I am at breakdown today

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Helen, It is so good that the bloods came back so quickly and they were all clear except the liver one ( I too have my fingers crossed for you both xxx)
The fact that Alan is behaving like he alaways does and is in his own routine again is probably helping you and long may that continue xxx.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Helen, I'm so sorry I have been 'out of the loop' this week, and only just catching up on all your worrying news about Alan. The emotional strain of it all must have been unbearable for you.

I'm really glad that things are moving quickly re the scan, though. You do sounds as if you are putting on the bravest of faces and carrying on stoically and singlemindedly, which is good to hear.

I expect it will seem like a long weekend before Monday. I'm hoping the time flies for you and that Alan continues to show his astonishing 'come back kid' nature.
Sending you love and hugs,and apologies again for my absence,

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Helen glad Alan was feeling better today and blood tests seem good glad you are thinking positive keep it up thinking of you both love Larivy

stikwik

Oct 31, 2007
Nottingham
well helen, how do i start. i had no idea. not been on tp for few weeks now so just spent 2 hours reading the 25 pages on this thread as i could relate to a lot of the pickles you seemed to have after one another but never expected the last few pages. other more reliable/regular members appear to have supported you very well and i know that's the beauty of tp, we join in when we can, but despite not feeling guilty about not being there for you (on here), i do wish i could have been so.

much love.

nik xxxx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Helen,

Just popped in to let you know I'm thinking about you and Alan, as many of us are.

Hoping things have been ok for you today.

Love xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Today's events.

Got a letter from the GP saying that she would like to take bloods again in 4 weeks time. This immediately made me think "oh good she thinks he has 4 weeks then":)

Alan got up, had breakfast and then wanted to go back to bed. I had a sitter at 9am and Alan was still in bed but I knew he was swinging the lead because I was not prompting him like I usually would because I was busy getting ready myself. I had a choice. I could either spend my sitting time getting Alan ready (because I didn't think he'd allow the male sitter to help him) or I could use the sitting time to do what was needed and leave them to it. I decided to leave them to it.

Seeing as Alan kept me up every hour last night, I told the sitter that he was not to leave Alan to sleep unless he looked or seemed ill;) I told the sitter to regularly encourage Alan to get up and get shaved.

When I got back Alan was still in bed and the sitter came down and told me that he had tried to encourage Alan to get up but he was having none of it. Alan started whistling for me to come upstairs to him but I have always refused to respond to a whistle because I am not a dog:D He then came downstairs to me like a mountain gazelle:rolleyes: He was fine. We had lunch and then we went to visit a friend for a couple of hours to give him a change of scenery.

I have even doubted I ever had that appointment with the GP and definitely can't believe that Alan is dying. There must be a mistake somewhere. I will be really shocked on Tuesday if they confirm this because it really doesn't seem possible.

Love to you all xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Wow - this must all be so confusing for you Helen. I'm glad you had a good time out with Alan today and sincerely hope they are wrong and there has been some kind of mistake or understanding. Izzy x

janlyn

Oct 19, 2009
gloucester
hi helen i do hope they have got it wrong, have been thinking of you and will kep checking in when i can love to you :)

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Oh Helen

They do like to test us to the limit don't they.

Am glad Alan (and you) have had a good day.

I am sure you will be glad when Tuesday arrives.

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Good morning Helen, how is Alan today, gather you had a disturbed night again, how are you coping with sleep starvation. it really took its toll on me without me realising. take care of yourself. love pam

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Helen

Just popped in to see how you are...:)

Hope you're managing to get some sleep..thinking about you both.

Love xx

Rosie

Jun 10, 2004
South East Wales, UK.
Dear Helen, Just popped on TP to see how everyone is ( thank you for private message x x ), I have read what has been happening with you, I hope you have managed to get some sleep, it must be anxious time for you waiting for the results on Tuesday. I hope everthing is ok x I hope that Alan is settling better in the night & you are able to get some well deserved sleep. Do you go to the hospital to get results? Will you have someone with you for support on the day? I hope so.
I hope things are sorted soon regarding respite care, for you to get some much needed rest. Take care of yourself, I will be thinking of you, sending love & hugs Rosie x x x

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Hello Helen, just "Hi" & hope the day is going peacefully for you both. I'm getting used to this hibernation lark ...

Attachments

• hedgehog.jpg
    hedgehog.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 467

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroline7