FAQs

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
See post 14!!!
@nitram

Must have missed that, I've been chasing preferences all the time.

Anyway the registered email is unique to TP so I've switched it's arrival sound and notification area mini popup that says from and subject well and truly 'off'.

On the old site I used it to alert me to a TP PM even if my browser was not open, I did not get many so it was not a disturbance.

Now I've only got envelope and flag viewable when I on TP as notification

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Thanks @nitram

1. I'll look into the issues on Calendar

2. The issue with older posts has been fixed

3. When you say emails - @Saffie are you referring to the system sending you an email for every alert? Have you tried changing your alert preferences? Members who are regularly logging in might choose to limit alerts to prevent being overloaded. Let me know if this issue persists.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
When you say emails - @Saffie are you referring to the system sending you an email for every alert?
Yes
Have you tried changing your alert preferences?
Yes, with no effect the emails still keep coming.
Members who are regularly logging in might choose to limit alerts to prevent being overloaded
It's not the alerts that niggle me, it's the resulting emails.
Let me know if this issue persists.
Sure will.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury

My issue was that 'find all threads by nitram' as opposed to 'find content by nitram' was not finding my threads.
It still isn't, it just gets one thread I started and then lisst other posts in threads I did not start.

2017-09-27_173326.png

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Thanks @nitram

1. I'll look into the issues on Calendar

3. When you say emails - @Saffie are you referring to the system sending you an email for every alert? Have you tried changing your alert preferences? Members who are regularly logging in might choose to limit alerts to prevent being overloaded. Let me know if this issue persists.

Kind of you to answer for me Nitram.
Yes, I am getting reams and teams of emails every time I turn the iPad on.
Yes, I have deleted the email and even alert notification options on my profile.
I have removed the tick for the alert and email options at the bottom of every thread each time.
Why are they set at checked rather than allowing members to opt in rather than opt out?
Even so, the option reverts to being ticked anyway.
I never had this problem with the test.
I have now gone to Watched threads under the blue Forum heading and it enables me to see a list of all my watched threads -every thread I have read is there!
I have now ticked every one and gone to the options below and ticked no emails.
I await the result with trepidation!

Last edited:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
@nitram
@SerenaS

That last seems to have sorted it. No email for the red flag alert from Nitram.
Whew!
I don’t understand why are others not having the same problem if the default position is alerts and emails on.

Tomorrow I will see about having alerts from those threads I used to have emails from on the old site which were PMs, the Meetup and retreat sub forum and my On the Road alone thread which I rarely use anyway.
For now I just enjoy the peace! Not that emails sound on my iPad.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
@Saffie
Just done some testing
Some, but not all, emails have stopped.
Will play around a bit more

Are you still email- less?

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
What 'last' ?

At the risk of speaking to soon.I think mine might have stopped.

Perhaps divine intervention?

The last 4 lines ofwhich I have now changed to bold.
No email nor alert on flag for that last post so something has changed.
I actually want red flag alerts on relevant threads though so will try later.
I just don’t need to be told about every thread I visit!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I'm back to where I was.
It won't let me disable emails when there alerts on a thread I started.
I'll leave it a bit to confirm this and report my finding - assuming I have anything more or less conclusive!

@Saffie

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
My emails are quiet now!
When I go another thread that wasn’t on that list it may start all over again though.
Time will tell, try going on one, I'm sure you can dream up something to say!

Post a joke if all else fails.

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
My issue was that 'find all threads by nitram' as opposed to 'find content by nitram' was not finding my threads.
It still isn't, it just gets one thread I started and then lisst other posts in threads I did not start.

2017-09-27_173326.png

Hi @nitram

To confirm - do you mean that 'find all threads by nitram' is taking you to threads you participated in AND started, rather than just threads that you've started?

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Hi @nitram

To confirm - do you mean that 'find all threads by nitram' is taking you to threads you participated in AND started, rather than just threads that you've started?

It takes me to a list of threads.
The first thread I started.
The remainder are started by other members, look at the avatars and 'thread started by....' in the thread summary

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
@SerenaS
It's not only the list of threads started by myself that's strange, here's a little screengrab of the start of your list.

2017-09-28_100433.png

Chemmy

Nov 7, 2011
Yorkshire
I have the same in Interact/ Find all threads by Chemmy

Five other random threads, all started in the first week in May

and no new threads, started by me, apparently, between 26 April 2017 and today. I don't start many new threads on the open forum, admittedly, but I can see I did start a new weekly chat thread on the 29 May, so it's not picked that one up.

Last edited: