A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Deborah,

Thanks for that. It`s so reassuring to hear the same from another`s lips. Perhaps we`ll send your mother and Dhiren out to work together and reap the benefits. ;)

Love xx

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
That`s me, Joanne.

Now that's more like it :)

It's cheered me up.

Dee was on the point of fainting last night whilst seated on the toilet. Used Care-Line, who got a nurse to speak to me, who organised a doctor to come (at midnight on Sunday), who organised a hospital bed in AMU, who did all the tests and Dee was cleared and we came home at 5pm today. Three cheers for Care- Line.

So can concentrate on TP once again.

More please ladies,

Love to you,

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Good grief Deborah - this sounds exactly (and I mean exactly, down to the asides AND the teaching) like the conversations I used to have with my mother.

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Cliff,
Poor Dee. I`m glad everything was resolved with some respect. It makes a change from some of the things we hear.
Love xx

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Thank you Sylvia,

It is good to have her home again. And the hospital staff were marvellous, they treated Dee with the greatest care and respect. I think the senior nurse today could have hugged her.

Please keep posting your conversations with Dhiren as they are so meaningful. They truly reveal how caring has many aspects. That loving patience to keep listening and answering is a very real part of this dreadful disease.

We all do it in small ways and you illustrate it so well.

Love to you both

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Cliff said:
. That loving patience to keep listening and answering is a very real part of this dreadful disease.

Oh Dear Cliff,

I`m glad no-one from TP witnessed my behaviour this afternoon. `Going Home`, began at 3 p.m. with, `How far is it to Manchester?`, and I hit the roof. Poor man, he had no idea he`d asked me before and was genuinely shocked at my reaction.

I burst into tears with anger and frustration, and he stormed into the living room, vowing to go to Manchester without any help from me, `Woman!`

I calmed myself, made us both a drink, took his in to him, and he was sad, didn`t understand why he said such stupid things and promised he would never upset me again.

As if!.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
just popping in to see how your getting on , and to say do like the photo of you both :)

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Margarita,
It`s lovely to see you back on TP.

You seem to be rejuvenated by your holiday, and sound really happy and full of life.

Love xx

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Just released that they have made this thread in to a sticky , was looking for it earlier on could not find it :D

yes it does make me feel like that respite rejuvenated, more so this time because I meet up with so many old friend's that new me before caring for mum reminding me of my old self. amazing how I can get suck in with sadness of it all , meet a friend who said before caring for mum how caring take over your whole life she was right , but another friend said she your mother after all . thing have finally settle down now with mum have got all the support net work , so now all that left is for me to finally get back to how physical fit I was before all this grief happen , could also , should say menially fit but I lost the plot years ago anyway:eek::D

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
We are going out this evening.

We are going to Thanet College, where Gary Rhodes trained, for a Gourmet Dinner. We are going with our son and DIL to celebrate their 18th wedding anniersary.

Dhiren is very excited, very nervous and very confused. You can imagine our sole topic of converstaion all day.
D `What time are we going?`
S `Ten to six.`
D `What time is the dinner?`
S `6.30.`
D `Who is going?`
S `Me and you, Paul and Julie.`
D `And the children.`
S `No the children aren`t coming.`
D `Who will look after the children?`
S `They will look after each other. It`s only a few minutes away and they are older now.`
D `Why aren`t the children coming?`
S `It`s not a suitable dinner for children.`
D `What will be on the menu?`
S `I`ve no idea. We`ll have to wait and see.`
D `You choose. I will have the same as you.`
S `I`ll read the menu with you. You might as well have something you`d prefer.`
D `Who`s paying?`
S `We are.`
D `How much will it be?`
S `Whatever it`ll be, we`ll pay. It`s our anniversary present to them.`
D `We should pay. It`s not nice for them to pay.`
S `I agree.`
D `What time are we going?`
S `Ten to six.`
D `Is Paul coming?`
S `Yes. And Julie.`
D `And the children.`
S `No. The children aren`t coming.`
D `Who will look after them?`..........

and as many times again as you could imagine, this conversation has been repeated.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Hope all go well tonight at the dinner.

with my mother as the disease progressed and with no medication she could not take crowded in - close places to eat . we went for a dinner for her birthday she ate the food and then wanted to leave so had to take her home . with medication she was better and last time year half back we had another meal out with her and she enjoyed it and stayed till we all left daughters and I was really surprised took loads of photo now mum balance
walking is not good so she won't go as she scared of falling , even with 2 of us holding her they and back .

thanks cliff :)

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Sylvia, do hope you have a lovely meal tonight, with Dhiren, Paul and Julie. Happy anniversary to them.:)

Please let us know how things go.
(What time are we going.....sorry, only joking););)

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Just keeping in touch - hope you had a good evening with few problems later.

Not much to report -just a ? downward trend.

Take care Jan :confused::confused::confused:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry David is declining Jan, are you getting any help? Do you need any help, or are you plodding on?

We had a very good evening thank you, and hope to have more.

The problems we are having now is disorganized sleep. Because Dhiren isn`t going out, because he`s too cold, he is unable to get to sleep . The last few nights he`s been wandering about at 2 a.m., not having had any sleep at all. Last night I gave him an extra sedative, but it didn`t work.

This morning, we didn`t wake until 10 a.m..

But I can`t complain as I know others have far more disruption and worry than I`m having.

Take care xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
But I can`t complain as I know others have far more disruption and worry than I`m having.
Actually you rarely do complain Sylvia, but it is not a quantity thing.

Your worries are your worries, and your setbacks are the same.
All are equally important.

(sorry to read about Dhirens lack of sleep, hope things improve soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.