A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm so glad that you are still managing to get out and about Sylvia. What wonderful pictures you both look so happy-probably because you can feel Dhiren's presence? A lovely date to scatter Dhiren's ashes-well thought out I would say.

You are both doing Dhiren proud; resilient, open minded and adventurous.

Keep your posts coming dear ladies. They are just so interesting.

Love to you both

Lyn T XX

geum123

May 20, 2009
Thank you so much for sharing this experience with us Sylvia and Helen.
I'm enjoying it immensely.:):)

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Lovely to see your pictures:) Dhiren would be so proud of you:) Good to read your day out has not been impaired by your fall. Onwards you go, can't wait for the next installment:)

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
That's a BIG, fat monkey sitting on the structure of the bridge above Helen :eek:

How rotten to fall and hurt yourself but a relief that things weren't worse.
Hope your aches and pain heal quickly, Sylvia.

The restaurant overlooking The Ganges sounds amazing...just amazing. I bet you have to pinch each other all day, such a wonderful adventure.

Googled Triveni Ghat...it looks to be an even more beautiful and special place.
Bathing there is very special too, so take your cossies when you do a recce. :)

Triveni Ghat: A confluence of three holy important rivers; The Ganges, The Yamuna and The Saraswathy.

Take care girls. Loving your photos, updates and sharing such an adventure by proxy. XXX

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Glad the fall wasn't worse, Sylvia. Scattering the ashes on your wedding anniversary sounds perfect.

How frustrating you can't eat salad, Helen. Does that go for fresh fruit also? I couldn't bear to go without fresh fruit.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
I'm sorry about your fall Sylvia. If I didn't know you better I'd tell you to take more water with it ;). I'm glad it wasn't more serious and that it doesn't seem to be hampering you too much.

I'm enjoying your pictures - keep them coming. And thanks to nitram for helping with that crick in my neck :).

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Sorry you lost your post, Sylvia, very frustrating for you.

Thanks Nitram for sorting the photos.

Great photos, and updates. Thank you very much to both of you for sharing your adventure with us. Lovely to meet and chat to such friendly people.

You look so relaxed and happy, Sylvia, I am pleased you were almost pain free when walking, that your fall has not deterred you from getting out and about.

I remember doing similar in Paris, a bad ankle sprain, very swollen. A pharmacist bound it up for me, told me to rest it in the hotel. No way! And miss a whole day seeing places on foot I had long wanted to absorb?!

Scattering Dhiren’s ashes on the day of your wedding anniversary is very special.

You could benefit from an Ayurvedic massage.

Helen your description of 'mindful walking' fascinates me.

A pity you are not allowed to eat salad, but hope you had an enjoyable tasty dinner.

With love to both
Loo xx

Last edited:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I somehow missed your post about when you will scatter Dhiren's ashes Sylvia. The Edinburgh meet up starts on March 23rd. We'll all be together and will be able to think of you and this very special ceremony. I'm glad I'll be sharing thoughts with other TPers that day. x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh its a lovely thought Izzy to know quite a few TPers will be together and thinking of us when we scatter Dhiren's ashes.

I plan to have an Ayurvedic massage but not yet, I feel too sore.

I feel tired this morning , probably after two very full days and Helen said she's tired too so we'll take it easy this morning at least.

Gwen, Helen may fancy a dip in the Ganges but not me. I'm no swimmer and even though the river was calm yesterday, the current was swift and there were whorls of current dotted on the surface, just as if stones had been tossed in.

Thanks for so much interest and encouragement. TPers are so generous of spirit. Xx

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Hi Sylvia I am sorry you are feeling so sore and hope it gets better soon,

It's nice that a few of us will be together and thinking of you as you scatter Dhirens ashes, we will be with you in spirit xx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Dibs

Jun 19, 2009
Hampshire
I always have my breakfast around 5.45am before I get ready to go swimming and it's lovely logging onto TP and reading what your plans are for the day ahead. I hope you both have a restful morning and your soreness eases soon Sylvia.
Love the photos. :) Dibs (Deborah) xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I hope you have a restful morning and are soon ready for that massage. I love massages. I've just remembered I had one when we were in Jaisalmer. It was a bit if a different experience! I had to strip off totally which isn't something that happens when you get a massage back home! It was a lovely massage. I don't know which oils she used but I remember thinking I smelled of curry afterwards! Bill had some kind of head massage. I chose that as it said it helped the memory!:rolleyes:

I checked your your kind of massage and it sounds lovely. I hope you don't mind me putting this link as I thought others might wand to know what it is.

Take care. x

http://www.serenity-holistictreatments.com/pages/what-is-ayurvedic-massage.php

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Sarah asked what a singing bowl was. Well Sylvia and I have been in stitches watching this back:D
Sorry folks but the video is too large even though we've shortened it to 15 seconds:rolleyes:

I will try to put it on facebook

Love

Last edited:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sarah asked what a singing bowl was. Well Sylvia and I have been in stitches watching this back:D
Sorry folks but the video is too large even though we've shortened it to 15 seconds:rolleyes:

I will try to put it on facebook

Love

Have you out your video onto YouTube? Once you've done that you can put the YouTube link here.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Status
Not open for further replies.