Vulnerable 88 year old missing for 6 days

sonia owen

I keep coming back to your thread Anne, just to see if there is some news of your Dad. Its so cold for him to be out for so long. I hope he is in a shed or garage or something.
Thinking of you and your family.

Sonia xxxxx

jan1962

May 19, 2012
bedlington northumberland
Hi just checking in to see if there was any news on your father. fingers crossed and praying for you and your family. no need to post a thank you to everyone we know that you have more on your plate than any of us can comprehend.

sending you positive thoughts.

jan1962

supporter1

Sep 14, 2012
Have read this thread and my heart goes out to you and your family.

Have had similar with my dad too ( escaped from secure unit and also left extra care sheltered) thankfully he managed to get to his old stamping ground .

Keeping everything crossed that your father is found safe too.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I keep hoping for good news for you, Jan is right we don't need thanking, we all hope that your dad is found soon,

Best Wishes Jeany xx

tre

Sep 23, 2008
Herts
I have just come back from Harlow this afternoon. There were many police along the towpath and area near the staion on quad bikes and the helicopter was up so I am sure they are still searching.
At least the Herts & Essex Observer which came out today ran this as their front page so more people will have seen the photo and may come forward with sightings.
My thoughts are with you Ann at this terrible time,
love Tre
PS do not feel you need to reply- your priorities will understandably be elsewhere until your dad is found

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Hi

Does anyone know how I can share the Facebook page in my Facebook profile? X

Hi Shash if you open the Facebook page that Ann has set up
https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindGwynMorris
you will see boxes marked Like & Message . Then there is a star next to the word Message

Click on the down arrow next to that star it opens a drop down list & the second entry is "Share". Click on that & you are then able to add a personal message to the link.

Hope that helps.

Mo
x

Shash7677

Sep 15, 2012
Nuneaton, warwickshire
Thanks Mo.

Will have a look, if it doesn't work from my iPhone I will go in my proper computer and do it.

I'm not anywhere near the area unfortunately but my brother and his wife live that way so if she can share it too then all the more eyes will see.

I do hope he's found soon, such a distressing time for the family.

Sharon
X x

Shash7677

Sep 15, 2012
Nuneaton, warwickshire
Have posted a news piece on my Facebook asking anyone with friends in the area to check sheds and garages and to raise awareness with others they know and asked them to do the same.

Not a lot in the way of physically helping but between us all on TP we will know an awful lot of people to spread the word to.

Sharon
X

Lulabelle

Jul 2, 2012
South West France
I really don't think I can help but I have posted this on my Facebook page. I have many friends in the London area but none in the Essex area but you never know. What a complete nightmare.
I really hope he is found soon safe and well.

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
I would like to add my prayers and wishes that your dad will be safe and well., and will be returned to you as soon as possible
The anguish for you and your family must be overbearing
I think that the responses you have received so far ( 74 replies and 2,064 views )
proves that Talking Point members are caring and for all of its faults it lives up to its
Forum title ’ Support for people with Dementia and their Carers’ and like myself many members will continue to log in to see if there is any news
I pray that you will get some good news soon
jimbo 111

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Yes, Jimbo, I am returning to this thread frequently too, to see if there is any progress. I am not posting every time because I read your comment, Ann, about having to respond to Facebook messages too - so don't want to put too much on you. However, I am still thinking about you and the agony you must be going through. I pray for news very soon.

Shash7677

Sep 15, 2012
Nuneaton, warwickshire
Just checking for news.

My brother and SIL live in Hertfordshire and she has seen the link on Facebook so she is going to raise awareness with her friends. I have an uncle in Wales too so he will do the same.

Not much but he needs to be found safe.

Don't worry about a reply Ann you stay strong for your dad and family. We are all thinking of you x x x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Just Checking In Ann

Hello Ann , Am pleased that a lot of T P 'ers have put the appeal out onto F Book & hope it proves a useful tool in helping to find your Dad

Came onto your thread to see if there was any news & to say am still thinking of you all & especially your Dad . Sending much Love , Prayers & Support to you & all your family

Take care

Love & Hugs Love Grove x x