Please don't throw me away, breaking my promise

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Hiya @kindred

Here's a few more action song ideas for you ;)

Head and Shoulders Knees and Toes
Hokey Cokey
A sailor went to sea sea sea
I am the music man, I come from down your way ...
Teddy bear, teddy bear turn around
Old MacDonald
If you're happy and you know it clap your hands

Although not an action song, You are my sunshine is a big fave at Mum's place.

Love X

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
:D
Hiya @kindred

Here's a few more action song ideas for you ;)

Head and Shoulders Knees and Toes
Hokey Cokey
A sailor went to sea sea sea
I am the music man, I come from down your way ...
Teddy bear, teddy bear turn around
Old MacDonald
If you're happy and you know it clap your hands

Although not an action song, You are my sunshine is a big fave at Mum's place.

Love X
Love all these @Toony Oony - thanks for the reminders :D xx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Have you read the poem 'This day in Paradise' by Stewart Henderson? It was a surprise rendition by the minister at my wonderful Dad's funeral. It touched me deeply then and still does. For copyright reasons I can only put part of it and a link on here http://jonnybaker.blogs.com/jonnybaker/2005/01/for_ed.html.

'this day in paradise
new feet are treading through
high halls of gold

this day in paradise
new legs are striding over jewelled fields in which
the diamond
is considered ordinary ...'

Hope you appreciate it as much as I do X
That is absolutely Beautiful. Thank You xxxxxx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Ha ha @Lindy50 - I guarantee that one of those songs will generate an earworm that you will find impossible to get rid of !

X

I gotta song that will get on your nerves, get on your nerves. A complete ear wig that I can’t help singing when I think of it :D

As to the saying magic thinking.... I like that :)

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
I gotta song that will get on your nerves, get on your nerves. A complete ear wig that I can’t help singing when I think of it :D

As to the saying magic thinking.... I like that :)
Ooooh @2jays, I had to stop that after a couple of minutes :eek: Er.....thanks for the clip! :D Xx

pixie2

Jul 21, 2018
Well, that was interesting. Noisy, full of shouting. This happens sometimes and it affects other residents quite badly. Keith hates it so I sat close and tried to explain to him that the residents concerned were simply upset about something, so shall we sing so we can't hear it ...
And we did, Out of nowhere came the song Rawhide. I wonder how many of you remember this, and the tv series which, I think, could be mistaken, launched Clint Eastwood? Anyway, the song proved a great success, Keith bouncing up and down, so off I went to sing it to some of the other residents. One man got very perky and happy and we had a good conversation about the programme. I have no idea where that came from but certainly got a good response.
Then, while was feeding at lunchtime, on one of the endless music loops came a song I also have not heard since childhood: wild in the country. Name of an Elvis movie and a lovely song. Has anyone else ever heard this, I always loved the song. Movie not wonderful, but there, it's Elvis, the king.
Keith looked so nice this morning, all clean and fresh and handsome. He was talking engineering this morning and the importance of steam propulsion.
Thanks guys, tell me if you remember wild in the country?? with love, Kindred.xxxx
I remember. Similar things at mams home. She brightness up with Dean Martin - well who wouldn't

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Oh thank you all for the poems and songs! So beautiful and so much appreciated. Now, first of all an apology. It is not toffee therapy but tee fee therapy though I do not understand this, is a new one on me. Will explore further, think it could be a bit New Age, but there ...
So when I arrived Keith looked delighted and said very loudly YOU ARE THE ONLY SOBER ONE HERE. Then we sang what sounded like the big ship sailed through the alley alley oop (some of you can put me right as to what the words really are ...). I remember that one from primary school.
One of the nurses believes that Keith cannot focus near at hand and says she experiences the same as me, go a little way away and he livens up. So this inevitably led on to the question of GLASSES which I put the lid on at once by explaining that he flushed his last three pairs down the toilet and I am not willing for us to go on that route again.
Otherwise, lovely peaceable visit, nice atmosphere of love and inclusion as we are all in a conspiracy to be human.
Thanks guys, so appreciate the poems and songs.
Love and best, Geraldine aka kindredxxxxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Well then, I have never seen so many visitors as there were today!! Fantastic and energetic chaos. Everyone having cups of tea and cake. Keith bit sleepy though they tell me he had been very lively all morning. I went late, after work, but can go very early tomorrow so hope to see some of this for self. We did some activities to get residents moving hands and arms and that was fun. Had a bit of fashion show as one of visitors had brought her mum a load of very pretty frocks from the local charity shop, really lovely floaty stuff. Not look too good on Keith though. He never did dress up as a woman.

If I didn't tread on the pavement cracks ...
If I didn't walk under a ladder or drop salt on the ground without throwing some over my shoulder
If a black cat walked across my path,
Please if I do all this, can I have my husband back again?

Thanks guys, so lovely to think you come here and read this. With love, Kindred, aka Geraldine or is it the other way round ...xxxxxx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Well then, I have never seen so many visitors as there were today!! Fantastic and energetic chaos. Everyone having cups of tea and cake. Keith bit sleepy though they tell me he had been very lively all morning. I went late, after work, but can go very early tomorrow so hope to see some of this for self. We did some activities to get residents moving hands and arms and that was fun. Had a bit of fashion show as one of visitors had brought her mum a load of very pretty frocks from the local charity shop, really lovely floaty stuff. Not look too good on Keith though. He never did dress up as a woman.

If I didn't tread on the pavement cracks ...
If I didn't walk under a ladder or drop salt on the ground without throwing some over my shoulder
If a black cat walked across my path,
Please if I do all this, can I have my husband back again?

Thanks guys, so lovely to think you come here and read this. With love, Kindred, aka Geraldine or is it the other way round ...xxxxxx
Oh that poem is so poignant! Is that self-composed? Aww G Much Love xxxx

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
Dear @kindred ... Geraldine,

If it works, please please let me know.
Because I promise I really really promise...
I will never again tread on a pavement crack
Never walk under a ladder
I will throw spilt salt over my shoulder
And I will search for a black cat (or two, or three or more, I love cats) and follow them until they walk in front of me

My fingers are crossed that it works,
I guess life is just not that simple anymore..
Love to you, and thank you for your lovely posts
B xx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Dear @kindred ... Geraldine,

If it works, please please let me know.
Because I promise I really really promise...
I will never again tread on a pavement crack
Never walk under a ladder
I will throw spilt salt over my shoulder
And I will search for a black cat (or two, or three or more, I love cats) and follow them until they walk in front of me

My fingers are crossed that it works,
I guess life is just not that simple anymore..
Love to you, and thank you for your lovely posts
B xx
Oh my darling, I love your sequel to my poem. We shall call this poem If it works ... this is so beautiful. Thank you!!! Gxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Keith less sleepy today, though still not especially lively. I have ressurected a plan to do a Marilyn Monroe impression and once more am investigating sourcing a yellow wig. I thought if I did this he might wake up a bit, but I intend to do it at christmas anyway. I am planning this with another of the residents who will join me as she can sing a few appropriate songs, well bits anyway. I will of course do the Kennedy birthday song ...
We were doing senses and one of the activity nurses had brought in all kinds of herbs and spices. Keith loved the fennel, both to smell and to eat.
I took in the travel supplement from one of my papers for another of the residents and she is going to book us all on a cruise to the Antarctic. This was accompanied by lots of singing of yellow submarine!

Wandered back under autumn trees
scunching like you do
put my hand out to hold yours
Only air.

Thanks guys! all love, Kindred aka Geraldinexxxx

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
@kindred
Now that Geraldine I would love to see.

You, in a blonde wig,
that Marilyn flared dress,
6 inch stilettos,
singing happy birthday mr president to Keith and all the great residents.
Let me know when, and I’ll bring the fan for full atmospheric blowing of the skirt!
I’m keen to come on that cruise to the Antarctic, so I’ll cruise with you and the residents in my dreams tonight. Just hope I’m not sea sick... has been known!!
You have me making pipe dreams, thank you for brightening my mood even for just a short while. Take care.
Love B xx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
@kindred
Now that Geraldine I would love to see.

You, in a blonde wig,
that Marilyn flared dress,
6 inch stilettos,
singing happy birthday mr president to Keith and all the great residents.
Let me know when, and I’ll bring the fan for full atmospheric blowing of the skirt!
I’m keen to come on that cruise to the Antarctic, so I’ll cruise with you and the residents in my dreams tonight. Just hope I’m not sea sick... has been known!!
You have me making pipe dreams, thank you for brightening my mood even for just a short while. Take care.
Love B xx
Oh bless you. Oh yes, that flared frock, and yes, bring your fan to make my skirt flow up. So wonderful to hear from you like this. Thank you! all love and best, Geraldinexxxxxcoooee!

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Ok, as I walk in to the Resident Area, the panel discussion on tv has the subtitle: My mum was reincarnated as a robin.
Obviously going to be that kind of morning! On the bird theme, one of the nurses had recorded a bird in her garden and for the life of us, none of us could identify it. I think it must be a returning migrant, these mysterious songs happen at this time of the year.
Moving to dogs, another Resident was so distressed that she had lost her little dog and it had to be under one of our chairs ... you can imagine all the chaos that led to!
Keith woke up and almost shouted IT'S YOU! when I arrived, so that was lovely and we sung some dum dee dum type songs together. So nice, kind of undramatic visit really.
On the way home, looked out for robins!
Thanks guys, much appreciated. with love Geraldine aka kindred.

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Ok, as I walk in to the Resident Area, the panel discussion on tv has the subtitle: My mum was reincarnated as a robin.
Obviously going to be that kind of morning! On the bird theme, one of the nurses had recorded a bird in her garden and for the life of us, none of us could identify it. I think it must be a returning migrant, these mysterious songs happen at this time of the year.
Moving to dogs, another Resident was so distressed that she had lost her little dog and it had to be under one of our chairs ... you can imagine all the chaos that led to!
Keith woke up and almost shouted IT'S YOU! when I arrived, so that was lovely and we sung some dum dee dum type songs together. So nice, kind of undramatic visit really.
On the way home, looked out for robins!
Thanks guys, much appreciated. with love Geraldine aka kindred.
I guess the TV programme got you all in a flap? And G, you really should have sung The Birdy Song! Sorry, that's quite enough. Keith was obviously delighted to see you, that's lovely. It all happens at Keith's NH doesn't it? A really good place. I love your posts G, I think we all do. Thank You. With Love Jan xxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
I guess the TV programme got you all in a flap? And G, you really should have sung The Birdy Song! Sorry, that's quite enough. Keith was obviously delighted to see you, that's lovely. It all happens at Keith's NH doesn't it? A really good place. I love your posts G, I think we all do. Thank You. With Love Jan xxxx
Oh thank YOU. There's a lot of energy and argy bargy at the place, it really is a real family. Thank you with all heart, Jan. Gxxxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireBryceSmith