BIRTHDAY GREETINGS / How to do it

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Every body , On the last Birthday greeting ( Grannie G ) i put a Post as i normally do :)

However a lot of T P'ers i noticed put "Very Posh Ones Up " Greetings in Pink & even Ballons etc ! ! ! & thought how much nicer it looked than normal black :(

Qustion Please : How do you do it ? am not very techinal on my P C can only do easy stuff ! My P C is Windows 7 & have found a nice Computer Man who helps me but he charges £25 is that reasonable think he stayed for Half - Hour

Best Wishes

Love Grove x x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hi Grove:
Before you start the technical bit about adding images etc. I suggest you just go to Reply, then see the buttons showing 'A' where you can change the colour. Alongside that button is font size and I suggest 5 or 6. Then type in your message and it should come out bold and bright.

Once you have mastered that I am sure others will come along with how to find/save/insert the birthday pics.

Best wishes

Attachments

• sniptoolGrove.JPG
    sniptoolGrove.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 521

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
[ COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5" ]you have to type here[/SIZE ][/COLOR ]

or you will just get this.

I put a spaces in so that it wouldn't work and you could see how it looked and where you needed to type.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Thanks Jan gave your Tip a try last time but it did not work :mad: think i might have to do work some magic on the P C control buttons ;)You should be reading this in Pink ! Oh well just gess have to keep on trying ! ! Love Grove x x it should be but its NOT :eek::confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
to get colour Grove, click down arrow next to A, see a colour u want, click it, type, same with size, the down arrow at the side of the word sizes good luck

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hi
When you have clicked on the colour you want, make sure the A has a line of your colour choice undreneath it , hope this helps
Just keep practicing,

Just try colours at first, then go on to other things

Last edited:

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Just changed it for you!!! :):):):)

Now edit this and try to do the same! Go to the A button above click on the appropriate colour, then move to Size and change it.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Thats great Bastan.
Why not try inserting a pic now ;););)

When you save a pic in your pictures file, make sure it is a normal size ie. 6" x 4" (I usually reduce in Paint by about 24%).

Then click 'manage attachments' when I box appears to browse and find your pic, click upload and its title should appear in the box. Try preview to make sure it works.

Its a bit early in the morning for me to be typing these instructions but I hope it works.

I hope Grove is still trying to do the Birthday Greetings in colour - will check later!

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
It should look like this - make sure you keep the words in square brackets

Attachments

• Changing fonts.png
    Changing fonts.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 470

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Try this way, Saffie, which is very easy:

1. Type

Happy Birthday

2. Select that text so that it's highlighted.

3. While the text is still selected, click on the down arrow beside the A and choose your colour.

4. Don't click off, but leave the words Happy Birthday still highlighted and surrounded by one set of square brackets. Then just click on the down arrow beside Size, choose your size, and your Happy Birthday will be surrounded by two sets of square brackets.

Click off!!

5. Preview Post!