Our magic bitter sweet moments 🥰🥰🥰

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
I do hope you’re not still on hold @Alisongs 🤣🤣 we only used district nursing services briefly here but I’m afraid I wasn’t that impressed - although u could get through on the phone!

Alisongs

May 17, 2024
East of England
............could be a long wait !
My thoughts exactly
I do hope you’re not still on hold @Alisongs 🤣🤣 we only used district nursing services briefly here but I’m afraid I wasn’t that impressed - although u could get through on the phone!
See latest post on Alisongs Diary. A Roller coaster weekend with a sobering end to today. District nurses very supportive but hospital not keeping me informed 😕

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Care Home Shenanigan’s 🏦🏦

For those who haven’t seen my other thread, I have finally resolved my finance issue with the care home. I have gone from receiving an invoice for £70 to being promised a refund of £1500. It has been a several stage business with me repeatedly having to state it can’t be right for the home to be paid twice for the room. What has most horrified me is that if I hadn’t popped in last Tuesday evening I would never have known the room was re-let and so would be none the wiser. Plus I have had the tenacity to keep getting back at them. It does make you wonder if the issue is more widespread. If I was an investigative journalist I would want to do some digging….I want to pop into the home tomorrow but will make sure I go after hours if I do decide to…

I also now have to follow up with the CHC who have sent mum’s personal info to the wrong address. I am assuming here but I think they may have sent it to where I was living with mum as he mentioned a change of address. BUT the only people who know that address are the NHS and my GP ….I gave that out only to them. So I wonder if the CHC accessed MY data………time will tell….

In other news we met the vicar re funeral …..that should be today‘s posting really.

Alisongs

May 17, 2024
East of England

For those who haven’t seen my other thread, I have finally resolved my finance issue with the care home. I have gone from receiving an invoice for £70 to being promised a refund of £1500. It has been a several stage business with me repeatedly having to state it can’t be right for the home to be paid twice for the room. What has most horrified me is that if I hadn’t popped in last Tuesday evening I would never have known the room was re-let and so would be none the wiser. Plus I have had the tenacity to keep getting back at them. It does make you wonder if the issue is more widespread. If I was an investigative journalist I would want to do some digging….I want to pop into the home tomorrow but will make sure I go after hours if I do decide to…

I also now have to follow up with the CHC who have sent mum’s personal info to the wrong address. I am assuming here but I think they may have sent it to where I was living with mum as he mentioned a change of address. BUT the only people who know that address are the NHS and my GP ….I gave that out only to them. So I wonder if the CHC accessed MY data………time will tell….

In other news we met the vicar re funeral …..that should be today‘s posting really.don't like you to get the better of them do they

In other news we met the vicar re funeral …..that should be today‘s posting really.
Must be oddly satisfying to get the better of the situation at last. I 🤗🫂

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Oh and to top it off accounts kept emailing me saying Dear Judith….my mum’s name 😱😱😡😡😡

She’s the dead one! I made sure I replied to each email with my correct name…

To retain my sanity and humour however in another job today I had to get some insurance for the Estate. I did say I was clearly acting as executor….I was asked my mum’s job status 😱😱 I said partying in heaven 🤣🤣🤣

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Oh and to top it off accounts kept emailing me saying Dear Judith….my mum’s name 😱😱😡😡😡

To retain my sanity and humour however in another job today I had to get some insurance for the Estate. I did say I was clearly acting as executor….I was asked my mum’s job status 😱😱 I said partying in heaven 🤣🤣🤣
Well done on standing your ground with the care home and for retaining your sense of humour xx

Alisongs

May 17, 2024
East of England

Brilliant answer 😇🎉🕺

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
The Parallel Universe

Ive been determined not to let the money stuff get in the way of my good relationships in the care home so I went in last night. Timed my visit at 7pm so after management left and to see both day and night staff. Well it was lovely 🥰🥰🥰 When I arrived Mr Grumpy gave me a lovely smile and a hug! We even had a relatively coherent mini conversation when he told me things were ‘hard’….lots of other smiles and hugs from Staff and residents.

The usual chaos reigned. One of the staff was stuck in the lift and a resident threw up all over the Baby 😱😱😱 who then had to have her hair washed in the sink as she couldn’t go in the washing machine! I popped into all the rooms of awake residents - some probably no recollection of me but happy to have company.

I had a lovely chat with one of the carers. They are from India and had lots of questions about why funerals are so delayed and how mum is currently being looked after. Their freedom in asking questions was so refreshing. It was really nice to talk about it (in contrast to my colleagues today who didn’t even mention I had just lost my mum 🙈🙈).

I will go back during the day as one of the ladies I want to see (she has no visitors ever) is asleep at that time…soon I will brazen enough again!

Being back at work today ironically missed mum. Well going and giving the lovely late stage baby version of mum a kiss 🥰🥰 I always thought non working days would be the worst but grief surprises us.

Notified my first bank…..glad to hopefully see the back of them…we never did get the POA successfully registered…

Attachments

• 52E16A1D-2415-4D47-8C0B-4C7BAC533509.png
    52E16A1D-2415-4D47-8C0B-4C7BAC533509.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 11

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
The Parallel Universe

Ive been determined not to let the money stuff get in the way of my good relationships in the care home so I went in last night. Timed my visit at 7pm so after management left and to see both day and night staff. Well it was lovely 🥰🥰🥰 When I arrived Mr Grumpy gave me a lovely smile and a hug! We even had a relatively coherent mini conversation when he told me things were ‘hard’….lots of other smiles and hugs from Staff and residents.

The usual chaos reigned. One of the staff was stuck in the lift and a resident threw up all over the Baby 😱😱😱 who then had to have her hair washed in the sink as she couldn’t go in the washing machine! I popped into all the rooms of awake residents - some probably no recollection of me but happy to have company.

I had a lovely chat with one of the carers. They are from India and had lots of questions about why funerals are so delayed and how mum is currently being looked after. Their freedom in asking questions was so refreshing. It was really nice to talk about it (in contrast to my colleagues today who didn’t even mention I had just lost my mum 🙈🙈).

I will go back during the day as one of the ladies I want to see (she has no visitors ever) is asleep at that time…soon I will brazen enough again!

Being back at work today ironically missed mum. Well going and giving the lovely late stage baby version of mum a kiss 🥰🥰 I always thought non working days would be the worst but grief surprises us.

Notified my first bank…..glad to hopefully see the back of them…we never did get the POA successfully registered…
its nice you visit the home and take time with residents, probably makes a difference to their day.

Alisongs

May 17, 2024
East of England
The Parallel Universe

Do lovely that you are there to befriend the other dementia victims and the carers. Company means a lot