Nursing homes

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Oh, Aisling, 3 grand? That just sucks. They are an absolutely disgraceful shower of messers.

It'd be wonderful if you got a job quickly. Don't give up hope on that. T's excellent NH care and your ongoing love, care and input can move mountains. You've shouldered so much already. A part time job is well within range.

I hope you enjoyed your coffee and company, God, you so need and deserve that smidgen of respite and time for yourself. Does your friend do manicures and hairdos? That'd be just the ticket. ;)

Hugs.

Ps just thought of another little bit of new news. Discovered friend plays draughts!! Had board set up! Play by myself!! Yes by myself!! 3 moves this evening and leave it till next time. I lead a totally exciting life.

Well Spain n Portugal on Sunday night.

Xx

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Nursing Home

The full reality of extra fees have just hit me today. FD made mistake in calculations. I accepted it and signed documents and started bank direct debit. I know this could be argued about but no point. OH needs full time care now. The bottom line is to pay up. The option is pay or bring OH home. An extra 3 k a year!! This doesn't include medications. I know nobody can help but just needed to talk to someone. I can't stay tormenting friend with my problems daily as he is more than good to me.

oH in good form. I watched match with him and gave him new jumpers.

Am fed up so I got under duvet!!!

Sending support to everyone.

Aisling

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
The full reality of extra fees have just hit me today. FD made mistake in calculations. I accepted it and signed documents and started bank direct debit. I know this could be argued about but no point. OH needs full time care now. The bottom line is to pay up. The option is pay or bring OH home. An extra 3 k a year!! This doesn't include medications. I know nobody can help but just needed to talk to someone. I can't stay tormenting friend with my problems daily as he is more than good to me.

oH in good form. I watched match with him and gave him new jumpers.

Am fed up so I got under duvet!!!

Sending support to everyone.

Aisling

It's upsetting just to read about your situation Aisling. It must be so hard for you. Thinking of you. xx

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
It's upsetting just to read about your situation Aisling. It must be so hard for you. Thinking of you. xx

Am sorry Stanley, people have enough upset in their lives without me rabbiting on. To be honest replies do help me enormously.

Aisling

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
That's ridiculous Aisling, after all the trauma of having to put T in CH now this to cope with. Thinking of you and sending loads of support your way. xx

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
You really didn't need to apologise Aisling.:) and you're certainly not rabbiting on. You're dealing with a very stressful situation and you're managing to post honestly about it. I think you're very brave.

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Oh, Aisling. I don't blame you at all for hiding under the duvet. This FD debacle is really outrsgeous. If it was under different circumstances this miscalculation would be difficult enough but after years of coping and dealing with SS here to get T's rightful care, it's galling.

Post, post, post about it. Big hug and support. Xxx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Just remember Aisling, they can't leave you with less than the equivalent of the basic non contributory pension to live on. If they are leaving you less than that, they are wrong.

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Just remember Aisling, they can't leave you with less than the equivalent of the basic non contributory pension to live on. If they are leaving you less than that, they are wrong.

I havn't really done my sums but I think they are leaving me about 200 euro per week. So they are probably correct. It is Fair Deal and you know all about that. I simply can't believe it and I was given info in quick phone call that I answered half asleep. No point in debating it as NH told me this is my only option. OH needs it. I also pay 146 per month for his meds every month any any other personal needs he may have in future. Am hopeless at gardens, yard work, painting etc and nil help from any family members except my great sister. She is on holiday. After all my giving out about SIL, she is being kind to me and giving me space. I am welcome to call to her anytime. May the Lord forgive me and Bless her.

Anyway enough about me. Hope your Mum is getting better. Have you thought about the painting? Probably too much on your mind now.

Am under duvet about to watch final Euro match. . I could have watched it with friend but too lazy to go out and match could go on for ages esp if it goes to extra time and penalties.

OH is going on an afternoon tour on Tuesday.

Thanks a million for support.

Aisling xxx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Have you applied for a medical card for him? And yourself? Because with paying nursing home fees, you could be entitled now even if you weren't before, in which case you'd only have to pay 25 per month for both of your medications.

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Have you applied for a medical card for him? And yourself? Because with paying nursing home fees, you could be entitled now even if you weren't before, in which case you'd only have to pay 25 per month for both of your medications.

He has been refused medical card, reassessed after going into NH. Refused again. The strange thing is I have an EU medical card so we pay about 146 for T and about 15 for mine per month. Tried everything even TD, no luck. I am so, so tired.....

Aisling xx

I

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Hi Aisling. How are you? Any more developments re NH? I do hope you're ok.

Life this neck of the woods is a barrel of laughs. For a surrealist comic maybe. For me, my breaks are becoming as fraught as my time with mum. Bleak times. Hope someone out there is getting a laugh. Hey ho.

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Hi Aisling. How are you? Any more developments re NH? I do hope you're ok.

Life this neck of the woods is a barrel of laughs. For a surrealist comic maybe. For me, my breaks are becoming as fraught as my time with mum. Bleak times. Hope someone out there is getting a laugh. Hey ho.

Just have to pay up!! No options. Just think it is a bit unfair that I can be left with nearly nothing. I mean that. It will be a huge struggle. Oh well............................

Wish I could do something for you. You have so much on your plate. It is not only unfair but unjust. It's like a long dark tunnel.....

Support?? HSE support?? And pigs will fly. ...............

Sometimes one has to laugh or go stark raving mad.

Aisling xx

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Yep. HSE seems often to stand for heartless suckers' executive. Hard to pinpoint how this kind of injustice can happen time and again. But it does. I'm so so sorry, Aisling. Would it be worth writing to your TD. Discretionary grounds for medical card and FD? Hound him/her? Are you even up to that though. You must be so sick and tired of it all.

I'll survive, I hope lol. Your support and others' like jorgie's, Maisy's, LadyA's and others here is carrying me at the moment.

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Just have to pay up!! No options. Just think it is a bit unfair that I can be left with nearly nothing. I mean that. It will be a huge struggle. Oh well............................

Wish I could do something for you. You have so much on your plate. It is not only unfair but unjust. It's like a long dark tunnel.....

Support?? HSE support?? And pigs will fly. ...............

Sometimes one has to laugh or go stark raving mad.

Aisling xx

Oh Aisling, I am not clued up on how things go in Ireland but surly this isn't right. My SIL lost her Husbands attendance allowance and carers when he went in to CH. Then she had to do a claim on her own for job seekers, council tax plus she gets widows pension from the government for one year. Also because she had depression and arthritis in her knee, the GP as put her on sick. Could you not go to Gp and ask to be put on sick. Maybe it is different in England I don't know but worth a try. You are going through so much, look after yourself. Big shoulder of support sent to you. xx

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Am actually laughing at what HSE can mean!! Good one. Shoulders are keeping me going. Does anyone in Ireland watch Fair City?? It is annoying me! Have writers lost the plot?? Have made lists of things to do........

A huge thank you for all your support.

Aisling

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DevotedDaughter23