How to find a specific post? Help please.

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
I want to find the websites someone posted for me. I know which thread so when I type in 'yellow roses' to find this post just the thread appears so I'm no closer to finding what
I need. I don't want to go through the whole thread. Help please.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I don't know how to do this properly so I just scrolled through your thread. Is this what you're looking for? (I can't even remember how to quote a single post so I've just copied and pasted it. It's post 216 on your thread.)

I thought of the Graham Thomas Rose, by David Austin which is beautiful, but when I looked on their website, also saw one called Charlotte, this is what it says:
"Exquisite flowers of a soft yellow colour. The blooms start off beautifully cupped, later opening out to form a rosette shape. Each bloom is packed with numerous small petals, arranged around a classic button eye. There is a medium-strong and very pleasant Tea Rose fragrance. A very free flowering variety which repeats well.
Charlotte has excellent green foliage and a compact, bushy habit, with even, upright growth. All in all, one of the most beautiful of the yellow English Roses and also, for those with particularly cold winters, one of the hardiest." Thought as you are up north, this might be a good thing! http://www.davidaustinroses.com/engl...wr=3111&Theme= It looks very beautiful, but it depends what type of roses your Dad and Mum liked of course. This is an old English type. I don't mind what they look like, but I like a good sc
ent, nothing more disappointing than a beautiful rose and no scent!

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi Chris

Looks like Izzy has found the link for you :)

To find a specific post, you click on Advanced Search (top right, just below Search Forums).

Then, click where it says 'Search Single Content Type'. It is automatically set to 'Posts' (but this can be amended to other content if needed).

Then, add in your keywords and any other relevant information. Finally, at the bottom choose 'Show Results as' Posts instead of Threads. That should do it.

Hope this helps :)

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
me again!:eek: I've tried to find specific info in the same thread as before and no success.
Don't understand what im doing wrong. Looking for a phone number of a producer and I get lots of threads coming up. The search terms I used 1. yellow roses 2. yellow roses phone number. Basically someone provided the phone number and they told me i cd ring the grower. i shd have written it down!!!:rolleyes:

maybe i used the wrong terms i dont know:confused: help please

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Chris, I have looked back in your thread about your dad and post 626 (9th October) by Jennie (dazmum) refers to David Austin roses and she gives a link to the website. I hope this is the one you are looking for. I'm not very good at doing searches. You could also try typing David Austin into the search box.
I will look in your other thread in a minute.

Turbo

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Hi Turbo, I started searching through got to page 22 and not found it yet:( so I'll look at post 626. Forgotten exactly what/which grower the number was for (cos i don't like ordering on line is the reason for the number) Thank you very much Turbo!

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
No problem at all, that's what friends are for!

David Austin's contact number is
CUSTOMER SERVICES
To place an order for bare root roses, container roses or gifts, to request a free copy of our Handbook of Roses or to discuss a garden design, please contact our customer services team:
Tel: 01902 376300
Fax: 01902 375177
Email: retail@davidaustinroses.com

Chris, this is Jennie's (dazmum) post 642 on your thread. Have copied and pasted.

Turbo