Nursing homes

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
DearAisling - I follow your threads but dont often post , but i think you're amazing.

If you have a favourite photo of a horse, there are firms that will put it on cushion or blanket for you - in fact you can have a photo put on anything these days. In my husbands care home there is a lady who's relatives have made her a blanket with her favourite dog on and cushions with her grandchildren on. If you want one ready made just try googling - I have found that Amazon have nearly everything that I have googled - even obscure things. xxxx

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_s...es+on&sprefix=cushions+with+horses+on,aps,540

Wow thank you. I would never have thought of that. Thank you for your kind thoughts re me " being amazing". Unlike some Irish people I am pleased with a compliment.

Aisling xx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Ah, Aisling, Internet shopping can be your best friend when caring for someone - or living in a rural area! The world becomes your oyster! :-D

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
How are you, Aisling?

Thank you Molly. Don't really know. The good news is T watched the England v Wales match with me today. The whole match. It felt so good. I had a photo of family and I tried to get in enlarged this evening. Simple?? Not at all! It would take a week! A week! I brought it home. If I have energy tomorrow I will drive over to Carlow, might get it done there. Am collecting few bits for Father's Day to put up in his room. Glimpses of other rooms are making me feel guilty. I am impatient as I want to do everything in one day. As you know I have energy problems. Or maybe just lazy out.

Aisling xx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I doubt it's laziness Aisling. It's what a friend of mine calls "the apathy of grief ". When we aren't exactly depressed, as such. It's just that getting up has to be our achievement for the day. There's no energy left to decide anything, do anything, other than get through the day.
Time and rest.

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
I doubt it's laziness Aisling. It's what a friend of mine calls "the apathy of grief ". When we aren't exactly depressed, as such. It's just that getting up has to be our achievement for the day. There's no energy left to decide anything, do anything, other than get through the day.
Time and rest.

You have it exactly. Thank you.

Aisling xx

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Yeah, I can imagine how you don't know. I'd be numb and reeling all at once after all you've been through. And in spite of that apathy of grief, you're still there for T. Hope you can cut yourself a bit of slack, Aisling.

And it's just lovely to hear you watched the whole match together.:)

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Glad your enjoying quality time with T now Aisling. It sounds like he is really settling down. Must be such a relief for you. Hope you get things sorted out for Father's day. In England we can get things like that done within the hour, have you a asda store they do it. Take care xx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
A lot of the places that do photo printing do it. Hard to know what's near you. Harvey Norman? Soundstore?

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Glad your enjoying quality time with T now Aisling. It sounds like he is really settling down. Must be such a relief for you. Hope you get things sorted out for Father's day. In England we can get things like that done within the hour, have you a asda store they do it. Take care xx

Hi Jorgie,

Yes, T is settling in and staff getting to know him. It is comforting for me. He gets sessions of confusion and doctor contacted me today to talk about them. Doctor is really good. Yes I remember the Asda stores. Brilliant.

Take care,

Aisling xx

Alicenutter

Aug 29, 2015
Massachusetts USA
Oh, can you come to Provence and feed our livestock? Only been back for 24 hours and the old Westie is driving me CRAZY. He's always been a conceited and entitled dog, and now he's an old deaf blind conceited entitled dog...

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Oh, can you come to Provence and feed our livestock? Only been back for 24 hours and the old Westie is driving me CRAZY. He's always been a conceited and entitled dog, and now he's an old deaf blind conceited entitled dog...

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Am booking my flight!! First class all the way!

Aisling

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Oh, Aisling, I'm so sorry you're struggling. Would you be able to get yourself to your GP soon? And get some rest? Is it possible?

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Oh Aisling you really are worn out you poor thing. I think it is like having jet lag after you have been caring for so long, the tiredness finally catches up with you. The trouble is our sleeping patterns are all to pot and it will take time to get back to proper sleeping patterns. Do you like a tipple why not have one or two before bed in a warm drink. xx