I am at breakdown today

Brokenhearted

Nov 27, 2009
Wales
Hi Helen

Hope you are feeling OK and you managed to grab some well needed sleep, also hope Alan is improving a little Thanks so much for the PM but I think I may have sorted things out now......time will tell, I was just having a particularly bad day yesterday. Take care of yourself.
Love Brokenhearted x

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
Without knowing it you have helped me so much

I am so sorry you have had such a bad day and I hope you can have a more relaxed evening now. Being new to TP I can't tell you and everyone how much it has helped me knowing I'm not alone with all these problems. I too get so frustrated and usually end up locking myself in the bathroom to have a good cry and then I feel guilty again! those guilty moments are horrible but I keep saying to myself I am only human and sometimes it is too hard to accept.
Thank you for sharing your problems..and in doing so helping me
Big hug

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
hi Helen hope all ok sorry to hear Alan is keeping you up at night seems to be the trend with many of us at the moment hope you get a rest tonight love larivy

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Thank you all for your good wishes. Last night I went with Alan, my daughter-i-l and 2 teenage grandchildren to an Indian restaurant very close to home. It is a quiet place with good food and I know that Alan can cope there especially if he is facing the wall rather than into the room where he can see other people;) Alan seemed so well yesterday that it was not possible to believe that he had been so very ill. Today he has been more ill and is desperately struggling for breath. He goes up the stairs like a mountain gazelle (aged 79) and then is gasping for breath at the top. I can't get him to go up at a normal pace.

I am shattered because he has had me awake every half hour for the past 3 nights. I miss you all and I wonder how you all are but I am too tired to read. Hopefully I will catch up tomorrow.

Monday Alan has the CT Scan and Tuesday the Respiratory Clinic where we will find out what the problem is.

I know many of us are having problems getting good enough sleep and I hope that some of you manage a good night tonight.

Goodnight my friends - I'm going to try to get some rest and pray that Alan sleeps.

Love x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I also hope you both can sleep tonight, along with others who are struggling in a similar way.

Good to hear you had a night out!

Love

Michele

Oct 6, 2007
Hi Helen,

I too hope you managed to get a good night sleep and that Alan is ok.

Sending you a big (((((hug))))

Love
Michele
xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I know this sounds strange but I can't remember last night:confused: I woke up this morning with a strange throat and have lost my voice. It is feeling a little better now. We've both just rested all morning, had lunch and am now going to continue to rest.

Hospital for CT scan tomorrow. Alan is still between seeming ok and then seeming quite ill. I don't know what to think or feel so I'm not thinking or feeling. Just waiting until Tuesday when I should know how to react.

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
What a feeling of limbo, Helen. It sounds as if you`re shutting down until you know the facts.
And now to add to your troubles you too are under par. :(