Next stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Thinking of you today bemused and also holding your hand . Hoping all will go smoothly . Lots of love xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Hope the day was as you wanted, take time to reflect on the love and strength you and Ron shared, it is still with you and will help you through the days ahead. xxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Thank you everyone who thought of us yesterday and helped me through.
Scarlett I thought of your words, took deep breaths before I could start and several times when I thought I couldn't go on and did it all. That really helped that I had done that one last thing for him. Everyone thought that the funeral was fitting to the Ron they knew and loved. The years of dementia rolled away and he was there laughing and joking as he always did.
The gathering we had afterwards was just as he loved his family together and chatting and laughing. Son in-law who is terminally ill was there as well, read the poem .If and came back for a while. It meant so much that he was there and so much bravery.
But today, every little bit of pain and hurt is back. That protective bubble that saffie mentioned elsewhere has been burst and now I have to begin again to put it a little bit further back in my mind.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Thank you everyone who thought of us yesterday and helped me through.
Scarlett I thought of your words, took deep breaths before I could start and several times when I thought I couldn't go on and did it all. That really helped that I had done that one last thing for him. Everyone thought that the funeral was fitting to the Ron they knew and loved. The years of dementia rolled away and he was there laughing and joking as he always did.
The gathering we had afterwards was just as he loved his family together and chatting and laughing. Son in-law who is terminally ill was there as well, read the poem .If and came back for a while. It meant so much that he was there and so much bravery.
But today, every little bit of pain and hurt is back. That protective bubble that saffie mentioned elsewhere has been burst and now I have to begin again to put it a little bit further back in my mind.

Thank you for posting early today, to let us know that things went so smoothly. I'm so glad that my "deep breaths" advice worked for you - you were very brave, and Ron will be very proud of his Best Girl. That was incredibly heroic of your Son In Law to read the poem.

The days after the funeral are exceptionally hard, but please be kind to yourself, and don't expect too much too soon. We're all here for you Sweetie xx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Thank you for posting early today, to let us know that things went so smoothly. I'm so glad that my "deep breaths" advice worked for you - you were very brave, and Ron will be very proud of his Best Girl. That was incredibly heroic of your Son In Law to read the poem.

The days after the funeral are exceptionally hard, but please be kind to yourself, and don't expect too much too soon. We're all here for you Sweetie xx

Thank you Scarlett for your understanding

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
I often think of the little saying 'better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all' and I'm sure it's right but the losing bit is so painful. I'm glad you have some comfort from knowing that yesterday was right for Ron and you managed the eulogy, which I would regard as a huge triumph having not had the strength to read Bernard's myself. How is Jess doing? xxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
I often think of the little saying 'better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all' and I'm sure it's right but the losing bit is so painful. I'm glad you have some comfort from knowing that yesterday was right for Ron and you managed the eulogy, which I would regard as a huge triumph having not had the strength to read Bernard's myself. How is Jess doing? xxxx

She did brilliantly. She coped with all the people and a golden retriever twice her size in her house. She zonked out completely once the house was empty but had a longer walk than usual this morning.
But she is confused and very jumpy still. And I'm going to have to deal with leaving her alone for longer periods. Bit by bit on that one. Theory says dogs don't have a sense of time but anyone who's dog is waiting for them when they come home might dispute that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch