jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I hope it goes well at the dentist, big brave Mega man,

megamanamigurumi.jpg

SoyHJ

Mar 16, 2013
Dave is scared, always have been and always will

Me too! Always come out thinking it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be but still can't talk myself out of the nervousness beforehand! You'll be ok. x

Pottypeg

Aug 4, 2013
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Glad you're ok Dave, I was all over the place last night with various(non dementia related) things, so didn't have a chance to nag you, glad you sorted out the misunderstanding, as 2Jays said the written word is hard to interpret, no body language, must admit I got it wrong at first, hope your day goes well,give Zeus a pat for me and I will check in later.

Anne

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
My husband's name for dentists is Fang Snatchers, and I hope yours has been well and truly snatched and won't give you any more trouble Dave. Now you need to rest a bit, and give yourself a chance to get over it.

Raggedrobin

Jan 20, 2014
Have you got to do the horrid thing with rinsing with salt water, Dave? Yuk:D but do it, it's better than getting an infection.

dilne

Mar 1, 2014
Newcastle
Infection after wisdom tooth extraction. :confused:
Peace and quiet for all for the month it took to open my mouth again :D

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Talking Point mobile app

Last edited:

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen

Got a gob like a football and can only smile, forget eating solids tonight...

So, how is everyone?

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
It's good that you have the option of smiling..And now that's over, you can enjoy some lovely hot chocolate. I'm sure you won't want to put ANYTHING in your mouth for a while.:

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
Glad you're ok Dave, I was all over the place last night with various(non dementia related) things, so didn't have a chance to nag you, glad you sorted out the misunderstanding, as 2Jays said the written word is hard to interpret, no body language, must admit I got it wrong at first, hope your day goes well,give Zeus a pat for me and I will check in later.

Anne

Hi Anne

Hope you got all your (non dementia related) running around sorted out, don't we live extraordinary lives?

Yes, my fault last night which upset me to be honest, thinking of going to the GP myself and talking to him about anger management help as I think I need it as I am so paranoia as of late

I have given Zeus a pat on the head and a belly rub just for you :)

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
I hope it goes well at the dentist, big brave Mega man,

megamanamigurumi.jpg

My visit was eventful, I went, got knocked out and woke up 1 tooth less

Thank you for the cuddly, printed it out but was not the same as if it was in my hand :)

Never going to do that again, the next time a tooth needs to come out I am going to soak it in Cola for a week or two and let it rot away naturally

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
It's good that you have the option of smiling..And now that's over, you can enjoy some lovely hot chocolate. I'm sure you won't want to put ANYTHING in your mouth for a while.:

Just cooked dinner for 2 (Wife and son) they had grilled chicken thighs, boiled potatoes, Yorkshire puddings and three veg (carrots, peas and sweetcorn) and gravy

I on the other hand had soup, but I did a boo boo, I cooked a can of "Big Soup" which has large pieces of chicken and vegetables but as I can not open my mouth at all I used a straw

I bet you can guess what happened next...

Yep, whilst sucking the veg and chicken blocked up my straw immediately (at the bottom)

What a plonker I am.... :)

bilslin

Jan 17, 2014
hertforshire
Yeah a good looking plonker, cause your better looking the Omar. Your a tp er. lol. Missed my art club today had to catch up with mums ironing and boring stuff in doors:(. Shattered can't wait to get in that car on Monday. Hope your not suffering to much Dave, I had the 4 out one I was younger. Keep your chin up lindax

SoundsNorthern

Jul 4, 2014
Barnsley
Fellow Barnsley carer

Hi Dave and all you carers, relatives or friends of Alzheimer's sufferers, this is my first post on TP and naturally happy/sad at some of the posts on here.

I have just returned home to Barnsley from Denmark to help my Mum with Dad, they are both 74 and my Mum just doesn't have the patience or strength to cope any more.

I have basically being assessing the situation for the first couple of weeks to see Mum's ways of coping and to be honest it is quite upsetting seeing and hearing her frustrations aimed at my Dad.

She is always very distraught after the temper subsides because she knows she has done wrong, but we are seeing a little light at the end of the tunnel in regards to my Mum getting time to herself and even getting out with friends for a couple of hours on an evening.

I have just about got my Dads trust to help him with certain things and my Mum is also giving me more responsibilities too.

Dave if you need anyone to talk to, let me know and anyone with tips and advice please let me know......I am going the whole hog on this if it is just to give my Mum her life back.

Raggedrobin

Jan 20, 2014
Welcome to the den, SN.:)
Dave, you plonker, do you have a soup whizzer in the house, you know a magic wand stick thing, you could have whizzed the soup in that. Oh well.:rolleyes:

i have had an unsatisfactory day. i am trying to do this thing of having one day 'off' visiting mum a week, so that was today, but I am so tired i spent the day in, mainly just trying to wade through piles of paperwork, mainly for mum and of course feel guilty I didn't go in. i just seemed to have been faffing around all day, ho hum.:rolleyes: I have now eaten all magnums in site and am heading back into the kitchen for further foraging expedition. Not a good day.

Dave, seriously, do the salt water thing, an infection is horrid and you will resemble a hamster with blown out cheeks rather than Omar if you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.