FAQs

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Well there are 19 robots on the site at present!
Agreed, there were never any on the test site as, unlike this site, it was password protected.
The robots on this site have no access to the Members' Area as they cannot log on.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Agreed, there were never any on the test site as, unlike this site, it was password protected.
The robots on this site have no access to the Members' Area as they cannot log on.
That’s a shame. Perhaps if they had access and had iPads they could sort out the problem!
I do think it looks more likely that it’s something to do with the updates after reading Bunboot’s post. There’s been a big update since the testing so that could perhaps explain the reason there was no problem then.

I’m getting confused betwen the two threads now!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
@Saffie
If you mean the Apple OS update, I was having the same issues before I moved from OS 10 to OS11 on the iPad, so I doubt it’s that, although it dies seem to be getting worse, but that could be as I’m more familiar with the new site & so attempting to navigate quicker.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
@Saffie
If you mean the Apple OS update, I was having the same issues before I moved from OS 10 to OS11 on the iPad, so I doubt it’s that, although it dies seem to be getting worse, but that could be as I’m more familiar with the new site & so attempting to navigate quicker.

Oh right, thank. No joy there then. Well, now that Admin are looking into it let’s hope it will be sorted.
I’m relieved that it’s not just me!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
With reference to that thread, where do you find the specifications?
Mine is an iPad Air 2 64gb. Apart from that I know nothing and I use Safari and Google.

Settings
About
Version
Will give you which OS you are using

Settings
About
Model - copy this into google & you can find the specs for your machine

Hope that helps

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Settings
About
Version
Will give you which OS you are using

Settings
About
Model - copy this into google & you can find the specs for your machine

Hope that helps
Thanks Sam. I have now got it and I think posted it on the other thread - though I confess I’m not sure which is which now!

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171203-191340.png
    Screenshot_20171203-191340.png
    364.8 KB · Views: 767

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Uniquely on conversations my background colour has changed from the normal white to pink.
Does anybody else get this?
2018-01-24_122140.png

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
yes - mine too
I like the change as it highlights that I'm in a private zone rather than the public main forum

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Sometimes I accidently touch reply to member when I don't want to post but cannot see how to cancel...so an empty post reply from me goes onto the thread. Can you help please?

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @love.dad.but..
I just tried this, and it worked:-
after I pressed the 'Reply to member' I then pressed the black oblong undo which is extreme left on the second row of the tool bar attached to the post (next to the 2 curved arrows)
that opened a drop down box - hit 'delete draft' - then I went to the blue 'Forums' button at the top of the page and in that drop down box went to 'Recent threads'
when I returned here the post had not been added to this thread and nothing was in the empty 'Post reply' box at the bottom of the page
hope that makes sense
try it out here?

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Sometimes I accidently touch reply to member when I don't want to post but cannot see how to cancel...so an empty post reply from me goes onto the thread. Can you help please?
You could either touch the Back button or scroll up and click on something else - Home or Forums.

Actually, I have been wondering about a lot of people (and I don't think you) posting an empty reply then posting their actual reply in the post underneath. Has this website got too complicated since the refurb? Some people even manage to quote the same text twice in one reply - I don't even know how that's done! :)

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
hi @love.dad.but..
I just tried this, and it worked:-
after I pressed the 'Reply to member' I then pressed the black oblong undo which is extreme left on the second row of the tool bar attached to the post (next to the 2 curved arrows)
that opened a drop down box - hit 'delete draft' - then I went to the blue 'Forums' button at the top of the page and in that drop down box went to 'Recent threads'
when I returned here the post had not been added to this thread and nothing was in the empty 'Post reply' box at the bottom of the page
hope that makes sense
try it out here?
Or simply click on the black arrow pointing to the left - that's the Undo button emptying the message field. Then don't click Post Reply and nothing will be posted.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Some people even manage to quote the same text twice in one reply - I don't even know how that's done!

The saving of drafts is very persistent, you can even close the browser and come back to find the draft in faint type, this may not be noticed on a phone. Starting again causes an extra quote.
I like it that way as I can always pick up where I left off if I go away to do a more important thing in the middle of a reply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513