A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beezed

Apr 28, 2009
Southampton
Dear Sylvia,

So sorry to hear that Dhiren is unwell again. However, it would appear that the staff in his care home are very much on the ball.

Hope the ABs do the trick this time.

Much love,

Jeanne. x

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Sylvia, I'm really sorry that Dhiren is under the weather again. I hope those new ABs do the trick very soon. x

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Sylvia sorry to read that Dirhen has another chest infection, When Trev was in respite the heat and dry air combined with imobility had the sam effect on Trev, Roll on the summer when you can get Dirhen some fresh air. sorry the agitation reappeared but so glad it was not directed at you, Hope the sun has shone for you, today has been lovely in Yorkshire, imagined you sat at your lovely new outdoor table having a cuppa. Love Pam

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
imagined you sat at your lovely new outdoor table having a cuppa. Love Pam
You`re joking Pam. It`s been freezing here. The sun finally came out at four o`clock and it was sunset forty minutes later. :eek:

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hoping this is soon cleared, Sylvia, but glad to hear that Dhiren is otherwise ok.

It`s been freezing here. The sun finally came out at four o`clock and it was sunset forty minutes later

I've spent a couple of hours in the garden today tidying things up....:)

At lunch time it really did feel like spring!

Short lived, I fear..we're forecast heavy rain for tomorrow...:rolleyes:

Love xx

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I think we had 3 of the 4 seasons in one day here...We actually got the sun out at about 2:30 after fog, rain,lower temperatures etc, Hope your day was better Love Maureen.x.

thatwoman

Mar 25, 2009
Merseyside
Hi Sylvia,

I hope Dhiren is starting to improve with his new antibiotics. I know how my Dad is with his chest infections, and it's hard to cope with his aggression. Fortunately, the staff have seen it all before, and they know that it's the infection making him so difficult. Sometimes I feel so mortified at the way he shouts at them, but when he's better he is usually quite polite, so I suppose they understand.

I think you're right about the immobility making it hard to clear his chest. Dad is having far more trouble with his chest since he stopped walking again. We had a few glorious months last summer when he started to walk again, and there were no problems with his chest. Since he had the series of strokes in the autumn, he never seems to be quite clear. My GP has put Dad on the list for a monthly visit since December, to keep an eye on what's happening. He used to do that with MIL too, and said it was easier to know what was happening if he always did the visit himself. I'm very lucky with having such a good GP. I know you've met Dhiren's doctor and hope you are still happy with him. It makes such a difference if you have confidence in the people who are looking after our loved ones. The staff at Dhiren's home are obviously on the ball.

Look after yourself. I look forward to hearing how you both are very soon,

Love, Sue xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks eveyone.

Paul went this morning and said his dad was fine.
When I told Paul Dhiren had been aggressive and swearing at the staff, he said `Perhaps he is getting better. ` :rolleyes: :D

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Its lovely that Paul can see Dhiren from a different perspective. I love that bit about 'maybe he's getting better'.

Hope you are ok Sylvia.

Love

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Paul went this morning and said his dad was fine.
When I told Paul Dhiren had been aggressive and swearing at the staff, he said `Perhaps he is getting better. ` :rolleyes: :D

Oh Sylvia, this is a lovely way of looking at it, isn't it. I like to think Mum is the same, while she has some fight in her, I am proud of her when she stands up for herself!

x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Paul knows his dad well , warts and all. He appreciates how lovely he is at this stage in his dementia, but takes pleasure in knowing he may be down but he is not yet out.

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
I was laughing at Paul's comment.

Mum was seriously ill with a UTI for 6 plus weeks. She scarcely moved, complied with everything and was easy to deal with. During this time a new carer started and got used to Mum this way. Mum turned on her one day and the new carer burst into tears. When she told the manager her response was "S is getting better! It is good to see her back to her fiesty self!!"

It is sometimes so good to see the aggression as it means that there is enough energy left for passion and that is good.

((hugs)) and love to you all!!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dhiren was in a world of his own today. :)

He greeted me with pleasure as usual and enjoyed the fresh mango I`d taken and a slice of nut torte I`d bought from a local patisserie.

We sat side by side holding hands and he began to tell me about his little baby.
She is 3 months old. She is with her mother.
I am not her mother, his wife is her mother but he can`t remember her name.
I went through the Indian names I know. Gita? Anita? Sunita? Bina? Mala? He thought they were good names but they weren`t right.
Why couldn`t he remember? He will ask his mother next time he sees her.
Will I ask his mother when I see her? Of course I will.
This little baby is too young to understand what he says.
I thought she would be comforted by the sound of his voice.
The idea pleased him.
And then he remembered her name. Anuradha. It`s a name I have never heard.
Wikipedia knows it.
In Hinduism, Anuradha (Sanskrit: अनुराधा, Anurādhā) is a goddess of good luck (Adrusta Devatha).
Perhaps there is something in his past life I don`t know about. :)

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Sylvia,

Reading about you and Dhiren is like experiencing "Contented Dementia" which is when both cared for and carer are, at that moment, able to be fully present and connected:) It is about what YOU are able to do. You are able to be wholly present with Dhiren in his space which today was with this little girl.

Love

Status
Not open for further replies.