I am at breakdown today

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Lynne,

Don't worry you haven't said anything inappropriate:) I think you are great and I love to see your posts whether to me or anyone else.

I'll probably wake up tomorrow and none of it will be true;) I can't get over how unreal it all seems. How can it be possible when Alan walked 4 or 5 miles a couple of Sunday's ago?

Love x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
The pictures are so wonderful. It's so hard to believe things are as they are. Take care. Izzy x

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Dear Helen

Can't stop thinking about you and lovely Alan - He is so lucky to have you caring for him.

Lots of love

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I keep looking at the photos and looking at Alan and I think it must be all a big mistake.

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
I keep looking at the photos and looking at Alan and I think it must be all a big mistake.

No wonder Helen. How can anything possibly be wrong with someone who looks the picture of health? He is amazing on all the photos you post. He looks vigorous, full of life and so happy.

I'm so sorry

Vonny xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Helen

Your photos are so lovely but poignant, and have brought tears to my eyes. So much happiness on your faces, who would know.
I think it must be all a big mistake.
I wish.
Love xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Helen, I do hope this is all a big mistake too!
I remember Alan swinging on the kitchen cabinets like a 16 yr old! - with such a twinkle in his eye. It is hard to believe your latest news is real.

I hope you are ok today. Love Jan

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Good morning Helen,
The pictures are gorgeous, How lovely to have such happy pictures. The area looks lovely with the river and the barges. Just beautiful. How are you both this morning I am thinking about you both and sending you some big hugs. Take care

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Helen have not been able to log in for a couple of days, so shocked, cannot believe how quickly these things happen , hope Alan is feeling better today, are you ok, will look out for an update when you have a min lots of love to you both pam

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Alan seemed fine first thing this morning so I got him up, washed, dressed and breakfasted. He has slept most of the day and I think he looks a little jaundiced. Just after lunch I got a call from the hospital saying that they want to see Alan at 9am next Tuesday but he will be called in for a CT scan before then. They said he could be called in for a scan tomorrow. I would have never believed it would be that quick - less than 24 hours.

I have just put Alan in bed because he seems so tired.

Crossroads have said that if I need anything I only need to ring. They said they can offer me any extra care that I need. I said I wanted to keep the current arrangements in place and we will review it weekly from now on. They said if I wanted to come to their office and have a chat and a coffee I would be very welcome.

Everyone is totally shocked.

Love

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Helen
So sorry to read how poorly Alan is. Not much more I can add as everyone has already said it but I will send you a big hug xxx

Love Julie xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Helen...

It is so difficult to believe.

Alan has always been so active and disbelief is inevitable.

They're moving quickly on the clinical side which is good..at least you're not being kept hanging around waiting for answers.

Glad to hear you have unlimited Crossroads support.

Sending you love

xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Everyone is totally shocked
I can well believe it Helen.
No signs, no symptoms, a sprightly man, cutting bread for the birds, sweeping the autumn leaves, putting his animals to bed, enjoying life, happy, whistling, playing his guitar, his harmonica.
And then he came down with a bit of a chest infection.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
The CT Scan people phoned and we will be going there on Monday at 11.45 am. They said they would send the results immediately to the Respiratory Clinic for the appointment the following day. The CT Scan people said that the GP had requested this.

Alan has slept nearly all day but he has just got up and he seems to have a better colour and although he is confused, he seems quite chirpy.

Love