Cotswolds
I’m a little teapot....
The wheels on the bus.....
Bananas in pyjamas.....
Row, row, row your boat.....

Sorry, all. Ursery rhymes :oops::D xx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Oh G you and your wonderful posts make my heart sing...
The only action song I can think of, other than ring a ring of roses, which I doubt would be allowed for health and safety reasons, is the one where I used to put my child or grandchild on my ankle/crossed legs and do ride a **** horse. Somehow I think Keith and the other residents will be a bit to big for you to do that with them....
I’ll put my thinking cap on...
Love B xx
Superb and they are mostly too big. It is surprising how many songs are lodged in our heads. If we are talking to the residents in a kind of communal chat, which we try to organise, then if any words suggest songs, one of us will start to sing. I love it about ring of roses and health and safety!!! So good to hear from you. Gxxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
I’m a little teapot....
The wheels on the bus.....
Bananas in pyjamas.....
Row, row, row your boat.....

Sorry, all. Ursery rhymes :oops::D xx
Ah now, we do wheels on bus and row boat, but what is this bananas in pyjamas??? Gxxx

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Ah now, we do wheels on bus and row boat, but what is this bananas in pyjamas??? Gxxx
Bananas in pyjamas - I just like the sound of it- I make up my own words to the tune - which you can find on Dr Google :D I think it was originally the theme tune to an Australian kids tv programme!! X

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Bananas in pyjamas - I just like the sound of it- I make up my own words to the tune - which you can find on Dr Google :D I think it was originally the theme tune to an Australian kids tv programme!! X
Ah great, will look it up. Thank you. Gxxx

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
How about ‘doe a deer, a female deer, Ray a drop of golden sun’ etc .... lots of songs from musicals can be moved or danced to...;) x

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
O
How about ‘doe a deer, a female deer, Ray a drop of golden sun’ etc .... lots of songs from musicals can be moved or danced to...;) x
h y
Oh yes, that's lovely, we do that one quite a lot. Excellent, I am so glad I asked!
love and best, Kindred xxxx

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
Talk about memory lane....
Wonderful songs, nursery rhymes, musicals....love them.
And then there are all the Disney songs!
I’m sure Nellie the elephant would go down well xx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Talk about memory lane....
Wonderful songs, nursery rhymes, musicals....love them.
And then there are all the Disney songs!
I’m sure Nellie the elephant would go down well xx
Oh yes, we do sing Nellie but believe it or not very few residents know it!! Gxxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Keith asleep so talked to other residents, one of whom is planning a visit down a coal mine and seems especially keen that Keith and I go with her. I assured her we would love it! Also resident hair day so some lovely hairdos appearing. Discussed toffee therapy with another resident who has been a therapist and when I can learn more about this I will pass it on to you all! I am not sure whether the therapist or the client gets to eat the toffee. Found myself indulging in magic thinking recently - surely we've suffered enough now and some thing from space will see that and restore Keith to me. Do you ever do this, guys? I used to promise God I would spend the rest of my life in a nunnery if he would heal my mum of her MS.
Short poem coming up:
I breathe
I grieve
I smile
All the while
All my love guys, thank you for coming on this thread. Geraldine aka kindred.xxxx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Keith asleep so talked to other residents, one of whom is planning a visit down a coal mine and seems especially keen that Keith and I go with her. I assured her we would love it! Also resident hair day so some lovely hairdos appearing. Discussed toffee therapy with another resident who has been a therapist and when I can learn more about this I will pass it on to you all! I am not sure whether the therapist or the client gets to eat the toffee. Found myself indulging in magic thinking recently - surely we've suffered enough now and some thing from space will see that and restore Keith to me. Do you ever do this, guys? I used to promise God I would spend the rest of my life in a nunnery if he would heal my mum of her MS.
Short poem coming up:
I breathe
I grieve
I smile
All the while
All my love guys, thank you for coming on this thread. Geraldine aka kindred.xxxx
Xxx and a hug.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Keith asleep so talked to other residents, one of whom is planning a visit down a coal mine and seems especially keen that Keith and I go with her. I assured :)her we would love it! Also resident hair day so some lovely hairdos appearing. Discussed toffee therapy with another resident who has been a therapist and when I can learn more about this I will pass it on to you all! I am not sure whether the therapist or the client gets to eat the toffee. Found myself indulging in magic thinking recently - surely we've suffered enough now and some thing from space will see that and restore Keith to me. Do you ever do this, guys? I used to promise God I would spend the rest of my life in a nunnery if he would heal my mum of her MS.
Short poem coming up:
I breathe
I grieve
I smile
All the while

Love your poem @kindred :) Me too....

Funnily enough I have recently started to imagine Mum becoming ‘herself’ again. I think maybe it’s partly because I don’t want to forget those feelings and memories.....I don’t think I will, but it’s as though the Mum of yesteryear keeps coming to the surface of my mind x
Love and hugs
Lindy xx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Love your poem @kindred :) Me too....

Funnily enough I have recently started to imagine Mum becoming ‘herself’ again. I think maybe it’s partly because I don’t want to forget those feelings and memories.....I don’t think I will, but it’s as though the Mum of yesteryear keeps coming to the surface of my mind x
Love and hugs
Lindy xx
Lindy that is so so beautiful, thank you with all heart. No no, we will not forget those lovely memories and feelings, I do know what you mean. It is an essential part of the whole narrative of our lives. And thank you so much for saying you too about my little poem. With love, Geraldinexxxx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Love the poem!
I frequently think I'm in a bad dream and will wake up to find all is OK.
Nothing wrong with magic thinking. We need something to get us through this.
Much Love. J xxxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Love the poem!
I frequently think I'm in a bad dream and will wake up to find all is OK.
Nothing wrong with magic thinking. We need something to get us through this.
Much Love. J xxxxx
Jan, oh thank you sweetheart, thank you. It feels like a bad dream, can't be real, this cannot be happening ... I know, I know. Magic thinking it will be then darling. Sometimes wishes and dreams come true but usually not at once and often not in the way we think. Thank you with all heart, with love, Geraldinexxxx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Jan, oh thank you sweetheart, thank you. It feels like a bad dream, can't be real, this cannot be happening ... I know, I know. Magic thinking it will be then darling. Sometimes wishes and dreams come true but usually not at once and often not in the way we think. Thank you with all heart, with love, Geraldinexxxx
I believe you will understand when I say I believe that when we are reunited, all disease, all pain, all sadness will be gone. xxxxxx

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
I believe you will understand when I say I believe that when we are reunited, all disease, all pain, all sadness will be gone. xxxxxx

Have you read the poem 'This day in Paradise' by Stewart Henderson? It was a surprise rendition by the minister at my wonderful Dad's funeral. It touched me deeply then and still does. For copyright reasons I can only put part of it and a link on here http://jonnybaker.blogs.com/jonnybaker/2005/01/for_ed.html.

'this day in paradise
new feet are treading through
high halls of gold

this day in paradise
new legs are striding over jewelled fields in which
the diamond
is considered ordinary ...'

Hope you appreciate it as much as I do X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member