Update on my Dad

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Dear Sue
Our thoughts are with you and your family during this "waiting time"

Love Julie and Ian xx

PS My dad passed over when mum gave him "permission" to go to his mum and dad- maybe your dad is waiting for someone to give him "blessing" to pass over? Mum told him she would be okay and it was alright to go to his parents as she had the children- you have your siblings?

Love julie xx

take care and God bless

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
A courageous decision, Sue. Just my opinion, but those taken with kindness are never wrong.

My love and thoughts are with you and all the family.

Love, Karen, x

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
The end of a very long journey

When it happened it was very quick. My dad was taken off the oxygen and given a morphine pump. His breathing slowed and my lovely dad died at 3.30 this afternoon.

My middle sister and I left the hospital before the oxygen was taken off. We had taken the practical decision that the end could be days away and we would do the night shift, but needed some sleep first. My eldest sister and my mum were with him and it was very peaceful and calm. We got there about 15 minutes after he died and were able to kiss him and say goodbye, although to be honest, we had said to him all we needed to say. Although I wanted to be there and my eldest sister wasn't sure she did, I'm not going to dwell on things I can't change.

We can only comfort ourselves with the knowledge that he lived a life without regret, and that he is now free of this bloody awful disease.

And we have raised a gin and tonic to him tonight :)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
My sincere condolences to you and your family Sue. The relationship you had with your dad was to be envied.
Love xx

di30

Dec 15, 2009
South Wales
Dear Sue

I am hopeless with words, so sorry with what you had to go through.
My heart and thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

Love Di
XXXX

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
My thoughts are with you Sue at this time. I am pleased that your father left quickly. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Love

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
My condolences to you and your family.

He is now free of this bloody awful disease.

It must be a comfort to know that his passing was so peaceful.

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Sue, thank you for sharing your news with us.
My condolences to you and your family at this time of transition for you all.
Sending you strength for the time ahead, Jo

geum123

May 20, 2009
Dear Sue,
My condolences to you and your family.
You are all in my thoughts.
Regards,
Geum

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
Thank you

Thank you for letting us know so soon, for letting us share your journey and your sorrow and love and joy in such a marvellous father & family. Life will seem very different from today onwards - somewhat worse, somewhat better - but never the same. You did your very best for him and he did that for you, that's all that counts in the end. Wishing you peace and a little sleep and rest at this very momentous time for you, thoughts are with you all as a family as you face the future, Sue xx

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Sue,

Your resolve, devotion and amazing good humour at all this ‘bloody awful disease’ has thrown at you and your dad (and all the family) has never faltered right to the end and been an inspiration when you must have been torn apart yourself.

My condolences, love and thoughts are with you all .......

Karen, x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
My sincere condolences to you and your family Sue. Izzy x

Last edited:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Sue

Sincere condolences from me to you and all your family. I know how much your father meant to you, and he could not have wished for a better and more caring daughter.

I hope you can find some peace now, knowing his suffering is over.

Love,

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Sue, I'm so sorry for your loss. You always described your father so vividly it actually feels as if he was part of MY extended family. I hope that doesn't offend you. You have been a brilliant daughter to your dad and I hope you will find comfort in remembering your father's wonderful life, his peaceful passing and in the solace of your lovely family.

Love Deborah

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
My deepest sympathies, Sue. I am another who felt I shared your family's journey with your Dad.

I hope you keep in touch with us here on TP.
Love