Vulnerable 88 year old missing for 6 days

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Possible GMTV interview

As I know that not all TP'ers use Facebook I thought I'd pass on Ann's latest posts there.

"Help find Gwyn Morris
DCI McDonald has just said they have tried to get this to go national (I know that - it's simply been down to the nationals not picking it up so far) but the good news is we might get it on GMTV. Fingers firmly crossed!"

"Dad may be wearing different clothes and got on a train so don't just go by the original clothes description. He could have got further afield where the story isn't as known so we need lots of publicity, and everyone to keep looking. Thanks to you all for supporting us through this."

Really hope the family get the national press coverage they now need.

Praying Gwyn is home for Christmas.

Mo
x

Last edited:

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
I wonder why the AS couldn't help with this? They must have a communications office or a PR office! I suppose we could all try sending the link to this thread to the national news companies - don't they all have the means to report stories to them? The more they get bugged by us the more they might do something!

I'll go check and see what I can find out.

Fiona

PS you can email the BBC here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10725415

Last edited:

jan1962

May 19, 2012
bedlington northumberland
just checking in to see if there is any news. hope that the national press pick up on this story soon they may be able to find that one link that could lead to him being found. cannot begin to understand the pain you must be feeling at this time. i said a special prayer yesterday at my MILs funeral. keep hope in your heart.

i have everything crossed for a safe return.

jan1962

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
I wonder why the AS couldn't help with this? They must have a communications office or a PR office! I suppose we could all try sending the link to this thread to the national news companies - don't they all have the means to report stories to them? The more they get bugged by us the more they might do something!

I raised this idea at the user group meeting when I went to London

I will persue it again

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I've sent tweets to as many newspaper & journalists as I can think of. Hope at least one of them shows a spark of interest & gets your dad's plight on the National media.

Mo
x
Well done Mo and everyone.
I've been tweeting all morning. Also, I rang 101 yesterday as suggested by Ann Hawker, when I got home from work to say I was available today and tomorrow to go and help look for Gwyn but no-one got back to me and I'm a bit loath to set off on my own. (I thought there might be some community groups doing a search today that I could tag along with. A few people posted on FB last week that they wd go searching from Harlow this weekend, but the links have disappeared now.) So I'm doing as much as I can on tinternet instead.

Last edited:

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Some posts from the FB page for those that don't have FB:

"Help find Gwyn Morris
Some of you have kindly said you'd help by putting up posters. Spoken to Police who said if you could ring 101 quoting 104 of the 6th December, then they'd see you get as many posters as you need, and said it would be great if people could do that! So many thanks to those who feel able to help in this way. Whilst Dad could well be far away we also have to keep things going locally as well. I had tried earlier to download the Missing Persons Bureau poster on to this but couldn't, and it might have ended up too grainy anyway."

Help find Gwyn Morris
22 hours ago
"Dad may be wearing different clothes and got on a train so don't just go by the original clothes description. He could have got further afield where the story isn't as known so we need lots of publicity, and everyone to keep looking. Thanks to you all for supporting us through this."

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Plus this of a link just given by Ann - a poster to print off or share:

http://www.ramagetowers.plus.com/gwyn%20missing%20detailed.pdf

"If any of you want to print off your own posters then this is a clear poster my cousin has done showing Dad tired and without glasses. Needs updating with new clothes info. but so will police poster I'm sure."

Edit because this is a pdf its impossible to share properly on social media. I have done a screen snip which might help.

Sorry its a bit big but if I alter it much it will reduce the quality even more.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
"Dad may well have been dressed in beige patterned or checked trousers and a blue/green weatherproof jacket and brown/tan shoes with Velcro fastenings. This new description needs to get out everywhere PLEASE"

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Much Love & Support

Hello Anne , Like Izzy said Hope Today Is The Day & sending much Love & Support for today & in the days , weeks to come

Much Love & Hugs Love Grove x x x

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Latest from Facebook

Ann posted this on fb a short time ago.

Help find Gwyn Morris
Spoken to two reporters in Wales and now the appeal is out on BBC Wales, and also the story will go in the Cambrian newspaper for the Llanidloes area.

I really hope that this brings some new information & that Gwyn is located very soon.

Stay strong Ann, you are doing all you can.

Mo
x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hope IT HELPS ! !

Hello Anne , Just read that B B C Wales T V is going cover your Dad 's story , do hope it helps in a BIG WAY & you have some news / new clues etc ....( am bumping this up to the TOP ! )

Thinking of you all & especially your Dad

Love Grove x x