No more on Chick's thread, time to start my own

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Not to mention the fact that pwd can present themselves really well with an official to the point even the carer doubts what they know to be reality

Yup, like I've said before. My hubby still insists he's fully well. He seems to live life in that particular bubble. He has no idea that we never converse any more, except for that one time when Ivisited him last weekend. We were bioth relaxed enough for him to actually sit and listen to me, and then respond. That's a new skill, Bemused as in olden days, he either dictated in anger, or talked 'at' me. It was hard for me to actually speak! I had to fight to get my own thoughts across.

Really strange, that.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Are you still talking to me Chuggs?

Of course I am, Lizzy. Please don't be mad at me when I get distressed, okay? That's what yesterday was. A whole day of it.

Sorted now, well, better'n yesterday, anyway.

You still love me? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Showing my age now, I still use Gloria Gaynor I will survive as my personal survival kit. Getting a bit long in the tooth for it to be relevant but a girl can only dream!

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
Of course I am, Lizzy. Please don't be mad at me when I get distressed, okay? That's what yesterday was. A whole day of it.

Sorted now, well, better'n yesterday, anyway.

You still love me? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh of course I do. Just don't like the idea of you being down. xxxxx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Glad you're feeling a bit better Chuggs, although it sounds as though you still haven't been really told what's going on. Hope you hear something positive soon - or what passes for positive in dementia land.
Poor Cat, it's just relentless isn't it. Wish you could get a break.
Hope you get reunited with your Hudl soon GL.
Love to all, Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Glad you're feeling a bit better Chuggs, although it sounds as though you still haven't been really told what's going on. Hope you hear something positive soon - or what passes for positive in dementia land.
Love to all, Es

No news yet on missing Hudl. I am sure Maureen will bring it to me one day and ask me if it belongs to me. She is asking for some bags at this very moment so she can pack to go home.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Hi chuggs. Don't know if this applies to you with Mr chuggs but Fred's glasses came FOC as he in a CH.

Nopes, I'd have to pay. I've got the letter retyped I had last week, with MY name on it, instead of his first wife's! Glasses (spectacles) are mentioned that I will fund. I don't care, as long as he can be sorted. I pay for me own specs, so he gets at least as good as I get :) Can't spend a fortune, but he can have whatever he likes. Mind you, if he knew they were charged for, he'd do his nut, so I'd have to keep mum about it.

No probs Verity and thank you :)

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
No news yet on missing Hudl. I am sure Maureen will bring it to me one day and ask me if it belongs to me. She is asking for some bags at this very moment so she can pack to go home.

Dude? You very very must stick one o'them apps on, soon as ya find it!

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Love to all, Es

Lizzy; Heike; thanks, you two. Es, and everyone, here is the news after a coupla phone calls. He's back at the CH now, but they've got to change his catheter to a permanent one. Whadda heck that means, don't even ask me:confused::confused::confused:

I did ask if the stupid thing could be removed as if he pulls the permanent one out, he really would injure himself. I couldn't bear that.

Meanwhile, he's having a snooze and I can visit tomorrow. Yay! That'll do me :)