BIRTHDAY GREETINGS / How to do it

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Bastan, are you saving to pic once you've resized it?

Try saving it with a different name, like 'Tea Party small'. Then make sure that's the one you click in Manage attachments.

Bastan

Feb 10, 2011
Manchester
Thanks, I'm trying now, I think it's going to work

Attachments

• Photo-0083.jpg
    Photo-0083.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 399

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Goodness gracious me - it worked!
Took quite anumber of attempts though!
I saved on to my computer's pictures first - is there a way of attaching something direct from a website?

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Well done, Bastan!:):):)

Saffie, no, you have to save everything to your computer first. It's worthwhile if you have an hour or two to spare to build up your own library of pics you might like to use -- making sure they're not copyright of course!

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am not a computer whizz - it took a lot of practice and still I cannot do some quite simple things.

Like Skye I have a folder of birthday greetings etc which I can use when needed. Its time I changed some of them now.

Bastan

Feb 10, 2011
Manchester
I think I may have it! Don't have a clue what the picture is though.

Attachments

• Photo-0092 small.JPG
    Photo-0092 small.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 346

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Thanks everyone for your assistance and encouragement. Thanks to Grove too for starting this off. I will build a portfolio of greetings!

Bastan

Feb 10, 2011
Manchester
I am not a computer whizz - it took a lot of practice and still I cannot do some quite simple things.

Like Skye I have a folder of birthday greetings etc which I can use when needed. Its time I changed some of them now.

It's all relative isn't it, I think you're dead clever, you're a whizz in my eyes.

I wouldn't have a clue how to make a folder of anything but I'm going to investigate.

Thanks again for your detailed instructions and getting me there in the end.

And thanks for every body's input.

love Bastan xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Loved reading this thread! Loved your Mad Hatter's Tea Party photo, Bastan!
Congrats to Bastan and Saffie!

I remember being taught when I joined TP, took me ages but I eventually got there!

One thing I have never learned - HELP!! Where on the internet do you get the images i.e. Happy Birthday etc., also the animated images?????

Loo xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I just google the words 'happy birthday' or whatever I want and when the results come up I click on the word 'images' at the top left of the screen. You then get loads of images but you have to be careful you don't choose one which has a copyright sign on it. I know others used sites which have pics which are not copyright but I can't remember which ones!

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Thanks Bastan. I'll try to find some images then I can try to really show off!!!
My last Birthday greeting didn't even come out in colour though and only small!:eek::eek: