Poor Piedsmum is poorly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
Dear dear Pied

Whatever you do, over the next few hours, will be right. You know your Mum so well and do an amazing job of seeing that she has what she needs.

Just keep on doing what you do best.

I wish you, your Sis and your lovely Mum peace.

Just remember we're all there with you xxxx

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Goodnight Pied, Pied's Sis and Pied's Mum - wishing you all a calm and peaceful night, and the strength to cope with tomorrow. Xxx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Care homes are noisy but all the voices we have heard are kindly:eg "Night Marge, God bless".

Nurse just said to Mum, you are a good girl, and a wonderful lady, and everybody here is looking after you. X

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hi Pied , Feel like am holding hands with you over the *BORDER * have just turned P C back on before going to Bed

Glad the Night Nurse is with you ( hope she makes you both a Cuppa later )

Love , Peace & Comfort Pied to you all & you are doing the right things Pied

Love Grove x x x x x

fredsnail

Dec 21, 2008
Sounds like you have a good nurse with you tonight - I hope that you all manage to get some rest and that your Mum is peaceful.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
L is a lovely nurse yes.

I counted Mum's breaths at 36 a minute. How she is keepin this up hour after hour is beyond me. Her will to live is formidable.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Ha ha Fredsnail, like it. No, it's all quiet. We played it three times today. And Mary Popins, and Chitty Chitty, and West Side Story. And I bought a CD of waves crashing on the beach and we played that too and talked about holidays.
A carer has just popped her head round the door and offered us a drink. They are being so kind. X

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Hiya Pied,

My thoughts are with you and your family tonight. It is like reliving the day and night when my mother died. I can still hear that rapid breathing today! 12 hours mum lasted with the fast breathing and a pulse that was off the scale, yet it was serene, not morbid in any way. Just as she would have wanted. Like you, there were lovely people around.

Fiona

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Hi Fifi. Hope I haven't upset you reminding you of your mum. The rapid breathing is an endurance feat like no other. Yet Mum seems serene. I think the rapid breaths began around 10 am yesterday so that's 14 hours ish is it? The nurses have said not to go home as she may go any time and I think they would like us to see it through for Mum.
I can hear residents with dementia growling and muttering down the corridor but not in a bad way. The staff sound utterly lovely when they go into them with soothing voices just like you'd use for your own loved one.
X

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
No you haven't upset me at all. Think that is because, like you, we had done everything we could and it seemed appropriate that we should see it through to the end.

I think you are right to stay tonight. If it is similar to us, then mum's breathing then changed again and gradually slowed down over a space of about 15 minutes and then just slowly faded away. Very peaceful which was all that we could ask for.

I suspect this will be one of those nights when no matter how tired you are, sleep doesn't seem to enter the equation.

Fiona

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Thank you so much Fifi and Izzy. I cannot begin to express how much it means to have this connection with you when you're lying listening to each individual breath and half hoping for a peaceful end, half begging not to lose her.
It's such a surreal time. I've pictured it a thousand times and I can't believe it. It also reminds me of when we have shared a room and her breathing takes me right back to childhood holidays.
Maybe I needed this time to let go of her.
I am so glad I've got this as a record as it all seems blurred. The last week I mean. I can't recall yesterday at all - well Sunday I mean.
Thank you. Hope you all get a good night and Bill is better Izzy x

fredsnail

Dec 21, 2008
Thank you Pied for allowing us an insight into such a very personal time for you and your family.

I only wish that every one had such a caring family to surround them in their final hours, and that every caring family had such lovely support at such a time from carers and staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.