So bizarre !

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Oh Ann! I'm so glad you got the hour with youngest in the midst of all that nastiness. The last thing you need is MiL demanding attention, sapping energy atm. What happened to the extra dose of lorazepam (?) -- as and when needed? Does it not work at all? :(

Thanks Hun - lorazepam stopped completely. According to our CPN, it isn't unusual for the pwd to become so used to lorazepam that it can have almost the opposite effect from what is intended. With Mil, its like giving her go faster stripes, if you try a dose - her mouth especially, goes into overdrive and she is extremely dis-inhibited in what she says. They have given us diazapam instead, up to 4 mg per day in 2mg doses. 2mg doesn't touch her, plus we have found that giving the full dose at bedtime is needed to help her sleep - which means we have 'nothing' for during the day. The consultant doesn't want to up the diaz, keeps upping the orlanzapine instead, but always upping the nightime dose as he feels (rightly) that us getting sleep at night is the most essential thing and ensuring that must be a priority before he 'tackles' the day time behaviour. I can see the sense in tackling one issue at a time, so we can be sure what's helping and what isn't - but I am hoping that on Mils next appointment in May, he will be ready to consider the day time behaviour as well.

I'm going to be spending the day smiling at the thought of the bizarrites cheering me on and waving their pom poms :D :D :D

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
The sight of me in cheer leader gear plus Pom poms is something you will never forget!! ( I'm not the smallest of people!) but I'll sent step grand dau who is a whizz at that type of thing!

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Well, I'm 5' 6" and a size 16/18, so certainly not cheerleader material. But I'll wave me pompoms for you if it will help Ann :D

I'm sorry that you have had more bad days and nastiness :( I understand the plan to try and sort out night-times first -doing what you do on even less sleep would try the patience of all the Saints! - but I do hope it is not long before something has been found to help both day and night time. I'm glad you managed to get out for a walk with daught, I suspect that time is precious to both of you.

It was Mum's birthday party this afternoon and I think she had a nice time. There were 25 there, including Mum and us. Apart from us, the guests were all residents of the scheme where Mum lives. She was not very happy there for some years but things have got better as she has mellowed and most people seem to be genuinely fond of her, which is nice to see. I was worried that there would not be enough food but we ended up with about 6 quarter sandwiches and some little cake bites left, so I was happy with that. Husband and son did well, making drinks, handing round food and generally entertaining people, we stopped for a drink overlooking the sea before we put son back on the train for London.

Mum also did well after a shaky start. She was surprised to see me as she got back from church 'Oh, I didn't know you would be coming today' but soon realised that it was party day. We suggested that she should go and rest while we got everything ready, we still had a couple of hours to go and I didn't want her to be exhausted before we had even started, but she would toddle off and then reappear a few minutes later. She had lots of pressies from other residents and seemed tired but happy when we left her :)

I'm also tired now, as is hubby who is asleep in front of the TV.

(((Hugs))) to all.

IzzyJ

Aug 23, 2015
Cotswolds
Just dropped in to thank everyone for your kindness and understanding. My mum's funeral is today, Monday. Once that is over, it will be time to begin looking forward, not back. The limbo over the past 2 and a half weeks has been hard. I will catch up properly then, meantime lots of (((hugs))) to all.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Morning all,

Early start here, not had a good nights sleep at all, and suspect I'll be feeling that later! A combination of aching joints, stressing a bit over the school situation for youngest and being very tense after another pretty awful day with Mil - I was very grateful for the thought of the Bizarrite Cheerleaders, shouting support in the background :) x

IzzyJ - will be thinking of you today, and wishing you lots of strength. I hope today goes as well as this sort of day can, and that it brings you and all your friends and family some comfort xxxxx

Slugsta, so glad you Mum's birthday bash went well :) Happy belated birthday to your Mum, lovely to read that she had such a nice day - hope you are not too exhausted, though xxxx

Mil was clearly in a bit of a tizz when she woke at around 9.30. I very determindly kept a smile glued in place and tried to be upbeat and cheery, but she was determined to have the grumps. Back aching, tummy aching, head aching, she supposed it would be too much trouble for me to give her a bite of toast and a wee cup of tea, she had forgotten to bring clothes with her (she said) so kept apologising for being in her dressing gown (must have reassured her on that one at least 20 times whilst she ate). After breakfast, when I fetched her meds, I told her I'd added painkillers, to help with her aches and pains - no thank you, just a very suspicious 'Why are YOU being so nice to me?'. She decided to tootle off back to bed for a couple of hours, which was obviously fine - and which gave me the last slice of peace for the rest of the day.

She was down again , just after 11, wanted to get dressed, wringing her hands and asking to borrow clothes as she didn't 'have so much as a bra with me, Ann'. Went up with her, showed her it was OK, that she had lots of clothes and asked her to go into the bathroom and start getting undressed whilst I put away some stuff I'd ironed for her, saying that as her shoulder and back were aching, I'd come and give her a 'hand' - 2 or 3 minutes later, I went in to find her with PJ top off, but bottoms and pull ups still on, stood by the sink - with the cleaning cloth from the cupboard under the sink being used as a flannel as she tried to wash her face and under her arms with cold water and no soap. I explained that she had 'accidently' picked up a flannel that needed washing (first thing I could think of), started to fill the sink with hot water and asked her to undress. Nope. She had just washed. I had just seen her. She didn't need me to do anything and she was going to get dressed. Nope - didn't need to change her 'knickers', she insisted she did that before I got in the bathroom. Apart from the fact that she was rather whiffy with sweat after her agitation of the night before, I really wanted to make sure that she washed properly especially over where she had washed with the cleaning cloth - I had rinsed it after I'd used it, but even so, I use bleach and disinfectant and I was a bit worried about it possibly harming her delicate skin if any residue was still on the cloth :( It took me about 10 minutes to persaude her to wash her top half with warm water and soap, but a lot longer to get her to wash her bottom half - in dire need of it as she had (as usual) not bothered with using loo paper - and when she finally agreed, it was to the accompaniment of me being called a pervert, sick, etc,etc. I did tell her very firmly that she was being rude, eventually, and she did stop, but even so, it took over and hour to get her washed and dressed.

She came down, I was making youngest something to eat before she headed off to Joseph rehearsals, Mil announced she was 'starving, hadn't had a thing to eat for 'hours''', so after offering her egg on toast, sausage and egg, sausage toasties and soup, she refused all and finally decided she only wanted a 'ham butty'. As she sat at the table she started on about going 'home'. I told her that there was no point talking about that 'now', as it was Sunday, there were no buses and I didn't have the car as OH had taken it to work. Had a 5 minute rant about how selfish OH was (because he knew that she was planning on going home today, she said, and had promised to leave the car!) and then she was up, checking her purse, not finding any money in it and insisting that she wanted back the £5 she 'lent' me last week so she could get a taxi. Told her I had no cash on me, she ranted about that, sayng that she thought I was lying and I would do anything to 'make her life a misery'. I made her another cuppa, stuck firmly to a smile and that I was sorry she felt like that, said how about she had some tea and watched TV for a bit.

Initially she settled for about 20 minutes with the 'magic' monkey programme, but then the getting up and down started - she was looking for the little girl she had brought with her. She was only 2 or 3, her mother would 'kill' Mil if she had lost her, she was just going to look in the kithen for her. We now have a barrier across the kitchen entrance, rather than a gate (which is an absolute pain when I have to go in and out, but so far is proving very sturdy) and she was really cross that I wouldn't take it down - my kitchen isn't big, no 'corners' for anyone to hide in, clear to see there was no one in it - but Mil still wanted in there to 'check the cupboards'. When she realised she wasn't getting in there, she wanted to go outside to look - but didn't want me to come with her, she could manage the steps by herself, she insisted - only we know she can't, so in the end, I locked the patio doors when she wasn't looking and pocketed the key, then walked away from her ranting.

Up the stairs she went, and I could hear her rattling and knocking at the other bedroom doors up there, and left her to get on with it. Back down, she sat on the sofa and every two minutes was calling to me to ask had I seen the 'little one'? Did I know where the 'little girl was'. She had to go home to give the little one back to her Mum, would I not tell her where she was? I couldn't be so heartless as to upset the childs mother like that, could I?. Saw youngest off at the door for her lift to rehearsals, came back to find Mil at the kitchen barrier, trying to kick at it to break it down. Not only was the 'child' in there, but Mil was adamant she had a 'pot of peas' that would burn if she didn't get in to see to them.

And that was what it was like for the whole of the rest of the day. Mil barely stopped begging and pleading for me to help her find this littlle girl (who varied in age from 2 to 10, throughout the day, and who was either called 'Jenny' or 'Sarah' or Mil couldn't remember her name and who was a niece, a neighbours child or 'My Aunties little one'). She was back and to to the kitchen and patio doors, banging and pulling at the barrier, banging on the glass, up the stairs (banging on the front door and shouting for help on the way), trying to kick at the bedroom doors to open them, banging on her bedroom window, emptying her PJ's from the drawers and carrying them round with her saying she was taking them and the little girl home. If I left her alone in the living room, she would start to pull cushions off sofa's 'looking for my key to get out' and then she started on pulling the DVD's off the TV cabinet and the books off the little bookcase unit by where I sit - she said OH had told her that there was a spare key hidden there, in case she ever needed it to get away from me! I tried every flipping distraction i could think of, I tried being firm but nice telling her that if she didn't sit down and calm down I would send her to her room - she would promise she would be 'quiet now', but then 10 seconds later would say something like did I have an umbrella she could use so the child wouldn't get soaked when Mil took her home? Or 'What time is it? That late? I'd better call the wee girl in and get her ready to go'. By the time youngest got home, at 5.30., I'd given up on the idea of the usual roast as I all I had managed to do was chop some cabbage, and decided on a pasta salad for us two, and a ready meal (with the cabbage) for Mil. It would have taken me less than 10 minutes to get all that prepared and the cooking started, but in total, I had to leave the kitchen 11 times during that 10 minutes, to stop Mil either pulling books or DVD's off shelves, banging on the front door or banging at the patio doors. I gave up - she had spent so much time being sent to her room the day before, I wanted to avoid it yesterday, but at that point I caved, and she was sent upstairs - just so I could prepare the flipping meal for everyone. I got the pasta on, the ready meal in the oven and started the cabbage cooking, but the whole time I was up and down the stairs as Mil used framed pictures from her room, her TV remote and also her slippers to hammer on the upstairs doors, shouting 'Are you in there?'. I'd already unlocked the doors 2 or 3 times to show her that there was no child in any of the rooms, but still she kept on. The pup got very wound up at all the banging and her shouting, and he started barking for Britain (the neighbours must have loved us!) which added to the general mayham and my now thumping head.

Tea - poor effort as it was - brought us about 30 minutes peace, and then she was off again. I refused to let her come down, just no point and I seriously was in dire need of even just the 5 or 10 minute's quiet in between her trying to come downstairs repeatedly or her starting to bang at the bedroom doors again (and setting the pup off). She finally seemed to run out of steam at about 8pm, after she changed into her PJ's - thank God. We got an hours peace before OH came home. He called her down for meds and porridge - I flatly refused to have anything to do with her - during which it was clear she had no idea he was her son, and she was trying to flirt with him, and asking him to 'walk me back to my room' when she finished eating :( OH sent her back up to bed with a flea in her ear, and she actually settled.

In amongst the list of 'to do's' for today, I am going to have to try and pick up a new supply of sample bottles - I don't think she has a UTI, but if today is anything like the last 2 days, then its obviously worth me getting that checked out. But, my main issue today is dealing with the school for youngest - I'm afraid Mil and her doings will have to take a back seat to that!

Hope you guys all manage to have a good day xxxx

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
I've got a headache just reading about your day. I would have been running around the garden screaming or in flood of tears after she finally went upstairs; I suspect you are just too exhausted to expend any energy that way.

Mum was on Memantine and Respiradone but the level of the latter was reduced a small amount in the morning, larger amount given at about 5 which stopped the evening shouting and screaming.

RedLou

Jul 30, 2014
izzyJ, Ann - sending every positive vibe your ways from this corner of Cambridgeshire.

Essie

Feb 11, 2015
IzzyJ the very best of wishes for today, thinking of you.

Ann, I was thinking UTI by the time I was reading the last few lines of your day from hell with Mil, especially as she didn't recognise OH at all, definitely worth testing for one.

I know you've made huge concessions house-wise already re Mil but have you considered replacing your bath with one of those upright sitting in types for disabled people - just thinking that if it is taking Mil so long to wash each day you could just sit her that and 'shower' her off and on hair wash days just give a quick whizz on her head (just the hair of course, not the skin on her head...:D ) at least she would be getting a proper clean in less time and with less endless input from you. Just a thought. I'm guessing the 'showers at DC' have long since bitten the dust? Not that they ever seemed to really get going if I remember correctly.

Hope school visit goes well and that you get to flump on the sofa for a while this afternoon. You've certainly flipping earned it after yesterday!

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
I've got a headache just reading about your day. I would have been running around the garden screaming or in flood of tears after she finally went upstairs;

Lol, Lemony - it was pretty damn close, I can tell you!

Thanks everyone - hugs gratefully received x Essie, for the sake of the rest of us, the type of bath you describe just wouldn't work, sadly - otherwise it would be easier. The showers stopped after the very bad fall and stitches in her leg that she had last year, and nope - they had never really got going and nor have they restarted. I manage to get her in the bath once in a blue moon, mainly because she will keep grabbing at me and I am guenuinely concerned that she will do some damage - I've told OH that I think a hoist is the only safe way (especially for me) to bath her, but we both are as certain as we can be that she would freak out at being placed in one. At the moment, its 'face, pits, t1ts and bits' every day, with me washing her back, legs and bottom - she is clean from head to foot, and she is less likely to grab at me while I'm doing that.

No better this morning. Before I got her up, I had decided to get dressed and ready, and even put on some 'war paint' (rare for me to use make up!) to 'mentally' prepare myself for the expected school battle. Mil (of course) came knocking at the bathroom door while I was in there, I called out a cheerful (yep, managed that, even with gritted teeth) 'Hold on, love - I'll be two minutes', came out to find her standing there, PJ top unbuttoned, no gown. I asked her to get her gown, got a muttered curse, though she complied, and as she went into the bathroom I politely asked her to start getting undressed when she finished with the loo, and I would help her to 'get sorted ready for breakfast'.

She told me she was going back to bed. Staying (or trying at least to stay) cheerful, I reminded her that its DC today. I was told where I could go, as she wasn't going. She was going back to bed. I said that i was sorry, but that was not possible. She told me 'We'll see' before slamming the door in my face. Ho-hum, here we go again!

When she opened the door I was waiting, and acting as if the previous exchange hadn't happened, I went in, all chirpy and brisk - she tried to barge past me and get out. Stood my ground, got a wonderfully varied mouthful of foul language and insults and in the end, I had to undress her myself - again, she didn't fight me, but she didn't help either. Washing was accompanied with a stream of insults, her mimicing everything I said in a very childish, squeaky voice and a long list of all the horrible things I do to her - like stealing her money, stealing her phone book - and only giving her stale bread to eat!

Didn't respond other than with repeated instructions, all with a please tacked on, and left her heading for her room, telling me she was going back to bed - I told her she had 10 minutes, then OH was coming up, and if she wasn't dressed, that he would dress her! She was down in time :D

No pleases or Thank you's as I served her food - OH pulled her over that, and at one point I said a very effusive 'You're welcome' and there was a very grudging 'thanks. She complained that her tea was 'scalding, far too hot!' - I said I was sorry, but I felt that tea at the temperature 'goes better with stale toast!' - she shut up (yes, I know - naughty, but . . . ) . Waiting to give her her meds, she sipped at her tea like a maiden aunt, until I quietly pointed out that the longer she took to drink it, the less time there was for me to do her hair (which she amazingly had allowed me to wash). Tea went in 3 big gulps. Very quiet while having her hair done but then a constant coat loop, with the odd deviation to complain about the barier at the kitchen and about the front door being locked.

I wished the driver luck as I waved them off up the path - I suspect that all at DC will need it today!

currently waiting for headmaster to phone me back - he is taking his time!

Last edited:

Grace L

Jun 14, 2014
NW UK
Morning ...

Good luck from me as well Ann M. x

I hope MiL does not have any more days where she is pulling everything off the shelves.
When my husband was at 'this sort of stage' , I had anti-tilt brackets fitted on the bookcases.
And.... just in case, you might want to try putting sticky tape over the back of the TV remote.
That way, when / if it gets launched across the room it stays in one piece.
Pain in the rear having to find 2 batteries and the little back off the remote.

Will post later in the week about MiL ...

Thinking of you Izzy xxx

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
currently waiting for headmaster to phone me back - he is taking his time!

Not managed to read everything, mad busy in work and was busy over the weekend, call him again if he doesn't call you. I have found trying to speak to someone at school worse than things with my mum, and as we all know that is saying something.

Hope all goes well today Izzy J.

Hugs to all of you

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Morning all,

Early start here, not had a good nights sleep at all, and suspect I'll be feeling that later! A combination of aching joints, stressing a bit over the school situation for youngest and being very tense after another pretty awful day with Mil - I was very grateful for the thought of the Bizarrite Cheerleaders, shouting support in the background :) x

IzzyJ - will be thinking of you today, and wishing you lots of strength. I hope today goes as well as this sort of day can, and that it brings you and all your friends and family some comfort xxxxx

Slugsta, so glad you Mum's birthday bash went well :) Happy belated birthday to your Mum, lovely to read that she had such a nice day - hope you are not too exhausted, though xxxx

Mil was clearly in a bit of a tizz when she woke at around 9.30. I very determindly kept a smile glued in place and tried to be upbeat and cheery, but she was determined to have the grumps. Back aching, tummy aching, head aching, she supposed it would be too much trouble for me to give her a bite of toast and a wee cup of tea, she had forgotten to bring clothes with her (she said) so kept apologising for being in her dressing gown (must have reassured her on that one at least 20 times whilst she ate). After breakfast, when I fetched her meds, I told her I'd added painkillers, to help with her aches and pains - no thank you, just a very suspicious 'Why are YOU being so nice to me?'. She decided to tootle off back to bed for a couple of hours, which was obviously fine - and which gave me the last slice of peace for the rest of the day.

She was down again , just after 11, wanted to get dressed, wringing her hands and asking to borrow clothes as she didn't 'have so much as a bra with me, Ann'. Went up with her, showed her it was OK, that she had lots of clothes and asked her to go into the bathroom and start getting undressed whilst I put away some stuff I'd ironed for her, saying that as her shoulder and back were aching, I'd come and give her a 'hand' - 2 or 3 minutes later, I went in to find her with PJ top off, but bottoms and pull ups still on, stood by the sink - with the cleaning cloth from the cupboard under the sink being used as a flannel as she tried to wash her face and under her arms with cold water and no soap. I explained that she had 'accidently' picked up a flannel that needed washing (first thing I could think of), started to fill the sink with hot water and asked her to undress. Nope. She had just washed. I had just seen her. She didn't need me to do anything and she was going to get dressed. Nope - didn't need to change her 'knickers', she insisted she did that before I got in the bathroom. Apart from the fact that she was rather whiffy with sweat after her agitation of the night before, I really wanted to make sure that she washed properly especially over where she had washed with the cleaning cloth - I had rinsed it after I'd used it, but even so, I use bleach and disinfectant and I was a bit worried about it possibly harming her delicate skin if any residue was still on the cloth :( It took me about 10 minutes to persaude her to wash her top half with warm water and soap, but a lot longer to get her to wash her bottom half - in dire need of it as she had (as usual) not bothered with using loo paper - and when she finally agreed, it was to the accompaniment of me being called a pervert, sick, etc,etc. I did tell her very firmly that she was being rude, eventually, and she did stop, but even so, it took over and hour to get her washed and dressed.

She came down, I was making youngest something to eat before she headed off to Joseph rehearsals, Mil announced she was 'starving, hadn't had a thing to eat for 'hours''', so after offering her egg on toast, sausage and egg, sausage toasties and soup, she refused all and finally decided she only wanted a 'ham butty'. As she sat at the table she started on about going 'home'. I told her that there was no point talking about that 'now', as it was Sunday, there were no buses and I didn't have the car as OH had taken it to work. Had a 5 minute rant about how selfish OH was (because he knew that she was planning on going home today, she said, and had promised to leave the car!) and then she was up, checking her purse, not finding any money in it and insisting that she wanted back the £5 she 'lent' me last week so she could get a taxi. Told her I had no cash on me, she ranted about that, sayng that she thought I was lying and I would do anything to 'make her life a misery'. I made her another cuppa, stuck firmly to a smile and that I was sorry she felt like that, said how about she had some tea and watched TV for a bit.

Initially she settled for about 20 minutes with the 'magic' monkey programme, but then the getting up and down started - she was looking for the little girl she had brought with her. She was only 2 or 3, her mother would 'kill' Mil if she had lost her, she was just going to look in the kithen for her. We now have a barrier across the kitchen entrance, rather than a gate (which is an absolute pain when I have to go in and out, but so far is proving very sturdy) and she was really cross that I wouldn't take it down - my kitchen isn't big, no 'corners' for anyone to hide in, clear to see there was no one in it - but Mil still wanted in there to 'check the cupboards'. When she realised she wasn't getting in there, she wanted to go outside to look - but didn't want me to come with her, she could manage the steps by herself, she insisted - only we know she can't, so in the end, I locked the patio doors when she wasn't looking and pocketed the key, then walked away from her ranting.

Up the stairs she went, and I could hear her rattling and knocking at the other bedroom doors up there, and left her to get on with it. Back down, she sat on the sofa and every two minutes was calling to me to ask had I seen the 'little one'? Did I know where the 'little girl was'. She had to go home to give the little one back to her Mum, would I not tell her where she was? I couldn't be so heartless as to upset the childs mother like that, could I?. Saw youngest off at the door for her lift to rehearsals, came back to find Mil at the kitchen barrier, trying to kick at it to break it down. Not only was the 'child' in there, but Mil was adamant she had a 'pot of peas' that would burn if she didn't get in to see to them.

And that was what it was like for the whole of the rest of the day. Mil barely stopped begging and pleading for me to help her find this littlle girl (who varied in age from 2 to 10, throughout the day, and who was either called 'Jenny' or 'Sarah' or Mil couldn't remember her name and who was a niece, a neighbours child or 'My Aunties little one'). She was back and to to the kitchen and patio doors, banging and pulling at the barrier, banging on the glass, up the stairs (banging on the front door and shouting for help on the way), trying to kick at the bedroom doors to open them, banging on her bedroom window, emptying her PJ's from the drawers and carrying them round with her saying she was taking them and the little girl home. If I left her alone in the living room, she would start to pull cushions off sofa's 'looking for my key to get out' and then she started on pulling the DVD's off the TV cabinet and the books off the little bookcase unit by where I sit - she said OH had told her that there was a spare key hidden there, in case she ever needed it to get away from me! I tried every flipping distraction i could think of, I tried being firm but nice telling her that if she didn't sit down and calm down I would send her to her room - she would promise she would be 'quiet now', but then 10 seconds later would say something like did I have an umbrella she could use so the child wouldn't get soaked when Mil took her home? Or 'What time is it? That late? I'd better call the wee girl in and get her ready to go'. By the time youngest got home, at 5.30., I'd given up on the idea of the usual roast as I all I had managed to do was chop some cabbage, and decided on a pasta salad for us two, and a ready meal (with the cabbage) for Mil. It would have taken me less than 10 minutes to get all that prepared and the cooking started, but in total, I had to leave the kitchen 11 times during that 10 minutes, to stop Mil either pulling books or DVD's off shelves, banging on the front door or banging at the patio doors. I gave up - she had spent so much time being sent to her room the day before, I wanted to avoid it yesterday, but at that point I caved, and she was sent upstairs - just so I could prepare the flipping meal for everyone. I got the pasta on, the ready meal in the oven and started the cabbage cooking, but the whole time I was up and down the stairs as Mil used framed pictures from her room, her TV remote and also her slippers to hammer on the upstairs doors, shouting 'Are you in there?'. I'd already unlocked the doors 2 or 3 times to show her that there was no child in any of the rooms, but still she kept on. The pup got very wound up at all the banging and her shouting, and he started barking for Britain (the neighbours must have loved us!) which added to the general mayham and my now thumping head.

Tea - poor effort as it was - brought us about 30 minutes peace, and then she was off again. I refused to let her come down, just no point and I seriously was in dire need of even just the 5 or 10 minute's quiet in between her trying to come downstairs repeatedly or her starting to bang at the bedroom doors again (and setting the pup off). She finally seemed to run out of steam at about 8pm, after she changed into her PJ's - thank God. We got an hours peace before OH came home. He called her down for meds and porridge - I flatly refused to have anything to do with her - during which it was clear she had no idea he was her son, and she was trying to flirt with him, and asking him to 'walk me back to my room' when she finished eating :( OH sent her back up to bed with a flea in her ear, and she actually settled.

In amongst the list of 'to do's' for today, I am going to have to try and pick up a new supply of sample bottles - I don't think she has a UTI, but if today is anything like the last 2 days, then its obviously worth me getting that checked out. But, my main issue today is dealing with the school for youngest - I'm afraid Mil and her doings will have to take a back seat to that!

Hope you guys all manage to have a good day xxxx

I just read your post and my reaction is you are absolutely awesome.

Hugs

Aisling

IzzyJ

Aug 23, 2015
Cotswolds
Hello everyone. Back home again after a long, long day and feeling drained and a bit tearful but numb, as if I've come round from a general anaesthetic. The funeral was good, very well conducted, and my 'waily waily' sister mostly kept it down so there was a good celebration and send off for my mum.
Everyone there today knew pmd and the dreaded disease and how awful it is for anyone dealing with it every day - just as AnnMac is having to, and RaggedyAnne, with such gallantry and compassion (don't argue, Ann/Anne). We were 'lucky' that the really bad phase for us lasted only since last Easter, when mum's mental condition went over a cliff. Does anyone who deals with it up close ever recover their own lives? I read on here from so many people - Spamar, Grace, RedLou, Izzy - who seem to have been changed for ever themselves. It's not just the loss of someone close or that you feel a deep responsibility towards. Is it fear that does it, watching someone being disassembled before us? Physical fear? Fear that it may happen to us? I don't know.
Just - thank you all, but especially AnnMac, for sharing your lives and experiences, everything you have written has helped me to recognise where the journey was taking mum (and therefore me) in a way that none of the formal, factual articles and books did.
Please can I stay.

Essie

Feb 11, 2015
You just try leaving IzzyJ :) Glad today went well and that you were able to say an appropriate farewell to your dear Mum and celebrate her life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch