No more on Chick's thread, time to start my own

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Aw Chuggs, all this talk of giving up....you're eXhausted and disillusioned, and badly need some rest. But I think we know you well enough to know you'll rally, and come out with renewed energy. Big hug.

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM!

Last edited:

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Aw Chuggs, all this talk of giving up....you're eXhausted and disillusioned, and badly need some rest. But I think we know you well enough to know you'll rally, and come out with renewed energy. Big hug.

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM!

I appreciate that, Anne, but it's like kicking a rock. At some point, you have to realise the stupidity of it and stop, or you'll hurt your toes.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Oh, I'm fine, Grey Lad. I've stopped worrying about it, stopped nagging, and just played side one of a John Lee Hooker tape!

You like the blues?

I'm not sure send me a tune.

I like the Sky Blues they are my footie team. Yes I know it's only tribalism.

Sent one of my daughter's this beautiful track from Carole King this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvnXiuqPS7c

I've just remembered my children used to love dancing to 'I Am A Music Man' when I took them on holiday. Happy days.

Last edited:

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk

Hard Work

Sep 20, 2017
West yorkshire
Yeah, that was nice. Also, just sent off my application for a heating allowance for the winter. But, but, but...I am now downloading Windows 10 Update and I've gotta go out in a bit. Got X-Ray appt. Aaarrrggghhh :D
Hi, I've just read your comment about heating allowance and have a couple of questions - is this allowance means tested, if not who do you apply to - many thanks

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Hi, I've just read your comment about heating allowance and have a couple of questions - is this allowance means tested, if not who do you apply to - many thanks

Hiya Hard Work: Just in case you haven't found any info yet, what you do is call your gas/electric supplier and they will tell you if you qualify. You need to be claiming certain benefits to get the £140 allowance, which you then collect at a post office.

I don't think it's means tested, but you do have to be claiming certain benefits.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix77