Tonight I actually snapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
Yeah a good looking plonker, cause your better looking the Omar. Your a tp er. lol. Missed my art club today had to catch up with mums ironing and boring stuff in doors:(. Shattered can't wait to get in that car on Monday. Hope your not suffering to much Dave, I had the 4 out one I was younger. Keep your chin up lindax

Hi Linda

I agree with you on your first statement (well of course I would) :D

After my tooth removal I could not answer the phone so work was put on hold, hopefully tomorrow I can get back to work

So today, I too, did the clothes washing, 3 loads, hung out, lovely drying day and then ironed the lot this afternoon, so I have nothing to do this weekend with the exception of steaming the downstairs floors and the weekly shop

It never seems to stop, does it?

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Sounds northern, what a refreshing post. Your Mum must be so relieved to have your help and support and hopefully your Dad will benefit from the alternative ways of coping with him that you are introducing.

Sorry Dave didn't mean to hijack your stream.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
Welcome to the den, SN.:)
Dave, you plonker, do you have a soup whizzer in the house, you know a magic wand stick thing, you could have whizzed the soup in that. Oh well.:rolleyes:

i have had an unsatisfactory day. i am trying to do this thing of having one day 'off' visiting mum a week, so that was today, but I am so tired i spent the day in, mainly just trying to wade through piles of paperwork, mainly for mum and of course feel guilty I didn't go in. i just seemed to have been faffing around all day, ho hum.:rolleyes: I have now eaten all magnums in site and am heading back into the kitchen for further foraging expedition. Not a good day.

Dave, seriously, do the salt water thing, an infection is horrid and you will resemble a hamster with blown out cheeks rather than Omar if you don't.

Do you want to see a pic of me the last time I had an infection because of my tooth, I have had two infections hence I had to get it removed

The pic I took is not a nice pic of me, in fact I look 20 years older than actually I do now, unshaven and a face like a hamster storage pouch. I had the infection for 2 weeks before I went to the doctors, who went barmy with me for leaving it so long to get antibiotics

I am not proud of the pic but when I look at it, no one else has seen it, I feel what a plonker I was for leaving it so long before going to the docs

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
Sounds northern, what a refreshing post. Your Mum must be so relieved to have your help and support and hopefully your Dad will benefit from the alternative ways of coping with him that you are introducing.

Sorry Dave didn't mean to hijack your stream.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Absolutely do not mind whatsoever, I would like to think of my thread as, say what you like when you like and whatever you like, I have, I am in the middle of welcoming SoundsNorthern which I should post very shortly

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Glad it's all done, what do you think you'll get from the tooth fairy;), do do the salt water stuff. Teeth are a bit too near the brain to risk infection if it can be avoided:eek::rolleyes:

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
Hi Dave and all you carers, relatives or friends of Alzheimer's sufferers, this is my first post on TP and naturally happy/sad at some of the posts on here.

I have just returned home to Barnsley from Denmark to help my Mum with Dad, they are both 74 and my Mum just doesn't have the patience or strength to cope any more.

I have basically being assessing the situation for the first couple of weeks to see Mum's ways of coping and to be honest it is quite upsetting seeing and hearing her frustrations aimed at my Dad.

She is always very distraught after the temper subsides because she knows she has done wrong, but we are seeing a little light at the end of the tunnel in regards to my Mum getting time to herself and even getting out with friends for a couple of hours on an evening.

I have just about got my Dads trust to help him with certain things and my Mum is also giving me more responsibilities too.

Dave if you need anyone to talk to, let me know and anyone with tips and advice please let me know......I am going the whole hog on this if it is just to give my Mum her life back.

Hi SoundsNorthern and welcome to TP and my "Tonight I actually snapped" topic

How long has you Dad has the symptoms or diagnosis of AD (if that is what he has)?

I have read so many times where family members are shocked when they visit a sufferer and see the difference from what they remember that person to be some time ago

/AD creeps on up on you very slowly so if you are not around 24/7/365 it can be a shock to the system, however, if you are living with person 24/7/365 it creeps up on you so slowly over the years that it is impossible to really detect until you get to snapping point.

I started this topic as I got to snapping point after maybe 5 or 6 years of my wife's behaviour and reasoning and thought I was the one that had the problem as my wife kept telling me that there was nothing wrong with her so I started believing that I was the one going crazy.

So I did some research and found Talking Point (this forum) and read and read hundreds if not thousand of posts and every post I read rang alarm bells for me, this is what I am experiencing, this is what my wife is doing

Then it suddenly clicked, OMG, My wife is ill, she has a brain disease and there is no cure, no pills and no reversing this problem, she is going to die because of this disease in 2 years or 20 years but she is going to die from this disease

I have received so much support from members of Talking Point even though some are trying to cope as I am and others have the early onset of this terrible disease also offering advice and requesting help

So as you can see, there are a few groups of folk here, those wanting to know more information as they have just found out that a loved one has this disease, those of us (as I am) who are living and trying to cope with a loved one 24/7 with this disease and those that have the disease trying to help those that have it and those that are coping looking after a loved on with this disease

Yes, I have lost it on a few occasions, normally due to frustration, tiredness, anger, being confused, feeling helpless and above all not understanding

Sorry for the long post, I am only saying how my feeling have been and are at this time

If there is anything you need to know I am sure that if you pose your question here on Talking Point you will get a swift reply as there is always someone that has the answer, solution or advice to your question

I wish you all the best and I am sorry that you Dad is suffering as well as your Mum and yourself alike

Thinking of you

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
This is not said tongue in cheek but smoking has a profound effect of teeth/gum health, honestly.

Busy day still glad we are :cool: Sharon x

So does not going to the dentist for 5 years as I did because I am a big scaredy cat when it comes to dentists, always have been and I am sure always will be

OH, well, my next appointment will not be before 2019 I would imaginge :)

Am glad we are :cool: too

XxX

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
Glad it's all done, what do you think you'll get from the tooth fairy;), do do the salt water stuff. Teeth are a bit too near the brain to risk infection if it can be avoided:eek::rolleyes:

Tooth Fairy = Maybe another pillow on the sofa :)

Infection + Brain = That is what my doctor told me when I had two heads the last time I had to go to him through the infection

Now I have a hole in my upper Jaw big enough to keep a couple of chips in :)

Wolfsgirl

Oct 18, 2012
Nr Heathrow, Mum has AD & VD
Well done for getting over that fear today! I am sure it wasn't as bad as you feared?

Last time I went I was very scared because there was this little girl, a child (tongue in cheek) explaining stuff to me, probing, doing x rays etc. Even though she seemed so well informed she was so young and pretty she must have been wrong....

I have told my husband how gorgeous she is but he still won't go and reverse psychology just doesn't work - I am so the opposite, throw me a challenge and I will just prove you wrong matey! lol

So does not going to the dentist for 5 years as I did because I am a big scaredy cat when it comes to dentists, always have been and I am sure always will be

OH, well, my next appointment will not be before 2019 I would imaginge :)

Am glad we are :cool: too

XxX

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
Well done for getting over that fear today! I am sure it wasn't as bad as you feared?

Last time I went I was very scared because there was this little girl, a child (tongue in cheek) explaining stuff to me, probing, doing x rays etc. Even though she seemed so well informed she was so young and pretty she must have been wrong....

I have told my husband how gorgeous she is but he still won't go and reverse psychology just doesn't work - I am so the opposite, throw me a challenge and I will just prove you wrong matey! lol

OH yes it was, it was horrible, painful and a completely horrifying experience...

I arrived 20 minutes early thinking I could read the posters on the wall for those 20 minutes before plucking up the courage to into the "Room"

Well, dash and blast, the dentist was sitting at the counter with the receptionist and as I walked in said "The previous patient was a no show so you can come straight in"

I nearly died on the spot...

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
OOoohh sympathy, don't forget to keep dosed up with painkillers and warm heat pad on jaw to sleep on:)

I don't do tablets (man thing) but I did take 2 paracetamol this morning, had too...

Don't have a warm heat pad thingymebob to put on my jaw but I may let Zeus on the sofa this evening so I can use his warm belly. Do you think that would work just the same :D

Wolfsgirl

Oct 18, 2012
Nr Heathrow, Mum has AD & VD
[Sorry I shouldn't laugh but I DID! I had to go for a mammogram this morning and I am sure it was much worse than what you had done! :eek: I was first one in and it hurt so much especially the sideways one ...ouch!

Anyway I came away intact, unlike you, only have cats to cuddle and it is too hot tonight - keep cool and pain free x :cool:
QUOTE=Dave K;957288]OH yes it was, it was horrible, painful and a completely horrifying experience...

I arrived 20 minutes early thinking I could read the posters on the wall for those 20 minutes before plucking up the courage to into the "Room"

Well, dash and blast, the dentist was sitting at the counter with the receptionist and as I walked in said "The previous patient was a no show so you can come straight in"

I nearly died on the spot...[/QUOTE]

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
[Sorry I shouldn't laugh but I DID! I had to go for a mammogram this morning and I am sure it was much worse than what you had done! :eek: I was first one in and it hurt so much especially the sideways one ...ouch!

I am not saying that I am putting on weight but my doctor asked me when the last time I had a mammogram...

Only kidding...

Think I would rather have a tooth out :D

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
Me too! lol

She looked concerned when she looked at her screen too, but I was afraid to ask why - sure it is ok tho :D maybe she was just concentrating ...

Do they tell you the results there and then or is like other scans where you have to wait months for the information and / or letter?

Status
Not open for further replies.