Update on my Dad

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dera Sue

So sorry to read of your Dad's deterioration. It's such a hard time, not knowing how long it will last, and afraid to leave. I undestand you need to be there, but you must be exhausted.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Love,

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Dear Sue,

Your dad is so lucky to have such a dedicated family around him - even though it must be excruciating for you all to sit through each twist and turn.

Just know that there are many, many people on TP holding you all in their thoughts through this difficult time.

Take care,

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry I have only just caught up with your posts. I am thinking of you and your family. Izzy x

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
We have seen the doctor this morning and we have agreed to withdraw fluids and let him go. He will be kept pain free with morphine and we will try and make sure one of us with him until he goes.

It's a relief in a way, the rallying was giving us false and cruel hope. We have to keep telling ourselves that this is what he would have chosen for himself.

Thank you for your continued support, it's a great help to me and my family. When others on TP have been in a similar position I haven't known what to say. Now I am in this position I know it doesn't matter what you say, just to have your support means the world. Thank you. xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
There is nothing anyone can say Sue. It`s a pain you have to endure and no words can ease it. But we need to make contact, just to show we are here if needed and we understand.

jayne-b

Sep 7, 2009
Staffs
Sue Such a brave and heartbreaking decision. I will be thinking of you all, I hope your Dad's passing is peaceful.

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
We have to keep telling ourselves that this is what he would have chosen for himself.

I think that is the most that anyone can hope to do for their loved one at a time like this - even though it can be a difficult, but courageous decision.

I hope the medics can give your family and your father the peaceful and dignified passing that he would have wanted.

Love,

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Sending you and your family love and kind thoughts today as you tend to your dad. Sandy is so right. Your father has a wonderful family.
x

burfordthecat

Jan 9, 2008
Leicestershire
Sue

Thinking about you and your family during this difficult time. Hard as it is, I personally feel that you have all made the right decision.

You are all in my thoughts

Love Carina x x

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Dear Sue
Have heartbreaking it is to read your news and to know what you and your family are going through at the moment.

My thought are with you all. God bless

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Sue, thank you for sharing this part of the journey with us, as hard as it is.

My thoughts, prayers and love go to you and all the family. Your dad would be so proud of you all at this time. Stay strong.

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Sue, so sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Love and (((HUGS)))

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Sue, my thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time for you all.
Take care of yourselves and each other, your dad must be so proud of you.
Kind regards, Jo

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Sue,

I have only just caught up and am so sorry that the time is nigh.
I know only too well the immense support that Talking Point can be at such a time and I would just like to add my own jot of support and love to you and your family at this time:)

Peace be with you.

Love

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Just catching up with your news, Sue.

This is such a sad time for you all..you're in my thoughts.

Love xx

Last edited:

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Heartbreaking situation Sue, I can only wish for a peaceful passing for your dad. Thinking of you and all your family xxx

mowood

Dec 27, 2009
West Yorkshire
I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I wish your dad a peaceful release and acceptance for you and your family. You've all been truly remarkable in the love and support you've given your dad and each other. I'm sure he would be proud of his wonderful family. Thinking of you.