A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks for posting the link to Ayurvedic massage Izzy. I'm not good with links using an iPad.

Thanks also for the link to Indian cuisine.

Dhiren made wonderful dishes and everyone who ate with us said they would never feel the same again about Indian restaurant food. He blended his own spices via trial and error. No one taught him to cook but because he was a foodie he had a good palate . He had no recipes and every meal was different, according to his mood.

Once I'd used up his blend of spices up I could never capture his flavourings again but my palate is not as sophisticated so I buy ready made jars of Thai curry paste which I like the best.

We were hoping to go out this afternoon but are on the hotel balcony instead. My back is very sore , there is still no visible bruising so it must all be internal.

Hopefully we can go a bit later.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
For some reason I am not able to scroll the photos sideways as Nitram suggests though with a combination of both sets, I sort of get the picture - along with a slightly askew neck! :D

Are you able to get help for your pain if it doesn't improve Sylvia.
It's just occurred to me that a number of people go to India for hip and knee replacements.
So, how about fitting one into your itinerary?! ;)
Have a peaceful day.x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am envious of your activities yesterday and to hear you are meeting some lovely people. Sorry about your back though so glad to hear you are resting now.

Nitram managed to post the pictures for you but I agreed I would clear with you first whether you wanted me to turn the ones you (or Helen) posted. We both agreed it better if the originals were corrected! I think to see them twice is fine :)

I will be in Paris along with Sue on your wedding anniversary so both of us will raise a glass with tender thoughts of Dhiren.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"For some reason I am not able to scroll the photos sideways as Nitram suggests..."

Scroll down to bottom of post and click or drag, then scroll back up to image you wish to view.

Attachments

• 2015-03-05_084747.jpg
    2015-03-05_084747.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 392

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
We rested on our balconies this morning. It was very hot. My back was sore and I struggled to get up and sit down.

I was bored. I couldn't really be ill if I was bored. Helen didn't feel too marvellous either but neither of us wanted to stay indoors all day and all evening.

We decided to go for a short walk and see how we felt.

We passed a restaurant and decided to go for a drink. We had lunch. Helen had cheese and spinach balls which were delicious. I had fruit salad. We both had Ayurvedic tea.

We both felt better so decided on a tuk tuk to the Triveni Ghat.

What a wonderful experience we had.

I really don't know where to start so much happened. I will collect my thoughts and see if I can post later. .

Last edited:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That's good news Sylvia. I'm glad you both felt well enough to continue your adventures!

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Here I am reporting from my bed as I have Delhi belly:rolleyes: However, as I am naturally positive, I see it as a great blessing that we were able to experience the afternoon with no mishaps until the end of the trip.

The tuk tuk driver said he would pick us up at whatever time we wanted. We wanted to witness the Aarti Ceremony which finished at 6.30pm so we arranged it so that he would pick us back up at 6.30pm.

We met two young Indian men who were teachers. We asked about a ceremony for Dhiren on the 23rd and one of them gave us his card as he said he would ask his brother if he was free to do it. I think his brother must be a holy man. I will ring him later in the week.

It was Holi and we were welcomed to participate - hence our colours:D. We bought baskets of flowers with candles in for the people on TP who have been recently bereaved. We sent three on their journey as we thought of you.

The Aarti Ceremony was very moving. Again we were welcomed to join in. As the ceremony took hold we both were fighting tears as we thought of Dhiren and how much he would have enjoyed it.

Suddenly I experienced a dreadful pain in my back and then my stomach. We were sitting on some steps. I told Sylvia I needed to get up and start getting back. When we looked up we saw our driver waiting for us. He was a very nice man. I told him I needed the toilet and he said he would take me. We had to drive through a very poor area and he stopped at what looked like a temple or ashram. As I approached the wrought iron gates I saw a bed in the passage with an old man laying on it. Fortunately the driver came to my aid and showed me where to go in there. I felt I was back in biblical times. Anyway the toilet again was clean.

So we arrived back at our hotel with paint all over us:D. Everyone here smiled and said "happy Holi. This day which was going to be uneventful turned out to be absolutely marvellous.

Love. P.S. I've put a video of the Aarti Ceremony on Facebook

Attachments

• India1March5th.jpg
    India1March5th.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 382
  • India2March5.jpg
    India2March5.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 445
  • Indiacopy3March5th.jpg
    Indiacopy3March5th.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 438
Last edited by a moderator:

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
A few more

Attachments

• India4March5th.jpg
    India4March5th.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 425
  • India6March5th.jpg
    India6March5th.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 429
  • India7March5th.jpg
    India7March5th.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 432
Last edited by a moderator:

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
This morning

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 444
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 451
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 410

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hi Helen,
Just to say I am in midst of rotating your pics and having trouble with just one of them. Will reinstate asap.
Lovely to see them all - its wonderful to be part of it - thanks for sharing so much.:):)

I keep getting violation messages - so will give it a rest. Maybe Nitram will add them separately. I was hoping to rotate and resize the originals.

Sorry!!! Hope you sleep well.

Last edited:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Is it image4 with a different aspect ratio?
I can do it if you want me to.
Saffie now has software to do a batch rotate/resize and knows the size to fit the screen!!!!

Attachments

• 2015-03-05_152655.jpg
    2015-03-05_152655.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 413

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Was it image4 ?

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 409
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 386
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 376
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 399

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
No image 3 but I did finally manage it but it took ages! Then when I went on to 4, 5 and 6 I had the same messages. So glad you took over! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.