No more on Chick's thread, time to start my own

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Wishing you a better day today Chugg with less pain. Try not to over do it!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Don't forget your mates are my mates & you never know they may be on my side!!!

What's my day been like? Mmmm! Took MIL out for lunch, the usual what day is it? did I go to church? No, you didn't feel well enough. Where are we going? I didn't know our A was coming (her son). Had her usual lunch of fish & chips, polished off all the fish, which was the biggest fish I think I have ever seen on a plate!!! Then had a massive strawberry trifle.
All the way home, what day is it today, so what day is it tomorrow etc etc etc etc you get the message.

A few hours later, surreal phone call (well more surreal than normal) Are we going to Mass tomorrow, no I'm working. Bought her a clock a couple of weeks ago with day & date. Look at the clock, what day is it? Well it keeps changing. Sorry? well in the morning it is Sunday, at lunch it is the 14th & at night it is June. Keep trying to force the message home that she needs to look at it so that she knows what day it is but fighting a losing battle at the mo.

Well heyho. Hope you all get a peaceful night. Will Disi be back tomorrow?

Oh, my goodness, the question circling. That's such hard work.

I got a call from CH at 02:00 this morning. He's only gone and pulled the catheter out again for the third time. Probs whitewashed another review date as they can't do it without him there.

So no doubt, they'll be changing it again for the fifth time because of hubby's antics. It's currently driving me up the wall!

Wish better days for us all with a pallet-load of patience!

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Sorry to hear about you husband Chuggs. Are they required by some stupid regulation to phone you at 0200 to tell you about something you can do nothing about? Doesn't seem helpful.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Sorry to hear about you husband Chuggs. Are they required by some stupid regulation to phone you at 0200 to tell you about something you can do nothing about? Doesn't seem helpful.

Well, better that I know so I can inform the SW's as to what's happened, or he could be in hospital and I know nowt, and we all go for the review not having the full information.

I honestly believe we are getting cared for more than most are. All the stops have been pulled out for us, and the gentleman I spoke to a little while ago said he didn't want to close our case without knowing whether all hubby's care needs are being met. That's just amazing, Es.

When the lady phoned in the early morning, she did ask whether I minded being called so early and asked my permission. She said some carers had asked not to be called. I'd rather know. Isn't that just kindness itself? I think so.

Howz you, Es?

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
poor man, wonder what drives them to it. Be patient, he cant help it, not even at 2am!
Hope the review doesn't get moved again, good luck with it.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Very glad to hear you are both being well looked after Chuggsy. Hopefully the meeting will go ahead. At least this latest incident happened in time for it to inform the overall assessment.
I'm okay, just nursing a cold and being impatient for it to go away. Are you feeling less sore today?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
poor man, wonder what drives them to it. Be patient, he cant help it, not even at 2am!
Hope the review doesn't get moved again, good luck with it.

It's tragic, innit. Because he doesn't know what it's there for, his confusion tells him it's a foreign body, and of course, he's quite right, Bemused. It is. That's what he told the carer's, apparently. But if he doesn't wear it, he can't make water due to his retention, as I was told this morning, after I asked if it could be taken away.

I knew he was gonna do this again. It's now his third time. As soon as the woman said hubby's going back to hospital, I knew immediately what had happened, asked, and she confirmed it.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Very glad to hear you are both being well looked after Chuggsy. Hopefully the meeting will go ahead. At least this latest incident happened in time for it to inform the overall assessment.
I'm okay, just nursing a cold and being impatient for it to go away. Are you feeling less sore today?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank goodness, yes, Es. I'm much better today. Hope your cold soon clears off and you feel much better too.

For whatever reason, the SW says he needs to be at the CH for the meeting. We will see :)

Loadsa patience! At least it's easier to make contact this time :D

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Semi thanks chuggs. Feel better now we have the agency kind of sorted. Hubs having a bad spell but its physical more than anything else