No more on Chick's thread, time to start my own

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
What a joy reading your news , dj in de house :D excellent and gives you a link to them and OH l
Well done on bus route , we don't have any bus here :D

Hope you enjoyed your tunes. . I have no idea where you are in country but guessing south of me :D x

I could play Rok Da House, but they might not appreciate that, guffaw ;)

No bus? How d'ya get about then?

I'm in Norfolk, Kjn.

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
We use a couple of mules , if we need parts picked up for work we add baskets or tie together and add a trailer ;):rolleyes:
We were in Norfolk last summer , potter heigham , cromer., west runton area

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Aaah for ducks, what a lovely thing to happen Chuggs.
Glad OH is settled and you have got the bus journey sorted.
Really happy for you that your talents are going to be used - Great for you and excellent for the punters. Sure you'll blow them away:D:D:D
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Sheesh honey, you must get that fixed. I know they are dangerous. We had it happen many years ago. Don't leave it, Jinx. Please find the time to get the wheel sorted.

Wheel bearing done, still getting some strange noises but guess that's just old car creaks and groans, bit like me really!! Well done on the DJing at hubby's CH, should be fun.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Aaah for ducks, what a lovely thing to happen Chuggs.
Glad OH is settled and you have got the bus journey sorted.
Really happy for you that your talents are going to be used - Great for you and excellent for the punters. Sure you'll blow them away:D:D:D
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You know when you get that "Aaaahhh, I can't handle this!" (Done in an American accent, of course) thing? Well, that's how I was feeling about the bus trip, never having been to the town before, for any reason.

Ever!

But I did handle the trip and can now work it like a pro. One more hurdle outa my way :D

I hope the staff there will enjoy it. Those who live there are kinda in the same boat as my hubby with various versions of dementia, so it might irritate them. I very, very do not want that to happen. Gotta be so careful as the fun day starts at ten in the a.m..

Yeah. Means I gotta be up and at 'em EARLY!

Can you see that happening? I've normally barely finished me first coffee that time of day...

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
We use a couple of mules , if we need parts picked up for work we add baskets or tie together and add a trailer ;):rolleyes:
We were in Norfolk last summer , potter heigham , cromer., west runton area

Was a slow journey over 'ere wiv them mules, then! Cromer is fantastic. Everybody loves it there. Really nice bit of the coast.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Wheel bearing done, still getting some strange noises but guess that's just old car creaks and groans, bit like me really!! Well done on the DJing at hubby's CH, should be fun.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Oh, thank God. I'm so glad it's repaired.

Yeah. If I can pull it off, it'll be a breath of fresh air. I was so honoured when the woman asked me. And, "What about paying you for your time, and getting you over here?" I said, "Look, if not for you people, my hubby wouldn't be getting looked after like he is. No way am I taking payment. I'm honoured you even asked me." What a lovely spirit. Oh yeah, and on the journey in, a dear older lady asked the driver to show me where to get off, telling him where I was heading for. They both, she and that driver could not have been more helpful.

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
Oh, thank God. I'm so glad it's repaired.

Yeah. If I can pull it off, it'll be a breath of fresh air. I was so honoured when the woman asked me. And, "What about paying you for your time, and getting you over here?" I said, "Look, if not for you people, my hubby wouldn't be getting looked after like he is. No way am I taking payment. I'm honoured you even asked me." What a lovely spirit. Oh yeah, and on the journey in, a dear older lady asked the driver to show me where to get off, telling him where I was heading for. They both, she and that driver could not have been more helpful.

You could at least accept a lift with all your gear??? That would make sense. So pleased that your talents are being put to good use.

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
I don't have TV, only see snatches if visiting someone or in the nursing home. Is Jeremy Vine the one that has that show where people sort of "wash their dirty laundry in public ", and they do DNA tests, and everyone ends up shouting at each other? :-/

No offense intended to anyone who watches Jeremy Kyle but Lady I got more taste!

Sorry but that was offensive to anyone that watches Jeremy Kyle.

They are covering carers week on radio 2 all week, different shows at different times.

Last edited:

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
You could at least accept a lift with all your gear??? That would make sense. So pleased that your talents are being put to good use.

It would be far more than that, Lizzy. If I let them, the day would cost 110 (approx) miles in a round trip, as they'd have to come and get me, then bring me back. I couldn't do that!

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
It would be far more than that, Lizzy. If I let them, the day would cost 110 (approx) miles in a round trip, as they'd have to come and get me, then bring me back. I couldn't do that!

But they offered & must know your situation & you don't know whether there may be someone already going that lives close to you.

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside

But you'd be doing them a favour too. Give & take makes things work

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
But they offered & must know your situation & you don't know whether there may be someone already going that lives close to you.

If they have offered take them up on it, you are undervaluing yourself, they think your DJ skills will bring pleasure to the residents, think what it would cost them to pay for a DJ xxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
If they have offered take them up on it, you are undervaluing yourself, they think your DJ skills will bring pleasure to the residents, think what it would cost them to pay for a DJ xxx

Even when I was a disco DJ, the guy who owned the outfit would pay me about 20 quid for a night's work on two turntable decks, plus carrying the stuff to the gig to set it up! My 18 years as a radio jock, I had to pay for. It was like being in a club with an annual fee from us lot who ran it.

My hubby is being taken care of, and I am already paid in full for that. Thanks so much, everyone, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Anyway, nothing is quite set in stone yet. If hubby comes home, I won't be going anywhere as he can't be left alone for he cannot walk. At all.

Today's the day for the review. Once that's out the way, then I can plan the fundraiser thing. I'd love to do it. More this evening when I get home.

Your support is awesome and really valued. Thanks everyone, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Pity you rarely take any notice of advice! As cat said give and take makes the world go round! Good luck with the meeting and stand strong.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
No review today after all. Been changed again to next Tuesday now, as CH Manager not available today.

Still think they might be planning to release hubby. Just don't know when, yet.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
No review today after all. Been changed again to next Tuesday now, as CH Manager not available today.

Still think they might be planning to release hubby. Just don't know when, yet.

Jen , thank you for your lovely post on positive thread :) means a lot . You have really got to think about having hubs home again what with your arthritis it will be too much for you to handle . Plz don't be offended as I mean well xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point