No more on Chick's thread, time to start my own

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
To do with funding. We don't qualify, and in the letter, they couldn't even be bothered to get my bloody name right.

No more tonight, LadyA. I'm too sore about that. Fed up growling. Tell me what your favourite song is!

Morning chugs hugs and love xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Right. All done. Sorry I haven't had the chance to come here before. I was taken to this morning's review. We've had it. The lovely CH he's been living in is now his home.

I've been told that all his benefits will go towards his care. That is excellent. So now, he can get the care he's needed for many years.

Everything went very well today and all the staff enjoy hubby being with them. He's had good reports from all who look after him. He and I couldn't ask for more. God bless them. They've all made such a difference to our lives.

Such a huge difference. So that's another closure. Good news for my mates here at long last :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
That is a good out come for you both :)

Hoping things quieten down now on the "things to frustrate you" front and you can have good times, without the exhaustion, with your hubby again xx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Got a call supposedly coming from the finance team for my own needs later. I need to live, too! But hey, that's a side matter. Long as hubby's needs are properly met at last, that's all that matters.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I'm so pleased for you Chuggs that it's all resolved now.

Thanks Cat. It took a few weeks, which I wasn't prepared for. But now, I wonder who to go to if anything crops up as the hospital has closed our case. Still, I'll just take things a day at a time from now on. We've got everyone at the CH on our side. Couldn't ask for more. I'm so glad he's settled and they're happy to have him there :) They really are all genuine about that, too.

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
Right. All done. Sorry I haven't had the chance to come here before. I was taken to this morning's review. We've had it. The lovely CH he's been living in is now his home.

I've been told that all his benefits will go towards his care. That is excellent. So now, he can get the care he's needed for many years.

Everything went very well today and all the staff enjoy hubby being with them. He's had good reports from all who look after him. He and I couldn't ask for more. God bless them. They've all made such a difference to our lives.

Such a huge difference. So that's another closure. Good news for my mates here at long last :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's wonderful news Chuggs, I am so pleased for you xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Excellent news chugs. You'll be able to take time to concentrate on your own needs now in the knowledge that your lovely man is safe and well cared for.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Excellent news chugs. You'll be able to take time to concentrate on your own needs now in the knowledge that your lovely man is safe and well cared for.

It is excellent, Izzy. It's not over yet but, so far, I'm overwhelmed with relief that at least, hubby is sorted. My predictions for my own future may well turn out to be perfectly true, although I've been told they shouldn't. I wasn't even calculated into the assessment so it's as if I don't exist, so far. Kinda used to that!

But he is safe, and that is awesome. It's been a long time coming :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Wonderful news at last Chuggs.:):):) How easy is it for you to visit the CH?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Hi Chuggs-well it's been a long time coming but I hope things start to be a bit more settled for you and Mr Chuggs.

I hope your experience with the CH so far continues to be positive. I always had nothing but praise for my OH's CH-compassion, expert caring and lots of love was the order of the day.

Now! looking after YOU! If your OH gets a private/occupational pension you will be entitled to half. I don't know your age but if you are receiving a state pension you may be entitled to pension credit. The LA financial advisor will point you in the right direction.

Being turned down for CHC:mad:Have you been sent the checklist? If not request it. You may not feel like appealing NOW but having the scores will be of help if you do appeal. Anyway you are entitled to see what was decided. I appealed and Pete got CHC-but I DO understand if your energy levels are somewhat depleted after the struggle you have experienced.

Chuggs, this is now a time for getting your strength back-you really could not have carried on with no help. I'm very glad that you have at long last been listened to.

Love,

Lyn T XX

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Hi Chuggs-well it's been a long time coming but I hope things start to be a bit more settled for you and Mr Chuggs.

I hope your experience with the CH so far continues to be positive. I always had nothing but praise for my OH's CH-compassion, expert caring and lots of love was the order of the day.

Now! looking after YOU! If your OH gets a private/occupational pension you will be entitled to half. I don't know your age but if you are receiving a state pension you may be entitled to pension credit. The LA financial advisor will point you in the right direction.

Being turned down for CHC:mad:Have you been sent the checklist? If not request it. You may not feel like appealing NOW but having the scores will be of help if you do appeal. Anyway you are entitled to see what was decided. I appealed and Pete got CHC-but I DO understand if your energy levels are somewhat depleted after the struggle you have experienced.

Chuggs, this is now a time for getting your strength back-you really could not have carried on with no help. I'm very glad that you have at long last been listened to.

Love,

Lyn T XX

LA I take to mean Local Authority? I don't know these terms yet. I don't know who assessed for funding or where it was done. Nobody ever contacted me about it, so whatever happens, I have to live as if I am on my own. I do not know where to go or who to ask, Lyn. If there are more battles involved, I may just throw my hands up. I have nothing inside me to fight with any more. I know in my heart that hubby will now lack nothing. He gets an Annual Review, apparently, to see if his care needs might change, I guess. I am only guessing. I do not know.

He gets state pension and pension credit plus attendance allowance. There's also a few quid extra because we are married. I do expect everything to be taken for his care. So be it.

Next! :D:D:D

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
So pleased for you both, chuggs. Hope he settles well and that you get finances sorted soon. PHEW, what a relief. Shall I tell you I'm thinking of you again

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
LA I take to mean Local Authority? I don't know these terms yet. I don't know who assessed for funding or where it was done. Nobody ever contacted me about it, so whatever happens, I have to live as if I am on my own. I do not know where to go or who to ask, Lyn. If there are more battles involved, I may just throw my hands up. I have nothing inside me to fight with any more. I know in my heart that hubby will now lack nothing. He gets an Annual Review, apparently, to see if his care needs might change, I guess. I am only guessing. I do not know.

He gets state pension and pension credit plus attendance allowance. There's also a few quid extra because we are married. I do expect everything to be taken for his care. So be it.

Next! :D:D:D

You will be entitled to housing benefit and ESA chugs and council tax benefit too and your landlord can't just evict you either xxxxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weefieryscot