Tonight I actually snapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfsgirl

Oct 18, 2012
Nr Heathrow, Mum has AD & VD
No problem just that Malomm's wife was not diagnosed either, but she is on Aricept (called something else beginning with Dio************- was just hoping maybe while you are waiting, Mrs Dave could at least (perhaps) not get any worse...Might be completely wrong about this but just thought it was worth mentioning.

:)

Good evening and my apologies for not answering your Post, thought I did them all (My Bad) :)

Nothing prescribed as there has not been a diagnosis :(

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
No problem just that Malomm's wife was not diagnosed either, but she is on Aricept (called something else beginning with Dio************- was just hoping maybe while you are waiting, Mrs Dave could at least (perhaps) not get any worse...Might be completely wrong about this but just thought it was worth mentioning.

Aricept is not recommended for fronto temporal dementia, I know Mrs D has no diagnosis but if this has been suggested/considered then Aricept would not be considered.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee

Aricept is also known as Donepezil. It's from a family of drugs called cholinesterase inhibitors.

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
I would not try to coin a name...it's vaguely distasteful.

Sorry but I just don't think it's a good idea to try to have some polling on an imaginary name.

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
I would not try to coin a name...it's vaguely distasteful.

Sorry but I just don't think it's a good idea to try to have some polling on an imaginary name.

Really!

I tried so hard to find a name that would not offend. To be honest I don't think it is even vaguely distasteful (IMHO).

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
I suggest you stop trying to make up names for your wife's condition.

Last edited:

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
I have rated your posts very highly in the past. Please do not tell me what I can or can not do on an open forum

I'm not telling you what you can or can't do, if I find you too offensive I will report your post.

I think you're treading on thin ice making a game of suggesting names to 'label' the agony the of a person who is enduring cognitive problems.

It's bad taste.

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
I'm not telling you what you can or can't do, if I find you too offensive I will report your post.

I think you're treading on thin ice making a game of suggesting names to 'label' the agony the of a person who is enduring cognitive problems.

It's bad taste.

I have enough to be honest

I will ask the forum moderators and/or administrators to delete my threads, you can be very nasty with your words. It is not only you that have problems and who are you to tell me that I can not say

'Ignoramus et ignorabimus' "we do not know and will not know"

How is that offensive to anyone

Go on report me (childish), have a nice evening

I'm Off

Don't bother replying I wont answer

NanLorac

May 14, 2012
Scotland
Hi Dave, I have not been on TP much other than Slimming club the past few months. I have skipped a few pages of your thread and I am so glad to read these later posts. It's great that the family is helping you out and it's good for you wife to spend time with her kids. It will also help them to understand where you are coming from when things get on top of you again.

My hubby is 63 and he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's about 15mths ago. It took 14mths to get him diagnosed and it was only after the spect scan that we got the diagnoses. That 1st year was hell and I feel there should be more help out there when you are waiting for the diagnoses. Cam is on Aricept and last Dec they put him on Memantine as well. You have to just hope that the medication is doing some good. We are about to move house and I have seen a big change the past few weeks and just hope after we are settled in the new house he will improve.

I went to a conference recently and a woman same age as me 59, sat on the stage and told everyone how she felt to be told at 57 that she had Allzheimer's. As she spoke I had tears running down my face and then she said that now she was living well with AD. I smiled and had such a warm feeling because I hope my husbanwould have said the same. I take him out all the time to different groups and he has made lots of new friends and carer support is great for me too.

We got Mitch our Yorkie 18mths ago. We had said we would never have another dog but I'm glad we did he is so much fun and has brought our house alive again. Zeus is a lovely dog and must give you so much pleasure

Take care, Carol X

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
I will reply though.

It's not childish to say if I find your posts offensive I will report it, it's childish to go off in a strop (once again) it's childish to say you welcome all views when what you really mean is 'if you agree with me'.

It's childish to even waste time trying to think of an insulting pseudo-intellectual googled phrase to describe the agony of dementia.

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
I have removed as much information as I possibly can and am waiting for this thread to be deleted

I have requested that this thread or at least my posts on this thread to be deleted

I am attacked everyday by my wife, I will not be attacked by a forum member just because she has had a bad day

I have given up am no longer interested on the Alzheimer's Society Talking Point forum

Status
Not open for further replies.