Update on my Dad

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Sue

Thinking of your dad and all your family,hope there is some improvement in your dad soon,take care Marian xx

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Dear Sue,

Sorry to hear about your father's sudden change. I hope his fighting spirit, along with good medical care, will help him to pull through.

Take care,

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I've been reading your thread from the beginning Sue and am so very sorry for all you, your dad and the family have had to go through. I hope that now he is in hospital proper tests will be done to establish the causes of the weight loss. I am also worried about Ken's weight and have also been told that he eats well. I think, like you, I'll have to be a bit more pro active in chasing up doctors etc., to take this more seriously.

I hope you have better news today.

xxTinaT

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Thank you for all your comments of support. I have just come home to get some sleep. I have been able to access TP on my smartphone and your posts have come through as emails, so a great support to keep me going at the hospital.

There is not much change either for the better or worse and he remains very poorly, but he did rally a little this afternoon for a while - he was smiling and laughing with us.

Just off to get a couple of hours sleep as we think whichever way it goes, it will take some time. My sisters are at the hospital and I will go back shortly to give one of them a break.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Since 5.15 am and I have been alone with my dad. My sisters have gone to try and get some sleep. I had a few hours earlier.

He's peaceful now but had a bad spell a few hours ago when his temperature shot up and breathing was bad. He's also trying to cough more which is distressing him.

My sisters and I are trying to make it a special time and can talk openly. My mum doesn't do emotion, that's not meant to be harsh just the way she is.

When he is awake we have had smiles, and he' even joined in when we've been laughing.

It's just a matter of time, and we are reconciled with that. Well, almost.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Since 5.15 am I've been alone with my dad. My sisters have gone to try and get some sleep. I had a few hours earlier.

He's peaceful now but had a bad spell a few hours ago when his temperature shot up and breathing was bad. He's also trying to cough more which is distressing him.

My sisters and I are trying to make it a special time and can talk openly. My mum doesn't do emotion, that's not meant to be harsh just the way she is.

When he is awake we have had smiles, and he' even joined in when we've been laughing.

It's just a matter of time, and we are reconciled with that. Well, almost.

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Sue, I'm so sorry to hear your news. How lovely that your dad is still able to smile and laugh though, what a fighter!

Best wishes for today, hope your dad improves xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Oh Sue, that's terrible sad news.

I'm so glad you and your sisters are sharing this special time, you'll look back on it as a gift from your dad.

Thinking of you all,

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Oh Sue, just treasure the time that you have together. So glad that you have all your family 'round to support your dad and each other.

Take care,

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
My dad rallied this morning and was quite responsive. Today's consultant seemed more positive. He has taken him off oxygen and agreed with the nurse's suggestion that he have some pureed food. We agreed knowing that food could make him improve, or deteriorate if he aspirates.

He has eaten the food and so far seems OK.

We should know by now to expect the unexpected!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroline7