Poor Piedsmum is poorly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
My brother has MS too and we have had a few scares with him. Like your Mum he cannot do anything but currently he is peaceful and quite relaxed. I hope the same for your Mum.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I just rang the home. The nice nurse said Mum is better, she hasn't been sick again so she might start the antibiotics later tonight. She said that way we gain a night. She said they are checking on Mum every ten minutes. She said Mum is pale but smiling. I suppose dementias blessing is that Mum will have forgotten tonight by the morning. I wish I could say the same.
Thanks for all the comfort I've found here tonight and being able to get a few demons off my chest by writing them down. Xxxxx

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I just rang the home. The nice nurse said Mum is better, she hasn't been sick again so she might start the antibiotics later tonight. She said that way we gain a night. She said they are checking on Mum every ten minutes. She said Mum is pale but smiling. I suppose dementias blessing is that Mum will have forgotten tonight by the morning. I wish I could say the same.
Xxxxx

It's great to hear they are so on the ball, Pied. Very encouraging news, I don't think you could ask for more in terms of care right now. I'm glad your mum has settled a bit. And no, a hospital trip would have been very traumatic, so you did the right thing there. x

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I'm sorry to read about your mum, Pied. Sending you a hug.

Jan xx

muse

May 27, 2008
Cambridge
I don't mind if she doesn't get better, I just don't want her to suffer

Dear Pied
I'm so sorry to hear how poorly your mum is and how much you're in agony. I agree with your decision about hospital. I had several experiences of taking my husband to A&E, the last one when he was in the NH, each time more harrowing for him. Not only the journey in the ambulance, but the endless waiting time in A&E without him understanding what was going on. It was torture for him, and I had to watch him getting more and more rigid with fear. My instruction after that was also to never put him through this again.

He suffered from several chest infections and UTI's, which cleared up with antibiotics. Then, there was the final one. He had been seen by the GP on Tuesday and prescribed antibiotics. On Wednesday, he went for a nap after lunch and didn't wake up again. Nobody is ever prepared for this. For me there was no question as to what was the best way for him to slip over to the other side. In his case, I considered the chest infection a blessing, much preferred to going to the very final stages of dementia.

I'm really sorry if this is totally out of place and neither you nor your mum are ready for this. But if your mum isnt' ready, she'll recover on the antibiotics like Philip did several times.

Wishing you lots of strength and a good night's sleep - Kathy xxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read about your mum Pied. Thinking of you both. xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Oh dear. You're still up. You're having problems sleeping? I do think you've made the right decision, but I also understand why this might be on your mind.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I think Hubby's snores woke me Jen, I can also hear a pair of ducks for some reason, quacking away. I will try and get back to sleep. I think I made the right decision. Mum wouldn't want to go. She wouldn't get fed or watered. I'd have to go - and stay - too.

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Hello Pied,

Sorry to hear about your mum being unwell - and you're obviously worrying in these wee small hours, understandably.

Just hope you get some sleep so that you can cope with tomorrow xxx

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
I think of you and your lovely Mum often Pied.

I hope you managed some sleep.

Be thinking of you today. You know where I am xxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Sorry to hear you and your poor Mum are having problems Pied. I hope you managed to get a couple of hours sleep.

Thinking of you Lyn T

geum123

May 20, 2009
Hi Pied,
I do hope your little Mum is more comfortable today.

I think you've made exactly the right decision in not sending her to hospital.
To be nursed by people she knows, and who know her,
will be so much less traumatic.

Thinking of you both.
xxxxxxxxxx

flowerpot

Jul 27, 2010
Rural North Northumberland
So sorry to hear about your Mum not being well Pied. I agree though with not sending her to hospital as it really wouldn't achieve anything apart from a lot of trauma for your poor wee Mum and of course you too!

My MiL is suffering from a chest infection too the antibiotics seem to be working so good news for us! I hope the same for your Mum too!

Take care Pied and look after yourself xx

Status
Not open for further replies.