A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatwoman

Mar 25, 2009
Merseyside
Hi Sylvia,
Hope Dhiren is starting to feel better now. My Dad has had another bout of pneumonia this week, and is still feeling quite rough. The coughing seems to exhaust him. I hope the GP comes out to see him again on Monday.
Make sure you look after yourself too: we don't want you catching the chest infection too. I know how much energy I expend on worrying when Dad is ill, and it must be so much worse when it's your husband.
Love and hugs,
Sue x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Sue. I hope your dad`s condition is improving.

Dhiren still has a loose cough but says he feels fine and does seem much more alert.
I took him some new jumpers and he was delighted with them.
003.JPG
004.JPG
After he had had a good look at them, I put them in his room and he remembered a few minutes later, asking where they were and how many had I brought.
A tray was brought for us.
005.JPG
It did look nice.
Dhiren`s appetite is not as good and he refused some of the food I`d taken, but that`s fine. He offered me the leftovers but I refused, telling him I had started at a slimming club and chocolate was out.
He said he was glad I had said no to the chocolate .

We sat side by side in comfortable chairs and I filled in my food diary. He asked what the weather was like and I said it was cold, damp and windy.
He said, `I`m glad you are home. Home is the best place. `

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Hi Sylvia

I ma just catching up and I am glad that Dhiren is on the mend. Chest infections are nasty things but ABs often sort them out quickly.

Good luck with the diet...I start on a new year new you plan at the gym net week.

LOve to you both

Mameeskye

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Morning Sylvia,

It brings such joy to think of any of those we care for being spared the devastating ravages these infections can often bring. Seeing Dhiren is one of those occasions and we will all be sighing a sigh of relief and wishing 'long may it continue':)
I particularly noticed Dhiren's hands. He has the most beautiful hands Sylvia.

Glad he liked the jumpers and that he thought you were at home. He must have felt content if he thought you were both at home:)

Love

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Sylvia,

Lovely to see the pictures of Dhiren, and so good to see he is on the mend. (And what a fine tea-pot!:)) And the jumpers obviously made a good impression as he was able to remember them later, after you had put them away. Recall like that is heartening to see, isn't it.

And I loved "Home is the best place to be." With you there beside him sharing a hot drink on a dismal day, he clearly felt very much at home and contented. So a lovely visit for you both.

Love, Nan XXX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Pam.
I`m really sorry you are having such a tough time. I can`t really remember when you weren`t having a tough time and it`s bound to be taking it`s toll on you.
I do wish there was somewhere you could be sure Trev would receive the level of care he gets from you. xx

milly123

Mar 15, 2009
England
hi sylvia loved the photos glad to hear dhrien is getting well again after his hest infectoin harold has done well not to have chest infectoin as many of the other patients have had it good that he thinks you are home with him isnt it better than him wanting to come home milly

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Lovely to see your photos Sylvia and to read the post. So glad that Dhiren is recovered and looking and sounding more himself. Love to you both. xx

bucko

Jan 28, 2009
Widnes
A life in the day of ........

Thank you Sylvia for sharing such lovely photos. It is so nice to see Dhiren looking much better and I am glad his chest infection is clearing up nicely.

Love and hugs.

June x

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Could I ask you Sylvia if next time you have your camera with you, will you ask someone to take a picture of the two of you. I'd love to see one, especially when you have had such a gentle visit. Thanks Love Maureen.x.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Just catching up with your thread, Sylvia, and so pleased Dhiren is much better. Lovely photos and thanks for sharing them with us. I love to see photos. Although like you and Maureen I do hate having my photo taken!

Loo xx

thatwoman

Mar 25, 2009
Merseyside
Lovely photos Sylvia!
I hope Dhiren is feeling better now. My Dad's chest infection is starting to clear up at last.
I'm waiting for the next post to see how things progress,

Love Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabream