No more on Chick's thread, time to start my own

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Seems to me that everything has to turn into a drama. No, it's not a nursing home he was in, folks. This is what happens to those at the bottom of the barrel.

Did anyone hear what that bloke said when he couldn't afford to pay for his own care any more? That's when his troubles started. So, far from sorting out my hubby's care next week, he'll be back to staying in hospital until the SW's sort something else out. Just what they didn't want. This blockage causes strokes. He's already had two of them last year. He won't see this year out at this rate.

No point trying to phone anyone today. I'll have to get back in with the social workers tomorrow and find out the latest.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
All sounds like an absolute nightmare Chuggs, especially as you can't get any information. At least you know he's somewhere safe. I hope you manage to get some sleep and there's some better news tomorrow. Lots of love and hugs to you.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
All sounds like an absolute nightmare Chuggs, especially as you can't get any information. At least you know he's somewhere safe. I hope you manage to get some sleep and there's some better news tomorrow. Lots of love and hugs to you.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Somewhere safe? The worst thing of all was putting that catheter in, in the first place. Yes, the care in hospital is awesome, Es, but the catheter was a big mistake. More for convenience than needed medically. He was doing his own 'business' properly himself before the fall. He knew when he needed the toilet here at home and went there as he needed. So why suddenly the catheter? I'll never know.

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
I'm paying another forfeit for the brilliant day I had Saturday! It always goes like this! Grrrr...

Much as I love you Chuggs you can be bl**dy irritating at times! Why does there have to be a forfeit if you had a good on Saturday. I was so pleased for you that you had that day. This is a set back, sure but don't go all gloomy on me. It WILL get sorted.:)
That is the first time I have used one of those whatever you call them so you are honoured!
xxxxxxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
How the deck are you this morning Music Woman?

Well I got as far as getting through to the hospital, Paul. No info. Too early. Gonna call someone else after 9, see what's happening. For a blocked catheter, this is going on a bit! Should have been sorted in a couple of hours from what I read and saw yesterday.

Hubby still in hospital. Thanks for asking.

You n Maureen all right?

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Well I got as far as getting through to the hospital, Paul. No info. Too early. Gonna call someone else after 9, see what's happening. For a blocked catheter, this is going on a bit! Should have been sorted in a couple of hours from what I read and saw yesterday.

Hubby still in hospital. Thanks for asking.

You n Maureen all right?

Fine thanks had a good day yesterday. I understand why she had been so grumpy lately. She told me she thought I was planning to leave her with her Uncle in his Care Home on Friday. This morning she thought I had gone back to Coventry and left her here. How dreadful all of this must be for such a beautiful woman who is so brave in the face of adversity.

Hope you get some news of progress very soon.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Fine thanks had a good day yesterday. I understand why she had been so grumpy lately. She told me she thought I was planning to leave her with her Uncle in his Care Home on Friday. This morning she thought I had gone back to Coventry and left her here. How dreadful all of this must be for such a beautiful woman who is so brave in the face of adversity.

Hope you get some news of progress very soon.

Going back a while, could even have been last year. I'd been out shopping. Came back with hubby in a panic, thought I'd left him.

It was easier living with his hypochondria than with this. That was bad enough, but to see him so depleted with this has been the hardest thing to watch.

The only good thing dementia ever did was to stop him trying to diagnose himself with every evil disease he could find. He still now firmly denies he's ill! Saturday, he was saying he'd get himself up and walk home. He can't even stand up, Paul. And he doesn't even know it. I was almost talking to my other husband on Saturday. It was as if he'd got his wits back.

Totally surreal, this disease, in every way. I know you've had it rough lately, too.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Going back a while, could even have been last year. I'd been out shopping. Came back with hubby in a panic, thought I'd left him.

It was easier living with his hypochondria than with this. That was bad enough, but to see him so depleted with this has been the hardest thing to watch.

The only good thing dementia ever did was to stop him trying to diagnose himself with every evil disease he could find. He still now firmly denies he's ill! Saturday, he was saying he'd get himself up and walk home. He can't even stand up, Paul. And he doesn't even know it. I was almost talking to my other husband on Saturday. It was as if he'd got his wits back.

Totally surreal, this disease, in every way. I know you've had it rough lately, too.

Makes for an interesting life: the old Chinese curse - so I understand. I am not sure if I would cope with an ordinary life any more. No sign of that Hudl yet but its here somewhere.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Makes for an interesting life: the old Chinese curse - so I understand. I am not sure if I would cope with an ordinary life any more. No sign of that Hudl yet but its here somewhere.

I go spare if I can't find my KFHD! Isn't it strange, how we become so attached to things. In the old days, when the guys on telly first started giving out web addresses for their programmes, it WAS funny! I used to joke about it :D Now, it seems to be a horror of we lose one of our mobile 'pets', hahaha :)

It'll probably end up being in the last place you'd think of. Not being funny, but do check your white goods, see if it's been sneakily slipped in the washing machine or freezer (perish the thought), for safe keeping. No. I'm not making fun of you. That's one of the awful things dementia does, as we all very well know.

Or even check the car. You got a car?

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Progress, at last

Phone system went down at theCH yesterday, adding to the hassle for everyone, seems to be better today, although still hard getting through! Spoke to someone there who told me hubby had tried to remove catheter again. So it wasn't a blockage after all.

It gets better!

Traded phone numbers with bloke @ CH. They'll tell me if/when, he "comes home" as it was stated. Meaning, when he goes back there from hospital.

At last - intelligence rules! I can cope with intelligent people on the phone who know what the real situation is. Thinks I might have to ask whether he can have the thing removed to stop him injuring himself.

Plus I've ordered replacement dining furniture just now. Last thing to do, get the window blinds fitted!

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Phone system went down at theCH yesterday, adding to the hassle for everyone, seems to be better today, although still hard getting through! Spoke to someone there who told me hubby had tried to remove catheter again. So it wasn't a blockage after all.

It gets better!

Traded phone numbers with bloke @ CH. They'll tell me if/when, he "comes home" as it was stated. Meaning, when he goes back there from hospital.

At last - intelligence rules! I can cope with intelligent people on the phone who know what the real situation is. Thinks I might have to ask whether he can have the thing removed to stop him injuring himself.

Plus I've ordered replacement dining furniture just now. Last thing to do, get the window blinds fitted!

Glad you have made contact.

S W due here any minute. I wonder if she can find my Hudl? Could do a capacity assessment on her then.:D

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Glad you have made contact.

S W due here any minute. I wonder if she can find my Hudl? Could do a capacity assessment on her then.:D

Guffaw! Shouldn't laugh mate, but that made my day.

Just had a call from the Outside Clinic. Ever heard of them? They come to your home to do an eye test and make spectacles up for you. Brilliant people. Hubby does need new glasses, so I'll contact them again next week to get it sorted after everything else is talked through.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Guffaw! Shouldn't laugh mate, but that made my day.

Just had a call from the Outside Clinic. Ever heard of them? They come to your home to do an eye test and make spectacles up for you. Brilliant people. Hubby does need new glasses, so I'll contact them again next week to get it sorted after everything else is talked through.

Have completed my capacity on assessment on the S W after 10 minute meeting in the street. I deliberately went out just before her visit. She clearly misunderstood her role and failed to mention the Hudl. I think this is a serious issue and may take disciplinary action

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Have completed my capacity on assessment on the S W after 10 minute meeting in the street. I deliberately went out just before her visit. She clearly misunderstood her role and failed to mention the Hudl. I think this is a serious issue and may take disciplinary action

Well 'ang on there. If you deliberately went out... oh, ferget me! Never mind, heh heh heh :D

You only got one useful room indoors, like me? Phfff - no wonder it's hard to talk freely. I could never do that here.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Well 'ang on there. If you deliberately went out... oh, ferget me! Never mind, heh heh heh :D

You only got one useful room indoors, like me? Phfff - no wonder it's hard to talk freely. I could never do that here.

Joking aside I thought that her assessment of Maureen should take place without me in the house. It's disappointing that my Hudl is still hiding as it was one of my music machines.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Joking aside I thought that her assessment of Maureen should take place without me in the house. It's disappointing that my Hudl is still hiding as it was one of my music machines.

Nice going, Paul. The privacy thing. Impossible in our small place. I could never talk freely. If Maureen still can, that's good. But you have to be aware that if she says she's all right, you know she isn't, which could cause a few hiccoughs along the way.

Do be aware of that, although you seem to have a good handle on everything.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Not to mention the fact that pwd can present themselves really well with an official to the point even the carer doubts what they know to be reality

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarySpindleberry