No more on Chick's thread, time to start my own

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Is working and support allowance my lovely :) it's not that much about 70 quid a week but it's a start :) xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
You, Chuggs, appear to have the same problem as me- too darn young! Not pensionable yet! :-D

Still, it's a relief that your husband will be getting the help and care he needs now. I really couldn't see how you would manage with him at home after this setback.

Maybe you can look into some sort of disability benefit for yourself, because of your arthritis?

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
So pleased that Mr Chuggs is sorted, now it's time for you to claim whatever is available to you. You deserve every penny they'll give you. Do you have a Citizens Advice near you, I'm sure they would tell you what you're entitled to.

Sorry to read that you're now needing crutches indoors, hope there is some improvement and it's not a permanent necessity. Keep rocking! x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Totally. It's a simple trip by train and bus. I asked if he could stay there and my SW said yes!

Oh Chuggs, it makes me sad that you've had to struggle so much for everything and with your arthritis and all - then you make light of having to take two bus and two train trips to visit your husband. You're one tough lady.
Hope you get your own finances sorted without too much trouble. Can your husband's social worker advise you? Much love and hugs. Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Back on me feet and have to be careful.

Struggle? Don't even go there folks!

New day, sun shining and I need to get a new shredder...

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Do you have rheumatoid arthritis chuggs? Cos that is progressive isn't it. Common old osteo is bad enough

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Do you have rheumatoid arthritis chuggs? Cos that is progressive isn't it. Common old osteo is bad enough

I think it might be, or I could have a combination. Spondylitis in spine and sternum, arthritis of whatever type in all other joints. It's even in me throat!

Doctors don't even know how bad it's got as they were initially very unsympathetic when I reported it. Took a year for me to even be allowed to go to hospital for a diagnosis.

Was initially fobbed off with a diagnosis of "it's all in yer mind" initially. I wouldn't want it in my mind, mate. Who'd want to pretend they were in agony? The real thing is bad enough.

Independence has got everything going for it. I'm a fully signed up member, hahaha

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
I think it might be, or I could have a combination. Spondylitis in spine and sternum, arthritis of whatever type in all other joints. It's even in me throat!

Doctors don't even know how bad it's got as they were initially very unsympathetic when I reported it. Took a year for me to even be allowed to go to hospital for a diagnosis.

Was initially fobbed off with a diagnosis of "it's all in yer mind" initially. I wouldn't want it in my mind, mate. Who'd want to pretend they were in agony? The real thing is bad enough.

Independence has got everything going for it. I'm a fully signed up member, hahaha

I wonder where they think the mind resides? Hope you have a good day playing lots of sounds.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I wonder where they think the mind resides? Hope you have a good day playing lots of sounds.

I will later! Starting to organise the studio and move it to the living room. Kick that off today when I get back.

Where's that song you left me recently? Gonna look it up.

Is it really that warm all of a sudden? I'm roasting!

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Not nagging you chuggs but if I were you I'd go back to Dr. My husband has ankylosing spondylitis which he ignored most of his life and is now bed bound. Enough of this sceptical drs nonsense, you won't have any independence in a few years if you don't get treatment.
Lesson ended:)
(Tantalising appendicitis- don't you just love spell check?)

Last edited:

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Not nagging you chuggs but if I were you I'd go back to Dr. My husband has ankylosing spondylitis which he ignored most of his life and is now bed bound. Enough of this sceptical drs nonsense, you won't have any independence in a few years if you don't get treatment.
Lesson ended:)
(Tantalising appendicitis- don't you just love spell check?)

Looking at changing surgeries first, Bemused. Gotta get that sorted.

Walked well today.

Did your husband actually try to look after himself? I've got joint splints I've bought for all my needs. I have more than adequate pain relief with TENS which I've used for years. And I walk as much as I am able. It all counts.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Oh, that's nice!

Cheer up folks. Have ya noticed? The list of threads has the old colours back so we can all see what we've read and contributed to.

Sweet, or what :D

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Yeah, so do I. Have you got the full copy of Legend? It's where I first heard this.

I am not sure it could be around somewhere. We have some vinyl between us in addition to CD's. As a busy bee here I tend to use YouTube but the Hudl has evaded my initial trawl. I am sure that wife of mine has put it somewhere safe.

See what you think of The Lord Pretender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5giMu9721ys

saw him at the Cambridge Folk Festival many moons ago. Amazing Guy!

Last edited:

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I am not sure it could be around somewhere. We have some vinyl between us in addition to CD's. As a busy bee here I tend to use YouTube but the Hudl has evaded my initial trawl. I am sure that wife of mine has put it somewhere safe.

See what you think of The Lord Pretender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5giMu9721ys

saw him at the Cambridge Folk Festival many moons ago. Amazing Guy!

I'll suss that in a bit. Having a rest and watching this at the moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nFh156-6RA&feature=em-uploademail

Innit luvverly :D

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Looking at changing surgeries first, Bemused. Gotta get that sorted.

Walked well today.

Did your husband actually try to look after himself? I've got joint splints I've bought for all my needs. I have more than adequate pain relief with TENS which I've used for years. And I walk as much as I am able. It all counts.

No he ignored it chuggs. He had damage to his spine in football and motorbike accidents. He ignored them all and had a maybe ten year remission of pain and then in his fifties his neck started to fuse. Physio was too painful and the damage was too severe to operate on, even if he had agreed. Then he got progressively worse , became unable to walk, then loadbear and finally has to be hoisted. Having said all that he was immensely active and walked hundred of miles in his job. Which is probably why next year he will be 80 .Sadly dementia is a factor we never expected.

But you know as well as I do that the key is movement. As dementia took hold he did less and less so that's why he then went downhill. He should have had treatment for spondylitis which is why I urge you to at least find your options. Professional guidance on exercise help and there are new drug treatments. At least worth looking at,. I have osteoarthritis but I would not want to go through what he has

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
No he ignored it chuggs. He had damage to his spine in football and motorbike accidents. He ignored them all and had a maybe ten year remission of pain and then in his fifties his neck started to fuse. Physio was too painful and the damage was too severe to operate on, even if he had agreed. Then he got progressively worse , became unable to walk, then loadbear and finally has to be hoisted. Having said all that he was immensely active and walked hundred of miles in his job. Which is probably why next year he will be 80 .Sadly dementia is a factor we never expected.

But you know as well as I do that the key is movement. As dementia took hold he did less and less so that's why he then went downhill. He should have had treatment for spondylitis which is why I urge you to at least find your options. Professional guidance on exercise help and there are new drug treatments. At least worth looking at,. I have osteoarthritis but I would not want to go through what he has

It's why I use splints. Got a back support and neck collars. Splints for hands, knees, etc. My TENS is my pain relief. I refuse drugs for certain other reasons. I became extremely unwell about six years ago, due to the condition, went for help and was never properly checked out. Was in my wheelchair at the time. Got told to go into town and buy my own medicine over the counter. I couldn't, bemused. I was too ill. So, three months of agony and having to care for the beginnings of dementia at the same time.

That sort of thing has happened time and time again, which is why I've done my absolute best to care for myself. It's because I've had to, not only because I need to function, but because i had another life in my hands.

I take my independence from good sources. My grandmother was the same with all she suffered. It was only at the very last months of her life that she had to concede defeat!

There's a lovely story related to her which I'll pop up later :) Meanwhile, thank you so much for your concern. I love you for it, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx