Virtual Christmas thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I hope you won’t become that little fat canary @canary. ?

Sorry you’re another whose plans for Christmas are spoilt My son live a five minute walk from me but I’m not chancing it After being so careful since March I really don’t want to fall at the last hurdle.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Wishing everyone a peaceful Christmas. Sorry you have had a hard time of it @Weasell and @canary.
We had our traditional Christmas Eve lunch out, but C's daughter could not make it due to a stomach bug. C is now knackered from the excitement and the sugary dessert playing havoc with her diabetes. Still, she got out for the first time in two months.

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
It's my wife's second care home Christmas but this year I can't be there to join in with the festivities. I did manage to keep her engaged for 45 minutes on a distanced visit earlier today. The Cosy Christmas bag containing gifts did its job in getting her attention. She is kept safe, looked after and very obviously loved by the staff. That will do for me. Wishing all the best to my friends and everyone else on Dementia Talking Point.

20201223_210131-1.jpg

Last edited:

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Christmas tree is finally up, turkey is in the oven. Im just having a quick cuppa before getting OH up.

Happy Christmas everyone

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Glad to hear that you slept @jennifer1967 :)

Today will be difficult, and different from what was planned, for many of us but best wishes to all, wherever you are and however you will be spending it.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Glad to hear that you slept @jennifer1967 :)

Today will be difficult, and different from what was planned, for many of us but best wishes to all, wherever you are and however you will be spending it.
thanks louise7 after crying in pain the night before, had regular hot water bottles as well. i must have knocked something when i fell down to make it worse

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Aaaargh!!!! Nooooooooo

I was all organised (I thought). I put the turkey in the oven and, as we have a double oven, switched on the upper one so that I could treat myself to a croissant. I have just discovered that when I took the croissant out of the oven I switched the wrong oven off !!!!!!!
So the top oven, which is empty, is nice and hot and the bottom oven, which has the turkey in it, is cold..........

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
Aaaargh!!!! Nooooooooo

I was all organised (I thought). I put the turkey in the oven and, as we have a double oven, switched on the upper one so that I could treat myself to a croissant. I have just discovered that when I took the croissant out of the oven I switched the wrong oven off !!!!!!!
So the top oven, which is empty, is nice and hot and the bottom oven, which has the turkey in it, is cold..........
You have had every year in your life to make that mistake!
and you pick the one year that no guests will be at your table, holding knives and forks, with empty plates and sad faces?
I call that excellent planning!
well done !

( I hope to take a photo of the robot cat when it gets opened later!)

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Happy Christmas everyone.
I’m up, breakfasted, opened presents, now eating shortbread ( one of the presents) and drinking wine!
Nothing like starting early! But I have no visitors, nothing else to bother about! So why not? Soon I shall be lighting the woodburner and possibly starting one of my new jigsaws!

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
Happy Christmas to all of you ? ? ? .
For me it is a day like the others, no decorations , no presents, no expectations ( so no disappointments ).
But despite I am pretending it is all ok, I am not sure it actually is .

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
im sorry margherita, im lucky but it cant be good to know your husband doesnt know and no decs. can you do something that you enjoy? i find music is good for lifting the mood and do dance around the room which also helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.