A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Izzy I must have posted the wrong 3 pictures. Those first three were yesterdays. I will try again

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh dear. I didn't notice. Sorry. I won't be able to do any more now. I need to get moving!!

mulhuis

Mar 27, 2009
Kent
Wow, every morning I cannot wait to login to see your new posts. Every day is like living the dream with you.
Terry xx

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Thanks izzy . Don't worry about the rest . I'm sure all TPers are acrobatic.

The thing is Sylvia, looking at it on the tablet even if you turn the tablet round the picture soon follows so the acrobatics have to be fast:D;).

It really is a privelege to share yours and Helen's journey and lovely to read that you are so warmly welcomed and looked after:)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I know what you mean Sue. :)

Living the dream is just what it is Terry.

So we sat on the veranda patio area chatting, posting on TP and Facebook and replying to emails, at peace with the world.

My eyes were tired from using the iPad in such bright sunlight so the time was right for some meditation.

I sat for a while, at one with my breathing and was brought back to reality by Helen saying ' Don't turn round Sylvia. Just get up very slowly and walk to your room.' I opened my eyes and glanced sideways. There sitting on the wall, just a few inches away , was a full sized monkey, staring straight at me.

I did as I was told, not forgetting to take hold of my iPad, my kindle and my glasses first and slowly and quietly we walked towards our rooms. Monkey was not pleased. I heard a thump and a thud and thought he was crashing against one of our doors. I bolted my door as if my life depended on it.

Later , when all was quiet, we went downstairs. The celebrations seemed to be over unless they were continuing elsewhere. We were told there was a restaurant open nearby, so all India was not closed. We then enjoyed a delicious lunch.

It's now ten past five and we are resting.

flowerpot

Jul 27, 2010
Rural North Northumberland
This is all so wonderful and I'm loving every moment. I'm making sure that I log in at least once a day to try and catch up :)

You both seem to be well looked after by everyone. Hoping that your back is feeling a bit better Sylvia and that your Delhi belly is ok now Helen.

I wouldn't have liked a monkey that close to me either and I too would have locked the door the windows, everything :eek:

The photos are wonderful even if I have to stand on my head to see them properly :D:p

Enjoy your evening ladies xxxx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
The photos are wonderful even if I have to stand on my head to see them properly :D:p

Enjoy your evening ladies xxxx

I have visions of all of TP standing on their heads to look at the photos :D

Sounds like you are both having the time and care you deserve. :)

How exciting to get so close to the wildlife :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"... looking at it on the tablet even if you turn the tablet round the picture soon follows so the acrobatics have to be fast"

There should be an 'orientation lock' or 'rotation lock' somewhere to stop this happening, typical ICON shown.

I think all images have been rotated, if not post either the image URL(s) or the post number in this thread with first/second/... to identify the image(s) and I'll do the rotation and post the result.

Attachments

• 2015-03-06_130155.jpg
    2015-03-06_130155.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 365

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I wonder if Jan or Nitram can turn the photos please. Do you think you will get fed up with a month of daily photos?

The monkey didn't want us, it wanted our breakfast leftovers of butter and jam:D. After Sylvia was safely indoors I heard the crash and bang and the monkey was opening my bin which is kept outdoors. I won't tell you details of what it ran off with all tied up in a nappy bag:D:eek::D. It probably won't bother us any more now it thinks we have a horrible diet:D

We went down the hill to another restaurant that was open. When I say restaurant they are nothing like western restaurants. They are more like tavernas. The smells coming from this one were divine. The kitchen was outdoors in a type of shed with mesh sides to keep the monkeys out. We ordered Thali which is a mixed platter of indian food and it was delicious.

It has been a very different day today as we were happily content with what we had local to us. I saw many birds I didn't recognise. I tried to photograph them but I think I need the assistance of TP's Sarah;)

Love

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 425
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 457
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 427

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
These should all now fit nicely to width.(For reference ex post 1575)

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 397
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 404
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I have just caught up with your news and photos, and can only echo what others have said. It is wonderful of you to share with us and it feels like we are there with you. I am impatient all day until I can come here! You are giving many TPers some lovely times! :):):):):):) Thanks ladies x

Everyone sounds so friendly and welcoming and it is lovely that you are both included in everything. Such a happy atmosphere.

It is so dully, cloudy, cold here, I can almost feel the warmth of India when I read your posts, see your photos.... and the colours! Why do people in Britain wear dark, dull colours in winter?! When I had mobility and was out and about I always made sure I had a bright red or yellow umbrella for rainy days!

I hope your back is easing, Sylvia, and pleased for you that it is not restricting you too much getting out and about. Also hope your tummy has improved Helen.

Hopefully the monkeys keep their distance. I don’t think I’d mind the small ones but not a full sized one! :eek: Even the little ones I’d not like at too close quarters!

I’m going to click on Helen’s link to the video, then later shall be looking at all the photos yet again!

May your evening be to your choosing, rest well and enjoy.

Love
Loo xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Loo for taking such an interest.

When we paid for our evening meal tonight, we told the owner how much we had enjoyed today. He was so pleased. He said the best times in India are Holi and Divali. Weren't we lucky to have picked one of them purely by chance.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
We'd had no breakfast and when he saw we were preparing to find somewhere to eat, the cafe owner told us to go to our rooms and ' because you are English and like mothers to me ' he would have breakfast sent up.
Do you know, I just can't get the Marigold hotel out of my mind when reading your posts. Especially those words!
I'm sure it's not at all like that but I'm so glad I've seen the film because it's helping my vision of you there and I can practically hear the sounds and feel the atmosphere.

This is a wonderful experience for us all! x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It's not like Marigold Hotel Saffie, but in some ways it is, if you know what I mean.

The owners/managers/staff at the hotel and cafe are so friendly and so willing to help in any way, it's something which is making our stay even more special.

Status
Not open for further replies.