Virtual Christmas thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
im sorry margherita, im lucky but it cant be good to know your husband doesnt know and no decs. can you do something that you enjoy? i find music is good for lifting the mood and do dance around the room which also helps.
As soon as I manage to persuade him to go to have a nap ( which seems to be unlikely this afternoon) I will watch a Christmas movie on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video.
Otherwise I will have to bear him breathing under my neck until bedtime

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Beach walk for me and the hound. A little busier than last year and a higher tide but still plenty of space.

20201225_115541.jpg

Thethirdmrsc

Apr 4, 2018
Wishing everyone a peaceful Christmas and new year. I was lucky today to spend it with daughters in our bubble, for tomorrow we lockdown. Goodness knows what 2021 will bring us.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Wishing everyone a peaceful Christmas and new year. I was lucky today to spend it with daughters in our bubble, for tomorrow we lockdown. Goodness knows what 2021 will bring us.
happy christmas, glad you enjoyed your day with your daughters. we go into tier 4 tomorrow. we were on our own today,

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Well, thats that.
OH is in bed now and I can unwind. The turkey ended up fine - I just had OH saying "what time is dinner?" over and over. He does need his routine and found Christmas this year particularly difficult (sigh)
We had a zoom meeting with the children and their families, which was lovely, but seeing the little picture of OH and I it struck me for the first time that he looked old, had a very blank expression and did not join in the conversation at all.

Im now totally stuffed - I definitely feel like that fat canary!
Not cooking tomorrow - we can pick at leftovers, theres lots of them!.

I hope you all had the best Christmas possible
xx

JaynieO

Oct 17, 2020
My Mum passed this afternoon. She had been in a care home since September. Luckily we spoke on Skype this morning and this afternoon I was allowed to see her in person and kiss her goodbye. See you later alligator. ❤️

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m sending condolences to you @JaynieO I`m glad you were able to be with your mum.

I understand how seeing your OH ` from the outside` @canary was a shock. We live with dementia in the same way we don`t see our children grow. Then something causes us to see them as others see them and it can be a shock.

The big day is over now. Was it worth all the soul searching and compromises? The next few weeks will show if enough care has been taken for a single day.

My family arrived at the door, all five of them, singing `We wish you a nmerry Christmas` before their seaside walk. A lovely fun surprise. They said the seaside was busy because it was such a fine day. I hope it wasn`t too busy.

SophieD

Mar 21, 2018
London
Thank you everyone for participating in our Virtual Christmas thread.

This thread will now be closed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SAF 27