Nursing homes

Aisling

Oh Aisling you really are worn out you poor thing. I think it is like having jet lag after you have been caring for so long, the tiredness finally catches up with you. The trouble is our sleeping patterns are all to pot and it will take time to get back to proper sleeping patterns. Do you like a tipple why not have one or two before bed in a warm drink. xx

Thank you Jorgie. TP is keeping me going. I spent all afternoon with T. He was in good form TG. I took in some pictures for his room and his favourite after shave. We went out to the gazobo ? In the garden as he wanted fresh air. It was so funny as after a few minutes, he ran back in!! He said there was no point in getting drenched! So we walked around corridors admiring pictures and flowers. Had tea and biscuits and watched a match.

Am off to Waterford in the early hours in the morning. Am taking my sister for an appointment in Waterford hospital.

I thought Cosmo had 4 kittens, discovered she has five tonight.

Lots of love,

Aisling

jorgieporgie

Thank you Jorgie. TP is keeping me going. I spent all afternoon with T. He was in good form TG. I took in some pictures for his room and his favourite after shave. We went out to the gazobo ? In the garden as he wanted fresh air. It was so funny as after a few minutes, he ran back in!! He said there was no point in getting drenched! So we walked around corridors admiring pictures and flowers. Had tea and biscuits and watched a match.

Am off to Waterford in the early hours in the morning. Am taking my sister for an appointment in Waterford hospital.

I thought Cosmo had 4 kittens, discovered she has five tonight.

Lots of love,

Aisling

Send them to me I love kittens. Mum would treat them like her babies and give my cat a rest. Glad you had a nice day.xx

MollyD

Hi Aisling. Tried to post you a pm but it tells me your inbox is full. I'll save it till you get a chance to declutter :).

Aisling

Sent.

Hope all goes smoothly in Waterford.

5 kittens! Are you keeping them?

Waterford went very well T.G. My sister's cancer is now in remission. Long day in hospital and she was trying so hard to be positive. I didn't leave her side except when she had meetings with consultants etc. 5 kittens!! I will be looking for homes when they get bigger.

Aisling

Aisling

I realise that many people have so much trauma in their lives and I try to help if I think I can do so in some small way.

You probably know from my post that OH is now in long term care now. I visit as often as I can and getting personal things organised for his room.

What has taken me totally by surprise is the loneliness, loss, tiredness and lack of interest in things. I feel like a boat abandoned in a vast sea. Yes I am lucky that NH is excellent. OH is settling but today was upsetting for me as he thinks nobody likes him in NH and he wants to go home. I know going home is part of the illness and have heard it so many times when he was at home. Still I can feel my heart turn over with sadness and my tears are not far away. I manage to keep them hidden.

Sending support to everyone.

Aisling xx

jorgieporgie

I realise that many people have so much trauma in their lives and I try to help if I think I can do so in some small way.

You probably know from my post that OH is now in long term care now. I visit as often as I can and getting personal things organised for his room.

What has taken me totally by surprise is the loneliness, loss, tiredness and lack of interest in things. I feel like a boat abandoned in a vast sea. Yes I am lucky that NH is excellent. OH is settling but today was upsetting for me as he thinks nobody likes him in NH and he wants to go home. I know going home is part of the illness and have heard it so many times when he was at home. Still I can feel my heart turn over with sadness and my tears are not far away. I manage to keep them hidden.

Sending support to everyone.

Aisling xx

Oh Aisling it certainly is a roller coaster for you. It is the illness speaking and tomorrow T may feel different. It dose not matter where they are as my Mum loved living with me but now cries to go home every day but to her childhood home. It really is hard for us all to relate to this awful illness knowing our loved ones are some where in there but yet so far away from us. Heartache and loneliness will reside with you that is only natural when you care and love someone who has gone away. T is still here and you can spend as much time as possible with him then come home to a well earned rest knowing he his well looked after. Hope you get some rest, you so need it. Big hugs xx

MollyD

Oh, Aisling. Just because T is cared for doesn't cancel out all the day to day problems and deep grief you must be feeling. Sorry if any of my posts whitewashed over that. There is s*dding nothing easy about any of this and yes, while it's a relief to know your OH or my mum are getting the care they need, it takes day by day monitoring and high alert alongside dealing or not dealing with ongoing bereavement.

Sending a huge hug. Keep posting ♡

MollyD

Only just read your previous post about your sister. What a load you have and how wonderful support she has in you. A great relief she is in remission.

Wow. And here's me moaning.

Aisling

Oh, Aisling. Just because T is cared for doesn't cancel out all the day to day problems and deep grief you must be feeling. Sorry if any of my posts whitewashed over that. There is s*dding nothing easy about any of this and yes, while it's a relief to know your OH or my mum are getting the care they need, it takes day by day monitoring and high alert alongside dealing or not dealing with ongoing bereavement.

Sending a huge hug. Keep posting ♡

Thank you Molly and Georgie. Molly Your posts don't whitewash anything. It is ongoing bereavement but only TP seem to understand this aspect. Sure really it is not possible for others to understand it. It is like a limbo.

I visit regularly and all I want to do then is sleep. Latter rests my brain but is not a solution or even good for me. I know that but don't seem to able to get a handle on it yet. Am so annoyed with myself my logic and motivation have disappeared in a hazy cloud. Am so lucky that T is in an excellent NH. I should not be moaning about myself.

I think I will force myself to sweep a floor and clean two small windows now. That shouldn't be too taxing for me!! Maybe Ireland will win tonight and I might open the nonalcoholic wine!! Yes nonalcoholic!! Sad!!

Your constant support is so...... good. Thank you.

Aisling xx

MollyD

Ditto for your support. Gawd, forgot Ireland are playing. Have we won/lost or even started playing yet.

It's such a shame we beat ourselves senseless for our emotional/physical responses to all this high octane stress, isn't it? It's an added thorn. Hope you can go easier on yourself, Aisling.

Two small windows is the perfect number and size. Whatever and whenever you can. Floor? Meh, not crucial. Don't kill yourself :). Small steps :). Non alcoholic wine too... if that's your tipple, that's the one. Enjoy it.

I'm helping mum to bed shortly when hse carer arrives. Then I'm doing a meet and greet with a new carer being introduced by tonight's night carer with a view to working an extra day as last girl didn't want to continue. *I* don't even understand that last sentence! I don't know my own name let alone know how to go thru' the day routine with someone new. Moan moan moan. Lol. Hopefully mum sleeps tonight and that we all do as a result. Tho' i might need to take a tablet to help myself tonight.

Night night

HillyBilly

Ireland won. The pub over the road from me has just started filling up. Guess they were all at home watching.
Hope you get a good night's sleep Aisling x

Aisling

Ireland won. The pub over the road from me has just started filling up. Guess they were all at home watching.
Hope you get a good night's sleep Aisling x

It will be a late night in the pub!! Brilliant goal. Yes am under duvet now.

Aisling xx

Aisling

Ditto for your support. Gawd, forgot Ireland are playing. Have we won/lost or even started playing yet.

It's such a shame we beat ourselves senseless for our emotional/physical responses to all this high octane stress, isn't it? It's an added thorn. Hope you can go easier on yourself, Aisling.

Two small windows is the perfect number and size. Whatever and whenever you can. Floor? Meh, not crucial. Don't kill yourself :). Small steps :). Non alcoholic wine too... if that's your tipple, that's the one. Enjoy it.

I'm helping mum to bed shortly when hse carer arrives. Then I'm doing a meet and greet with a new carer being introduced by tonight's night carer with a view to working an extra day as last girl didn't want to continue. *I* don't even understand that last sentence! I don't know my own name let alone know how to go thru' the day routine with someone new. Moan moan moan. Lol. Hopefully mum sleeps tonight and that we all do as a result. Tho' i might need to take a tablet to help myself tonight.

Night night

If a tablet helps Molly, take it. Ireland won with a brilliant goal. Friend coming tomorrow to paint bedroom. He has a key so he can paint away.

Aisling xx

LadyA

Aisling, sleep is healing for body, spirit and mind. For the moment, go with it. Watch for signs of true depression sneaking up, but otherwise, take all the time you need to relax back into yourself. Sleep, sit and watch the wind blowing, if you can take a walk to clear your mind, and gently potter about. Chat to the animals - they're so non-judgemental! :)

Aisling

Help please. Am unable to do anything except visit OH with a put on happy face. After that I can do nothing. Just want to lock the world away and sleep with phone beside me in case of emergency. My only contact is TP. Is there anyone else around with this type of experience or am I going stark raving mad? I can't even motivate myself to visit my doctor. I think that there is no solution to this tiredness. Have I lost the plot?

Aisling