Virtual Christmas thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SophieD

Mar 21, 2018
London
It's no secret that this has been a difficult year, especially for people affected by dementia. With restrictions tightening and more people spending the Christmas period away from loved ones, we wanted to create a space where you can support each other during this time. If you are finding the holidays difficult, or you’re struggling, you are not the only one.

As well as Dementia Talking Point which is available day and night, the Dementia Connect Support Line is also here to offer support and a listening ear if you need to talk to someone directly. You can find out here when the Support Line will be open over the Christmas and New Year period.

Please do post on the community if you need support during the holidays. We're here for you.

Wishing you all a peaceful Christmas,

Sophie, Serena, Harriet, Shel and Saun
The Dementia Talking Point Team

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Wishing every one a peaceful and safe Christmas. It might not have been the best of years, but there is a little light on the horizon with the vaccine being rolled out. They'll always be someone here to 'talk' to if things get too much.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
happy christmas to everyone and thanks for all the support ive recieved since march when i joined. it will be 2 years since weve been dealing with it after a mini stroke. i wouldnt have known any information or what needed doing. the support kept me going through all the pain ive suffered and that horrible weekend in august. lets hope the new year brings progress of this pandemic and families can be brought back together again.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Wishing everyone a peaceful and safe Christmas and hopefully a better start to the new year.
The Dementia Talking Point is always here for all it’s friends and members

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
My very best wishes for a calm Christmas. We are all here as usual, willing to listen, advise, support or just to chat. Many of us have had plans cancelled but DTP is still there for us.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Seasons greetings to all, especially those forced to spend Christmas alone (like me. Sorry - feeling a bit miz and sorry for myself today)

But also to all those who are not alone but feel as though they are - a special good wish to you good people xx

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Christmas here is not as we were expecting it. I was expecting both of our children and their families to be with us over the days originally allowed during Christmas. Now, no-one can come as its too far to travel here and back in one day, one of the grandchildren has tested positive for covid and now we are in tier four.
So, just OH and and me and enough food to feed eight........

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
Christmas here is not as we were expecting it. I was expecting both of our children and their families to be with us over the days originally allowed during Christmas. Now, no-one can come as its too far to travel here and back in one day, one of the grandchildren has tested positive for covid and now we are in tier four.
So, just OH and and me and enough food to feed eight........
Our beautiful chubby two year old tested positive!
All the adults who had been socially distancing responsibility had been cuddling the beautiful toddler!
We think we have had ‘new Covid’ with the weird sneezing at the end ?

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
I hadnt heard that new covid had weird sneezing
Three of us had it.
Just when you near the ten days ‘rejoin society’ this aggressive sneezing starts.
you won’t hear about it as there is no mechanism to report it !

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
is it as bad as the former one?
I felt truly terrible.

We believe the reason the body creates a high temperature is that the invading virus dislikes and doesn’t perform as well in the higher temperatures, in other words nature’s way of fighting the virus. For this reason we never take paracetamol based products which artificially lower the body temperature. For the first time in my life I actually thought ‘ I don’t care ! Let the virus breakdance ! just get me some pain relief now!!!

We had worked hard all year to achieve weight loss in case of infection so perhaps didn’t suffer as badly as some.

Two of the three had no temperature at all ! Terrible neck and head pain for me, I felt like a felled tree. An assortment of symptoms between us, chest pain being the least popular!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I’m so sorry to read of your family’s covid @Weasell It is all so frightening I for one am relieved to be spending Christmas alone.

Sending love and best wishes to everyone for a virus free healthy Christmas

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
I’m so sorry to read of your family’s covid @Weasell It is all so frightening I for one am relieved to be spending Christmas alone.

Sending love and best wishes to everyone for a virus free healthy Christmas
Wishing you all a safe and happy Christmas !

Knowing mum will get her 2nd jab on the 11 January is wonderful!
We are all close to freedom ! Just a little longer !

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
Sorry to hear that @Weasell , but I hope your are all on the mend now.
@canary what a pain. I hope you can freeze some of the food or find a foodbank or similar that could use it.
1608830556243.jpeg
Or eat it all????

Status
Not open for further replies.