boy. Such wonderful devotion. All my Love Jan xxxxx
Thank you sweetheart, thank you so much and great to hear from you. I know, it will be sorted very soon, I am confident. Thank you for your lovely words, great encouragement. all love, Geraldinexxxx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Lifts are notorious for being difficult to repair, so good luck and watch that hip. Xxx

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Hi @kindred - thought I would pop in again and drop you a line. Sorry about the lift. I'd be useless if the lift at Mum's CH went, as they keep changing the flipping staircase codes.
I have to remember my 2 bank account PINs, the PIN on Mum's account, my computer password, and the password on my mobile phone - they are the important ones. The rest are remembered on my computer.
However .......... at the CH there is a one code to get in, a different one to get out, one for the lift and another for the stairs ........ and they keep changing them!!??!!:mad:

I am happy to report that cat ( poor old thing now seems to have an electronic tic and a tremor - it's quite creepy) and Cheeky penguin were both present and correct today. Thankfully, Mum hasn't worked out that the penguin has a hidey hole in its tum, so no food or other unsavoury items stashed in there as yet (fingers X'd) and she now thinks the female cat is a male dog ... ??
Major drama as a very rude and uncontrollable new resident kept the whole floor up last night. A Mum-attempt to lock her door to keep said woman out managed to jam the lock so they couldn't get in to Mum this morning! :eek:. She hadn't eaten all day (nothing new) but demolished a bowl of cheesy Whotsits while we sat with the others in the lounge, and was delighted when I told her they were wiggly worms. She looked very pretty today, and they had put together a lovely outfit for her, matching her trousers, blouse and cardi. The carer said they like playing 'dress ups' with Mum as the clothes I get her are pretty rather than boring and functional and she has beads to match. Bless!

Arty Farty Roos sounds wonderful - I can just imagine a kids cartoon about flatulent, marsupials with artistic tendencies!

As for Keith's comment afterwards, sometimes the simplest phrase just gets you right where it hurts, doesn't it?

Regarding Mrs T - well dementia got her too in the end, poor thing - and I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

On that note Geraldine my love, I will love and leave you. Take care and mind that hip!

XX

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Hi @kindred - thought I would pop in again and drop you a line. Sorry about the lift. I'd be useless if the lift at Mum's CH went, as they keep changing the flipping staircase codes.
I have to remember my 2 bank account PINs, the PIN on Mum's account, my computer password, and the password on my mobile phone - they are the important ones. The rest are remembered on my computer.
However .......... at the CH there is a one code to get in, a different one to get out, one for the lift and another for the stairs ........ and they keep changing them!!??!!:mad:

I am happy to report that cat ( poor old thing now seems to have an electronic tic and a tremor - it's quite creepy) and Cheeky penguin were both present and correct today. Thankfully, Mum hasn't worked out that the penguin has a hidey hole in its tum, so no food or other unsavoury items stashed in there as yet (fingers X'd) and she now thinks the female cat is a male dog ... ??
Major drama as a very rude and uncontrollable new resident kept the whole floor up last night. A Mum-attempt to lock her door to keep said woman out managed to jam the lock so they couldn't get in to Mum this morning! :eek:. She hadn't eaten all day (nothing new) but demolished a bowl of cheesy Whotsits while we sat with the others in the lounge, and was delighted when I told her they were wiggly worms. She looked very pretty today, and they had put together a lovely outfit for her, matching her trousers, blouse and cardi. The carer said they like playing 'dress ups' with Mum as the clothes I get her are pretty rather than boring and functional and she has beads to match. Bless!

Arty Farty Roos sounds wonderful - I can just imagine a kids cartoon about flatulent, marsupials with artistic tendencies!

As for Keith's comment afterwards, sometimes the simplest phrase just gets you right where it hurts, doesn't it?

Regarding Mrs T - well dementia got her too in the end, poor thing - and I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

On that note Geraldine my love, I will love and leave you. Take care and mind that hip!

XX
Oh I know about all the codes and stuff. I am so glad cat and penguin were present today sweetheart. And oh my goodness about staff not being able to get to mum on account of the drama. That is so wonderful about mum and theclothes! More anon. I guess it couldbe that exercise is good for bad hip? will see after work when I go toK. Geraldinexxxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
So in I go and lift in the process of being sorted, as it were. Working towards it. Anyway, people are being taken out for times in the park and there is a kind of alternative society developing BUT the strain on the nurses etc up and down is bad.
Keith mostly asleep today but he woke up, or rather opened one eye and said, I have a joke. So I listened, and er, I listened, and ... But he didn't wake up again! This is what happens in the afternoons, but I can go in early tomorrow so that will be better.
Spent time with some of the others having good chat about the old western on the telly. Raised a laugh or two which was nice.
More tomorrow when perhaps Keith will be able to tell me what the joke was ...
Love and thank you!! Geraldinexxxx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
So in I go and lift in the process of being sorted, as it were. Working towards it. Anyway, people are being taken out for times in the park and there is a kind of alternative society developing BUT the strain on the nurses etc up and down is bad.
Keith mostly asleep today but he woke up, or rather opened one eye and said, I have a joke. So I listened, and er, I listened, and ... But he didn't wake up again! This is what happens in the afternoons, but I can go in early tomorrow so that will be better.
Spent time with some of the others having good chat about the old western on the telly. Raised a laugh or two which was nice.
More tomorrow when perhaps Keith will be able to tell me what the joke was ...
Love and thank you!! Geraldinexxxx
Xxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
THE LIFT IS MENDED. I wanted to jump in and ride up and down in it all day!! Started singing the allelujah chorus! And my goodness the atmosphere in the residents area! The smiles, the happiness that the family are altogether again, it was so full of energy.
Today is anniversary of day Keith and I met, on October 4th 1965. I described this to Keith in detail and he seemed happy, smiling, saying well, why not? I know he is happy because he does his rhyming caper, sentences like: ooo cunning, stunning and drumming!
plus doing wide eyed flirting with the nurses. Oh boy, can he flirt!
I talked about how we bought tickets for freshers ball but didn't go in, we stayed outside in the courtyard, danced out there then went back to his room in Hall for a game of something similar to scrabble ... (Those were the days my friend!!).
That was lovely. Keith even said, I so like to see you ...

And there is a more serious side to today. I spent time with one of the residents who once held a senior administrative position. I had placed my hand on her arm, as she likes when we talk. And she told me how it felt to be so fuzzy. She said that she felt that my hand was warm, hot even, but she herself is losing her heat, in her body, in her head. She said that everything about her is cooling down.
And that she has so many thoughts in her head, they go round and round and when they get where they ought to be, there's nothing there. And she wants a windmill of her own and she will make it beautiful and no one will be allowed in except by invitation, it will belong to her and no one will tell her what to do.
Thanks guys, so appreciate you being here with me. with love, Geraldine aka kindred.xxxxx
Blue eyed boy,
I remember.
I remember
it all.

Manc70

May 30, 2018
S. Yorkshire
THE LIFT IS MENDED. I wanted to jump in and ride up and down in it all day!! Started singing the allelujah chorus! And my goodness the atmosphere in the residents area! The smiles, the happiness that the family are altogether again, it was so full of energy.
Today is anniversary of day Keith and I met, on October 4th 1965. I described this to Keith in detail and he seemed happy, smiling, saying well, why not? I know he is happy because he does his rhyming caper, sentences like: ooo cunning, stunning and drumming!
I talked about how we bought tickets for freshers ball but didn't go in, we stayed outside in the courtyard, danced out there then went back to his room in Hall for a game of something similar to scrabble ... (Those were the days my friend!!).

And there is a more serious side to today. I spent time with one of the residents who once held a senior administrative position. I had placed my hand on her arm, as she likes when we talk. And she told me how it felt to be so fuzzy. She said that she felt that my hand was warm, hot even, but she herself is losing her heat, in her body, in her head. She said that everything about her is cooling down.
And that she has so many thoughts in her head, they go round and round and when they get where they ought to be, there's nothing there. And she wants a windmill of her own and she will make it beautiful and no one will be allowed in except by invitation, it will belong to her and no one will tell her what to do.
Thanks guys, so appreciate you being here with me. with love, Geraldine aka kindred.xxxxx
Blue eyed boy,
I remember.
I remember
it all.
Hi kindred, another wonderful post - I’ve said it before, you do lift me. I want to shout Allelujah for you regarding the lift, long may it stay in good repair. So insightful of the lady resident to describe what it’s like to be ‘fuzzy’. My OH will say his head is fuzzy or woozy. Happy 53 years anniversary of meeting your lovely Keith by the way. Sending love and best wishes your way, take good care xx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Hi kindred, another wonderful post - I’ve said it before, you do lift me. I want to shout Allelujah for you regarding the lift, long may it stay in good repair. So insightful of the lady resident to describe what it’s like to be ‘fuzzy’. My OH will say his head is fuzzy or woozy. Happy 53 years anniversary of meeting your lovely Keith by the way. Sending love and best wishes your way, take good care xx
Thank you so very much. That is so interesting that your Oh uses the word fuzzy to describe what it feels like in his head. So good to hear from you, much appreciated. with love, Kindedxx

AliceA

May 27, 2016

Blue eyed boy,
I remember.
I remember
it all.
Yes, life was deeper and slower to establish relationships then.
I love the image of the windmill. I hope someone could paint one with her. A sturdy door and a platform to dance while the sails waltz with the wind. Freedom.
I found your friend's description like a poem. There is little known about this inner journey until it is too late.
The babble is realistic to the person too, it means something even when we on the outside do not know the connections. You really are doing a superb job with all you meet. Much love A

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
I love the image of the windmill. I hope someone could paint one with her. A sturdy door and a platform to dance while the sails waltz with the wind. Freedom.
I found your friend's description like a poem. There is little known about this inner journey until it is too late.
The babble is realistic to the person too, it means something even when we on the outside do not know the connections. You really are doing a superb job with all you meet. Much love A
Thank you so
Thank you so much A. This gives me the courage to carry on, the energy to put myself into it. I love you saying her description is like a poem. Yes, you are right, we know so little about the inner journey until it is too late, and we can see from this why reassurance and listening is so so vital. thank you with all heart, and more anon when I come back from my little church group. Love and best, Geraldinexx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Gosh guys.
Did this really happen? Yes it did.
Keith was not in the lounge when I arrived, so I talked to other residents and was made official guardian of one of their black fluffy toy pusscats to make sure it does not wander, or to find it when it does. Then I saw that Keith was being pushed in, so I rushed over to him and he pointed at me and shouted (everyone looked over) FANTASTIC!!
My goodness, oh wow!
all my love, Kindred aka Geraldine aka astonished. xxx

Starbright

Apr 8, 2018
Gosh guys.
Did this really happen? Yes it did.
Keith was not in the lounge when I arrived, so I talked to other residents and was made official guardian of one of their black fluffy toy pusscats to make sure it does not wander, or to find it when it does. Then I saw that Keith was being pushed in, so I rushed over to him and he pointed at me and shouted (everyone looked over) FANTASTIC!!
My goodness, oh wow!
all my love, Kindred aka Geraldine aka astonished. xxx
how lovely for you@kindred...you must have looked so good to him :).. love your posts (( here’s a hug)) A x