Poor Piedsmum is poorly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Only just found this thread I'm so sorry its all so traumatic but you made the right descision (is that how you spell it, I'm having trouble spelling these days)

Chin up Sis were all rooting for you and your Mum

Love and prayers Sarah

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Thanks each and every one of you. I did sleep after hearing the ducks til 5 am.
I went back to see mum straight after work. She looked pretty poorly. Very pale. They'd managed to get some paracetamol into her. She was sleeping heavily so I didn't touch her. I just watched her for fifteen minutes then crept out. She didnt stir.
I've just rung the home and L is on. She said they are about to wake Mum for a drink and an anti biotic so I said well dont hesitate to ring.
The nice nurse today, J, said that she is amazed Mum is still here. She said when Mum came, she didnt expect her to last this long. She said Mum is made of tough stuff. That is certainly true.
I know you all have your own worries, and I'm so grateful you take the time to reach out. It's a lonely job, caring, and I have done it the best I can.
We have booked a holiday for 3 weeks in the summer. I'm terrified now. We fly on 25 July. I'm convinced Mum will die while I'm away. I feel like cancelling.
I want to see Mum to her journey's end.
Maybe she will perk up when it rains. She's always been dreadful at coping with heat. We have had the most glorious weather for the last two weeks.
Love to all and sleep well xxxx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Here's a pic of her earlier. She looks a lot better than last night.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 536

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
So sorry to hear about your Mum not being well Pied. I agree though with not sending her to hospital as it really wouldn't achieve anything apart from a lot of trauma for your poor wee Mum and of course you too!

My MiL is suffering from a chest infection too the antibiotics seem to be working so good news for us! I hope the same for your Mum too!

Take care Pied and look after yourself xx
Dear Flowerpot. Lots of love to your MiL. I hope she carries on improving xxxx

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
She looks very poorly but comfortable Pied. I hope you both have a restful night and the ducks are quiet.
Take care, love
Suex

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Pied,

I've only just read about your mum being so poorly. Your mum has been on deaths door a few times and rallied a few times so it must make it all the harder for you. I will be wishing your mum peace and comfort and wishing you continued strength to cope with all you have to deal with.

Love and a (HUG)

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Lots of love & hugs

Evening Pied , Sorry have only just read this & sorry to read about your lovely Mum . Glad the 2 nice good Nurse 'ers are on Duty it will bring you much comfort Pied that your Mum is in safe hands

Sending much Love & BIG HUGS to you & your Mum

Love , Peace & Comfort Pied

Love Grove x x x

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Thanks everyone. I've popped in before shooting off to work as the night nurse said Mum had had a bad night. She has taken a little tea but doesn't want her porridge. She's asleep now. I've cleaned her nose and eyes very gently with cotton wool. I think she knew I was there. She didn't open her eyes. She seemed to smile though. She's fast off again now so I have put The Sound of Music on, which is one of her favourites, and I think it's for some soothing songs.
I've told her if she's tired to just rest and there's no need to wake up. She didnt appear to hear that.
She is peaceful which is what I want. I'm going off to work shortly.
Thanks so much for all the thoughts and prayers. My lovely mum is peaceful so the vibes have worked. Now we just wait and see if the ABs work x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Pied , Thanks for the update & glad you were able too go & see your Mum this morning . Am glad your Mum was nice & comfty before you left the sleep will do her good

Positive vibes the A B 's work & your Mum is a little better each day

Love & Hugs Love Grove x x

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Pied its good to hear your mum is peaceful. I'm sure she knew you were there and would have taken comfort. I'm worried more for you, with sleepless nights, running back and forth to the home and putting in a full day in a responsible job. Please try and take it easy, won't you? Not everything is within our control, but you never fail to do what you can. Just be kind to yourself too, won't you?

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Oh for God's sake. I'm really really angry.

I just got here at 4.45 straight from work and mum was asleep. I managed to get a little juice into her. She was too sleepy to have any tea.

The nurse came in with her tablets, shovelled them in, swig of juice, then followed with a chocolate button even though I said no. S

When the nurse left Mum chewed and chewed and chewed. I asked her to open her mouth and I could see two tablets Unchewed, they must taste disgusting. I tried and tried to hook them out with my finger. Then she started choking. I rang the buzzer. The carer L came in. I said Mum's choking on tablets. L hooked the tablets out. Mum's face was contorted. She was still trying to choke.

I said , "I really don't think it's acceptable that you are giving my mum tablets she clearly can't take. "

The carer said "I'll go and tell the nurse I've just had to hook them out. "

Honestly. It's pathetic. I feel like I have to stay here just to be sure Mum has adequate care. But then again, even with me here, she has just had a terrible experience.

Honestly. It's just appalling. Is there no half decent care to be had anywhere in this whole poxy care system. I'm not asking for anything special. Just adequate will do me fine.

GRRRRRR

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I'm sorry for your mum and sorry for mine and mine's supposed to be one of the lucky ones, like yours, who had a daughter to fight for her. What about all the ones who don't?
I've just been downstairs and the nurse met me in an office. I said my piece. I said it wasn't good seeing Mum's tablets shovelled in and I said to you she's an old lady but to me she's my mum. Why can't they see she is not up to swallowing. Well the nurse said she needs her pills and she needs to be able to get relief for her MS would I rather she had spasms. No I said I'd rather she had baclofen syrup !
Sorry for the dreadful typing. I'm on my phone here.
I am so cross. Here I am trying to make Mum's life comfy. I know they care about her but why do they have such a blasé attitude.
Oh bottoms darn and drat.

ellejay

Jan 28, 2011
Essex
Well the nurse said she needs her pills and she needs to be able to get relief for her MS would I rather she had spasms.

No, you'd rather she was looked after by someone who appears to give a s***, but sadly that doesn't seem possible Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Hope things improve, Pied

Lin x

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Oh maybe I'm just upset. I know they care about Mum. They are not lazy. They rush everywhere. Do everything fast. It's the owners I'm angry with. The whole system is sad.

They do their best. I'm just upset with the situation. I bet the Duke of Edinburgh isn't having to put up with this. The Queen doesn't have to go to bed wondering if he's had a wash today or enough to drink. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.